A chef’s salad isn’t something only to be eaten at restaurants. You can easily make this Best Ever Chef’s Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing at home with all the great add-ins and flavor you love!
When you want a full meal in a bowl that’s filling, healthy, completely flavor-packed, and is keto friendly too, then look no further than this meat and cheese Chef’s Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing! You’re going to love just how easy it is to prepare with the help of some grocery store shortcuts!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Chef’s Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing is available near the end of this post.
How to make homemade blue cheese dressing;
- blue cheese crumbles
- heavy cream
- apple cider vinegar
- black pepper
- Whisk or stir all the dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
The ingredient list for the Best Ever Chef’s Salad is as follows;
- iceberg lettuce
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- sliced provolone cheese
- sliced Genoa salami
- sliced ham
- sliced turkey
- grape tomatoes
- hard cooked eggs
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Here are the grocery store short-cuts I spoke of earlier;
I don’t know why, but I’m challenged when it comes to hard-cooking eggs and then peeling them cleanly. It just doesn’t happen for me even though I’ve tried several different (supposedly) fool-proof methods. I’m still the fool that can mess them up! LOL. Anyway, I’ve recently started purchasing the pre-cooked hard-cooked eggs (found in a bag right in the egg case), and they’ve become a staple in my grocery cart.
I also purchase the pre-crumbled blue cheese crumbles. Because blue cheese is rather sticky, I find purchasing the pre-crumbled blue cheese keeps my hands cleaner. Since I tend to wipe my hands a million times while I’m cooking, anything that prevents me from doing that (even once) is a welcome change for me in my Kudos Kitchen.
How to assemble the Best Ever Chef’s Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing;
- Place the torn lettuce in a large bowl and layer with the remaining ingredients ending with the dried herbs, drained capers, and hard-cooked eggs.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve, or serve immediately with the homemade blue cheese dressing.
For other delicious salad recipes I’ve shared in the past, please click on the following titles for;
- Berry Chicken Avocado Salad
- Avocado Mango Salad with Lime Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- Autumn Harvest Fruit and Vegetable Salad
- Blood Orange and Blueberry Salad
- Roasted Golden Beet and Broccoli Salad
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Best Ever Chef’s Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced and cut into chunks
- 4 ounces provolone sliced and cut into chunks
- 4 ounces Genoa salami sliced and cut into chunks
- 4 ounces ham sliced and cut into chunks
- 4 ounces turkey sliced and cut into chunks
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 jar capers drained
- 3 hard cooked eggs quartered
- 1½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk or stir all the dressing ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until combined and creamy. Adjust the seasonings if needed.
Chill until ready to serve.
Layer all the ingredients, starting with the lettuce and ending with the dried herbs, capers, and hard-cooked eggs.
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s Best Ever Chef’s Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding today’s recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!