This super cute Aloha Pineapple Cheese Ball will be the hit of your next summer party. It’s really easy to make and it’s crazy delicious too!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Aloha Pineapple Cheese Ball is available at the end of this post. OR hit the “Jump to Recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
- Cream Cheese
- Crushed Pineapple
- Bacon Bits
- Chopped Pecans
- Whole Pecans
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Prepared Horseradish
- Whole Pineapple (for the leaves)
Can this Hawaiian cheese ball appetizer be made in advance?
That’s a big whopping YES!!
Because the flavor of this tropical appetizer improves with time, I recommend chilling it for at least 4 hours (overnight also works) in the refrigerator before serving.
Wrap it well with plastic wrap and allow the cheeseball to come to room temperature before serving.
Store the pineapple leaves in a bowl of water, cut side down, to keep the leaves fresh and green.
Right before serving, add the pineapple leaf “crown” which has been dried with paper towels.
How many people will this pineapple cheese ball serve?
But, I’ve also seen it devoured by a small handful of people in only a matter of minutes. It’s that good!
How this recipe came to be:
The count down is on.
In a mere few days, my husband and I will be hosting one of the biggest backyard parties we’ve ever thrown.
I’m nervous, excited, and exhausted!!
Who’s idea was this, anyway? LOL
Since we’re having the dinner portion of our Hawaiian luau catered (we’re doing a pig roast with all the sides, and fixins) I wanted to make all the appetizers and desserts myself.
Little by little, over the past week I’ve been baking and creating up a storm.
My freezer and fridge are piled full of cookies, brownies, dips, and, of course, this pineapple cheese ball.
I can’t take credit for coming up with the structural idea for this pineapple cheese ball.
I don’t recall where I actually saw it, but it was most likely Pinterest.
However, what I can take credit for is coming up with the actual recipe.
With my sister sitting at my kitchen table, she can account for how I started dumping ingredients into a bowl and mixed them up until it tasted just right.
We tested it. LOL
The easy instructions for making an aloha pineapple cheese ball:
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer, blend the softened cream cheese, bacon, chopped pecans, scallions, cheddar cheese, horseradish, and crushed pineapple until combined.
- Place the cream cheese mixture onto a serving platter and shape to form a pineapple.
- Press the whole pecans lightly to the outside of the cheese ball.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Top with the pineapple leaf “crown” before serving.
- Serve at room temperature for the best flavor.
- Grab the crackers, your favorite tropical drink, and dig in!! 🙂
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for today’s Aloha Pineapple Cheese ball.
- 2 - 8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 whole pineapple, twist off leaves and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1½ cups whole pecans
- Remove the leaves from the whole pineapple, cut in half. Place them in water, cut side down. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend together the remaining ingredients.
- Spray hands with cooking spray.
- Form the cream cheese mixture on a platter to form a pineapple shape.
- Press the whole pecans lightly onto the pineapple cheeseball to cover.
- Pat the one half of the pineapple leaves dry with paper towels and press into place on the "top" of the pineapple cheeseball.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours for the flavors to marry.
- Serve at room temperature with crackers or cut vegetables.
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 825Total Fat 68gSaturated Fat 12gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 30mgSodium 1028mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 12gSugar 14gProtein 28g
The nutritional information and calorie count provided is intended as a guideline only and has been provided by third-party software. Please be aware that it isn't always 100% accurate.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed Aloha Pineapple Cheese ball recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!