Sweet with a little heat. That's what you'll find in this delicious Spicy Thai Pulled Pork recipe. Mix everything up in the slow cooker and then go about your day. You really can't get much easier (or tastier) than that! And it feeds a crowd, too!!
There are only a handful of ingredients you'll need to make this Spicy Thai Pulled Pork. They are a 6-7 pound pork butt, orange marmalade, Thai sweet & spicy chili sauce, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and cornstarch. You'll also need a 7 or 8-quart slow cooker just to make sure that big ol' pork butt will fit nicely inside.
The trick to feeding a bunch of people without spending a bunch of money with this recipe for Spicy Thai Pulled Pork is to buy a pork butt when it's on sale in the market and then keep it in the freezer until you need it.
Since the pork butt will store in the freezer (as long as it's well wrapped) for up to 6 months (probably longer), you can buy one now, even if you don't plan on serving it until you're ready to party in the backyard during summer. That is IF you can wait that long! LOL
However, if you're not prepared to wait until summer to make this deliciously easy Spicy Thai Pulled Pork with Orange, I completely understand! If I was you, I'd think up a reason to have friends and family over as soon as possible (maybe for an impromptu game night), just so you can make and serve these amazing sandwiches! I promise you won't regret it one bit!!
Let's begin making Spicy Thai Pulled Pork with Orange for the Slow Cooker. It will be ready in about 6 hours, so call your family and friends!
Mix together the sweet spicy Thai chili sauce, orange marmalade, rice vinegar, soy sauce and garlic in a medium bowl.
Place the pork butt into the slow cooker and season liberally with salt and pepper. Pour the chili sauce mixture over the pork butt, cover the cooker and set the cooker to high for 6 hours.
After two hours, after 4 hours, and after 6 hours. Carefully remove the pork butt to a large tray and cover to keep warm.
Ladle approximately 4 cups of the sauce remaining in the cooker into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir together the cornstarch and water and add it to the saucepan, stirring well until the sauce has thickened. Shred the cooked pork butt with two forks and top the shredded pork with the thickened sauce.
Serve the Spicy Thai Pulled Pork on buns along with additional Sweet & Spicy Thai chili sauce, if desired.
Spicy Thai Pulled Pork with Orange for the Slow Cooker
- 1 7-8 pound pork butt
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar 18 ounces orange marmalade
- ¼ cup Sweet & Spicy Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Season the pork butt with the salt and pepper and place into a 7 or 8 quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the orange marmalade, chili sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the pork butt.
- Cover the cooker and set the cooker to high for 6 hours.
- After the 6 hours is up, remove the pork butt to a large dish. Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Ladle 3 cups of the sauce remaining in the cooker into a saucepan.
- Simmer the sauce over medium heat.
- In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and water.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan, stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Shred the pork with two forks, and pour the thickened sauce over the pulled pork.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Serve on buns with additional Thai sweet & spicy chili sauce, if desired.
large dish for pulled pork
wooden spoon or whisk
For other of my favorite recipes which are made in the slow cooker, please click on the following titles for:
I hope you've enjoyed this recipe for Spicy Thai Pulled Pork with Orange for the Slow Cooker as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you. Should you have any questions regarding this, or anything else you see on my site, please don't hesitate to contact me directly, or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!