Satisfy your sweet tooth and put dessert on the table in a matter of moments with this Speedy Grilled Pineapple Pound Cake.
While I do like to bake from scratch a lot, there are times when using pre-made store-bought items fits the bill as far as time is concerned.
So is the case with this Grilled Pineapple Pound Cake. It’s an utterly delicious, easy, and impressive dessert you’ll be proud to serve!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Grilled Pineapple Pound Cake is available at the end of this post.
The ingredient list:
- Frozen Pound Cake, thawed
- Pineapple Rings, drained and dried
- Brown Sugar
- Whipped Cream (homemade or store bought)
- Mint Sprigs (optional)
Why this recipe works?
As long as you have a few staple ingredients on hand (in the freezer, and in the pantry), you’ll be able to serve this speedy Grilled Caramelized Pineapple Pound Cake in 10 minutes or less. Even if (or when) you’re caught off-guard with unexpected guests.
Can this recipe be made in advance?
Since it only takes 10 minutes to make from start to finish, there is really no need to even consider making it in advance.
However, if every minute counts, by all means, grill the pound cake slices and pineapple earlier and assemble the cake slices right before you’re ready to serve.
Can this be made on an outdoor grill as well as an indoor grill pan?
Yep! It’s very versatile that way.
Rain or shine, you can have this delicious grilled pineapple pound cake on your table in no time!
Can fresh pineapple be used in this recipe?
That said, what makes this recipe a good one for last-minute on-the-fly occasions is that it can also be made with canned pineapple slices that you probably already have on hand in your pantry.
Looking for additional delicious recipes using pineapple from around the web?
Good! I’ve got you covered. Please click on the following titles for:
- Pineapple BBQ Instant Pot Ribs from The Salty Pot
- Thai Pineapple Fried Rice from Curry Trail
- Dole Whip Boozy Popsicles from This Ole Mom
- Sheet Pan Shrimp with Pineapple from Sidewalk Shoes
- Grilled Pork and Pineapple Tacos from A Farm Girl Dabbles
The easy instructions for making grilled pineapple pound cake;
- Thaw, slice, and spread butter on both sides of store-bought pound cake (one slice per person).
- Heat an indoor grill pan (or outdoor grill) and grill the prepared pound cake slices on both sides until grill marks appear.
- Remove the pound cake to a platter while grilling the pineapple slices.
- Drain canned pineapple rings (one ring per serving), and dry them on paper towels.
- Sprinkle each pineapple slice with approximately 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Grill each slice of pineapple on the heated grill pan until grill marks appear.
- Place one grilled pineapple slice atop of each serving of grilled pound cake.
- To serve; place a large dollop of whipped cream on each pound cake and pineapple stack, along with a sprig of mint if desired.
**The following affiliate links are some suggested products I’ve chosen that will aid you in the making and serving of this recipe for grilled pineapple pound cake if desired.
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s easy and quick grilled fruit dessert.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- 1 1" pound cake slice thawed, if frozen
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 Pineapple Slice drained and dried
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Whipped Cream
- 1 mint sprig optional
Spread the pound cake slice with softened butter on both sides.
Heat a grill pan and cook the pound cake on both sides, until grill marks appear.
Remove the pound cake slice to a plate.
Sprinkle a dried pineapple slice with brown sugar.
Grill the pineapple slice on both sides until grill marks appear.
Place the grilled pineapple slice on top of the grilled pound cake slice.
Top the cake and pineapple with a large dollop of whipped cream, and garnish with fresh mint sprigs if desired.
If serving more than one, follow the recipe and increase the quantities and measurements for as many people as you are serving.
Tools and Equipment:
Serrated knife (to slice the pound cake), Butter knife, Cutting board, Paper towels (to dry the pineapple slices), Grill Pan or outdoor grill, Tongs (to flip the pound cake and pineapple), measuring spoons
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s speedy dessert for grilled pineapple pound cake as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
The reason I’ve decided to pair this easy recipe for Grilled Pineapple Pound Cake with this “I Got One” whimsical hand-painted bride wine glass (shown below) is that I guess I have weddings on the brain after attending my nephew’s wedding yesterday.
Also because this easy dessert would be a perfect match for any new bride (or groom) who may feel a little intimidated in the kitchen, (just as I was as a new bride).
This grilled pineapple pound cake recipe is the perfect starter for anyone who wants something they know and trust they’ll be successful with when whipping up, no matter their skill level, and that it’s something that tastes as delicious as it looks. This is my solemn vow! LOL. Wedding humor!
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!