This Slow Cooker Beef Brisket recipe just may surprise you with its list of ingredients, but trust me when I tell you after your first bite, you'll be hooked!!
What's better than a slow-cooked meal that's ready to eat, when you're ready to eat it?
Not to mention the fact that in the warmer summer month's the heat is contained and not steaming up the kitchen. Win. Win.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making beef brisket in the slow cooker is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
This recipe was originally shared in 2013. This post has been updated with additional information, including a recipe card complete with nutritional information, but the recipe itself has remained unchanged.
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- beef brisket
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- smoked paprika
- garlic, minced
- bay leaves
- cocktail sauce
- brown sugar
Kitchen tools and equipment:
Why this recipe works:
If you're one of those people who think that slow cooker foods are not as fancy and drool-worthy as other forms of cooking, just feast your eyes on what's coming.
I think you just might have a change of heart, and it could not have been easier to make.
Trust me when I tell you, it was mighty good eating, and fancy enough for company!
How to make slow cooker beef brisket with beer BBQ sauce:
- Add the seasoned brisket to the slow cooker, cutting it (if needed) to fit.
- Add sliced onions, garlic cloves, and bay leaves.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the beer, sriracha, cocktail sauce, brown sugar, and water.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the brisket in the cooker, cover, and cook on high for 4-5 hours (or low for 7-8 hours).
- Remove the beef brisket from the cooker, and use a slotted spoon to remove the onions (if desired). Keep warm.
- Transfer 3-4 cups of the cooking liquid to a small stockpot and bring to a simmer.
- In a small cup stir together 2 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the stockpot and cook, stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens.
- Slice the brisket across the grain and pour the sauce with the onions over top.
Can this brisket be made in a Dutch oven instead?
Follow the exact same instructions up until it comes time to set the slow cooker.
Preheat the oven to 325-degrees, and once ready, slide the (covered) Dutch oven beef brisket into the preheated oven and cook for 3 hours.
Continue the recipe (as written) to thicken the beer BBQ sauce on the stovetop.
Complete menu options for this beefy main course:
*Pimento Cheese Mashed Potatoes (shown below)
Why not give traditional mashed potatoes a little update? Pimento Cheese Mashed Potatoes are easy to make and taste amazing!!
*Celery Root Mashed Potatoes (not shown)
The ultimate comfort food is kicked up a notch or two with these Celery Root Mashed Potatoes. The flavor of potato and celery root complement each other amazingly well.
*Sunflower Crunch Kale and Cabbage Salad (shown below)
Crunchy, healthy, and completely addictive. This Sunflower Crunch Kale and Cabbage Salad has it ALL going on!! Dig in! You’re going to love this colorful salad!
*Roasted Broccoli, Carrots, Shallots and Cashews (not shown)
It’s easy to turn vegetable haters into vegetable lovers with this dish of Oven Roasted Carrots, Broccoli, Shallots, and Cashews.
*Slow Cooker Brisket with Beer BBQ Sauce (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's super flavorful beef brisket dinner for the slow cooker.
If you've made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you're so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET WITH BEER BBQ SAUCE
- 1 4-5 pound beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 large red onion sliced and separated into rings
- 4-5 cloves garlic peeled and smashed lightly
- 3-4 fresh bay leaves
- 1 12 ounces can/bottle of beer
- 3 tablespoons sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- ½ cup cocktail sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- -Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and chili powder to make a rub.
- -Rub the seasonings on both sides of the meat and allow it to sit for approximately 15 minutes.
- -If necessary, cut the beef to fit into the slow cooker.
- -Place a layer of onion rings on the bottom of the cooker and place the meat on top of the onions.
- -Add the remaining onions on top of the beef along with the garlic cloves and bay leaves.
- -In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the beer, sriracha, cocktail sauce, brown sugar, and 1 cup of water.
- -Pour the beer mixture over the meat in the cooker.
- -Cover and set the cooker to high and allow to cook for 4-5 hours (or you can do 7-8 hours on low if you need more time).
- -Remove the brisket and the onions from the cooker, and cover to keep warm.
- -Take 3-4 cups of the cooker sauce and add it to a medium saucepan.
- -Over medium heat, bring the sauce up to a low simmer.
- -In a small cup, mix together the cornstarch and the 2 tablespoons of water.
- -Pour the cornstarch mixture into the hot sauce and stir to thicken.
- -Slice the brisket against the grain and top with the onions and thickened sauce.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's slow cooker beef main course as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
To see more, like and follow me across my social media platforms (buttons shown below), and don't forget to tag me (@kudoskitchen) with photos and comments on the recipes you've made. I'll see you there!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – Where I joyously bring you easy, economical, and delicious comfort food dishes to feed the people you love!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note - The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!