This festive and easy Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer recipe takes only minutes to make, but they look like you slaved for hours. Plus they’re cheap and cheerful which makes them perfect for this (or any) holiday gathering.
What makes these easy shrimp cocktail appetizer recipe so enticing (besides how festive they look) is that you can pop an entire appetizer into your mouth leaving no mess behind.
That said, what makes these shrimp cocktail appetizer bites so dangerous is that you can pop an entire appetizer into your mouth, followed by a second, and then a third…(I’m sure you get my gist). 😉
Please enjoy the video!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Festive Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites is available near the end of this post.
The simple ingredient list for making Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites;
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- Phyllo Cups (found in the dessert freezer section of the market)
- Precooked Shrimp
- Cream Cheese
- Lemon zest
- Cocktail Sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Medium Bowl
- Mixing Spoons
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Large Zip-top Bag
- Lemon Zester
- Baking Tray
- Serving Tray
Why this recipe works.
If you’ve never purchased the little phyllo cups in the market before, I strongly urge you to look for them.
They’re especially great during the holiday season when appetizers and party foods seem to be where everyone’s focus is when it comes to entertaining.
Or maybe that’s just me. I LOVE a good appetizer!!
Since the phyllo cups are already baked and flaky, all you need to do is fill them with whatever your heart desires.
Within minutes you’re ready to impress your guests without having spent very much time or effort!
How’s that for a great holiday gift?!!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
Another thing you’ll love about these easy Shrimp Cocktail Appetizers is that they’re relatively inexpensive to make.
Since there are 15 phyllo cups per box, you’ll only need (approximately) 5 medium to large shrimp (chopped), and approximately ½ cup of cocktail sauce.
Of course, if you’re making more than 15 you’ll need to increase the amount of shrimp and sauce accordingly.
Making your own homemade cocktail sauce is easy!
For the recipe I’m sharing today, I’ve made a homemade cocktail sauce.
However, please feel free to use your favorite variety of store-bought cocktail sauce if that is your preference.
Having said that, there are only three ingredients in my homemade cocktail sauce;
- Prepared Horseradish (add as much or as little as you like)
- Smoked Paprika
Save money and make your own at home. You’ll be glad you did!
The easy instructions:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the room temperature cream cheese, mayonnaise, black pepper, and Old Bay seafood seasonings.
- Add in the lemon zest and set aside.
- Remove the tails from the pre-cooked shrimp and chop.
- To make the cocktail sauce stir together the ketchup, horseradish and smoked paprika in a small bowl.
- Place the phyllo cups on a tray or platter.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to a sandwich-sized zip-top bag and work the mixture into the corner.
- Use scissors to snip off the top of the bag and pipe about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each phyllo cup.
- Add a dollop of the cocktail sauce on top of each of the cream cheese mixture, and top each with a small mound of the chopped shrimp.
- Garnish each with a bit of fresh parsley. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Relax and enjoy!
Want more party pleasing appetizers? Click on the following titles to be taken to the recipe for:
- PUMPKIN SAGE PINWHEEL APPETIZERS (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“With a savory filling of pumpkin, cream cheese, bacon, and sage, these pumpkin crescent pinwheel appetizers are always a hit when it’s time to party.“
- ARTICHOKE CHEESE WONTONS from The Fresh Cooky
- GOAT’S CHEESE CHRISTMAS WREATH WITH PISTACHIOS AND DRIED CHERRIES (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“This Goat Cheese Christmas Wreath with Dried Cherries and Pistachios is as festive looking as it is delicious.”
- CAVIAR AND SMOKED SALMON CREAM CHEESE DIP from Just a Little Bit of Bacon
- GRINCH GUACAMOLE (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“With a few simple ingredients and some easy instructions, you can warm the hearts of your family and friends with this gloriously easy to make realistic looking Grinch Guacamole.”
- ROSEMARY AND THYME SPICED NUTS from A Farm Girl’s Dabbles
- SHRIMP COCKTAIL APPETIZER BITES (pictured below) This is the place!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Festive Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites.
- 1 box phyllo cups 15 per box
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- pinch black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay seafood seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 4-5 large pre-cooked shrimp peeled, tails off, deveined, and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish or according to your taste
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, black pepper, Old Bay, and lemon zest.
Spoon the cream cheese mixture into a corner of a sandwich size zip top bag.
Use scissors to snip off a small corner of the plastic bag.
Pipe approximately ½ tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each phyllo cup.
To make the cocktail sauce;
Stir together all the cocktail sauce ingredient in a small bowl.
Top each cream cheese stuffed phyllo cup with a dollop of cocktail sauce and some of the cooked and chopped shrimp.
Sprinkle the chopped, fresh parsley over top and serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve chilled and enjoy!
Tools and equipment:
1 medium bowl, 1 small bowl, measuring spoons, measuring cups, chef’s knife, and cutting board, microplane grater, whisk or spoons, sandwich size zip-top bag, scissors
Whether you’re working on a blue screen, or in the kitchen, the following affiliate products are ones I can highly recommend;
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for easy Festive Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!