If you want a copycat version of the original Big Mac only in slider form, you’ve come to the right place.
Big Mac Sliders taste just like their namesake burger, and everyone loves them!
*Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links where I can earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through links in this post.
I’m super happy with how this recipe for Big Mac Sliders turned out, and I challenge you to make them and tell me they don’t taste like the iconic burger.
Come on…I double-dog dare you! 😉
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Big Mac Sliders is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
Who remembers the jingle: Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun?
It was 1974 when a New York advertising agency came out with that catchy marketing ad. and it’s been stuck in my head (and probably yours) ever since.
Well, today I bring to you: Two pounds of cooked and crumbled ground beef, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on some sesame seed slider buns.
Do you think it will catch on?! LOL.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- slider buns (12 pack)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- dehydrated minced onion
- chopped dill pickles
- American cheese
- sweet pickle relish
- shredded romaine lettuce
- sesame seeds
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large skillet
- spatula or wooden spoon
- medium-size bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- 2 quart (9 x 13) rectangle baking dish
- pastry brush
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- serrated bread knife
How long do big mac sliders take to make from start to finish?
Approximately 30 minutes.
Can these ground beef appetizers be made in advance?
Big Mac Sliders can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days (covered) before reheating.
But, I suggest waiting until right before serving to add the romaine lettuce.
How to reheat after refrigerating?
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
Uncover the sliders and heat in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until heated through.
Can the romaine lettuce be left off the sliders?
It’s totally your call.
The lettuce adds to the authenticity of the Big Mac flavor, but if you’re not a fan, then it’s not that big of a deal.
When is the best time to add the romaine lettuce?
I like to add it to the sliders after they’ve come out of the oven so it still has some texture and crunch.
However, if you’d like to add it to the sliders before they go in the oven then that’s fine too.
How to make Big Mac Sliders:
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- In a large skillet brown 2 pounds of ground beef over medium-high heat.
- To the browned ground beef, add the dehydrated onion, salt, pepper, and chopped dill pickles. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the slider buns (package of 12) in half lenghtwise and add the bottom half of the buns to a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Add an even layer of America cheese on top of the bun-bottoms and spoon the ground beef mixture evenly over the bun-bottoms and cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet pickle relish, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the secret sauce evenly over the ground beef mixture and place the top half of the buns in place.
- Brush melted butter over the buns and sprinkle with sesame seeds before baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the big mac sliders from the oven, and add the shredded romaine to the sliders, if desired.
Additional easy appetizer recipes everyone loves:
* Parmesan Onion Squares (pictured below)
Parmesan Onion Squares are an easy to make appetizer with a light oniony flavor, a crisp yet creamy texture, and a tiny and unexpected touch of sweetness that everyone loves!
*Crab Rangoon Stuffed Poppers (pictured below)
Jalapeno poppers stuffed with crab Rangoon are everything you’d hoped for! A combination of two of your favorite appetizers all in one (make that two) delicious bites. Yay!
*Patty Melt Dip (pictured below)
Everything you love about a patty melt sandwich is in this easy to make Patty Melt Dip. It’s sure to be a real crowd-pleaser at your next party or celebration!
*Big Mac Sliders (pictured below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s copycat ground beef recipe for Big Mac Sliders.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
- 2 pounds ground beef (80/20 blend)
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ tablespoons dehydrated minced onion
- ¼ cup chopped dill pickles
- 6 slices American Cheese
- 1 package (12 buns) slider rolls (I used Kings Hawaiian)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1½ tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion, and chopped dill pickles.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, slice the slider rolls in half (lengthwise) and place the bottom half of the rolls into a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Layer the American cheese evenly over the rolls in the baking dish, and top the cheese and rolls evenly with the ground beef mixture.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, ketchup, and sweet pickle relish.
- Spoon the sauce evenly over the ground beef sliders and place the top half of the buns onto the sliders.
- Brush the melted butter onto the buns and sprinkle evenly with the sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Before serving, add the sliced romaine lettuce to the sliders (optional) and enjoy!
Serving Size1 slider
Amount Per Serving Calories 336Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 84mgSodium 636mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 23g
The nutritional information and calorie count provided is intended as a guideline only and has been provided by third-party software.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s easy and delicious recipe for Big Mac Sliders as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!