This festive and easy Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites recipe takes only minutes to make, but they look like you slaved for hours. Plus they’re cheap and cheerful which makes them perfect for this (or any) holiday gathering.
What makes these easy shrimp cocktail appetizer recipe so enticing (besides how festive they look) is that you can pop an entire appetizer into your mouth leaving no mess behind.
That said, what makes this shrimp cocktail appetizer so dangerous is that you can pop an entire appetizer into your mouth, followed by a second, and then a third…(I’m sure you get my gist). 😉
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making festive Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites is available near the end of this post. OR Click on the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the printable recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- Phyllo Cups (found in the dessert freezer section of the market)
- Precooked Shrimp
- Cream Cheese
- Lemon zest
- Cocktail Sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Medium Bowl
- Mixing Spoons
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Large Zip-top Bag
- Lemon Zester
- Baking Tray
- Serving Tray
For the true seafood gourmand, why not give the very best to the ones you love?
Why this shrimp cocktail appetizer bites recipe works:
If you’ve never purchased the little phyllo cups in the market before, I strongly urge you to look for them.
They’re especially great during the holiday season when appetizers and party foods seem to be where everyone’s focus is when it comes to entertaining.
Or maybe that’s just me. I LOVE a good appetizer!!
Since the phyllo cups are already baked and flaky, all you need to do is fill them with whatever your heart desires.
Within minutes you’re ready to impress your guests without having spent very much time or effort!
How’s that for a great holiday gift?!!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
Another thing you’ll love about these easy Shrimp Cocktail Appetizers is that they’re relatively inexpensive to make.
Since there are 15 phyllo cups per box, you’ll only need (approximately) 5 medium to large shrimp (chopped), and approximately ½ cup of cocktail sauce.
Of course, if you’re making more than 15 you’ll need to increase the amount of shrimp and sauce accordingly.
Making your own homemade cocktail sauce is easy!
For the recipe I’m sharing today, I’ve made a homemade cocktail sauce.
However, please feel free to use your favorite variety of store-bought cocktail sauce if that is your preference.
Having said that, there are only three ingredients in my homemade cocktail sauce;
- Prepared Horseradish (add as much or as little as you like)
- Smoked Paprika
Save money and make your own at home. You’ll be glad you did!
The easy instructions:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the room temperature cream cheese, mayonnaise, black pepper, and Old Bay seafood seasonings.
- Add in the lemon zest and set aside.
- Remove the tails from the pre-cooked shrimp and chop.
- To make the cocktail sauce stir together the ketchup, horseradish and smoked paprika in a small bowl.
- Place the phyllo cups on a tray or platter.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to a sandwich-sized zip-top bag and work the mixture into the corner.
- Use scissors to snip off the top of the bag and pipe about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each phyllo cup.
- Add a dollop of the cocktail sauce on top of each of the cream cheese mixture, and top each with a small mound of the chopped shrimp.
- Garnish each with a bit of fresh parsley. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Relax and enjoy!
Additional appetizer recipes:
- PUMPKIN SAGE PINWHEEL APPETIZERS (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“With a savory filling of pumpkin, cream cheese, bacon, and sage, these pumpkin crescent pinwheel appetizers are always a hit when it’s time to party.“
- ARTICHOKE CHEESE WONTONS from The Fresh Cooky
- GOAT’S CHEESE CHRISTMAS WREATH WITH PISTACHIOS AND DRIED CHERRIES (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“This Goat Cheese Christmas Wreath with Dried Cherries and Pistachios is as festive looking as it is delicious.”
- CAVIAR AND SMOKED SALMON CREAM CHEESE DIP from Just a Little Bit of Bacon
- GRINCH GUACAMOLE (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
“With a few simple ingredients and some easy instructions, you can warm the hearts of your family and friends with this gloriously easy to make realistic looking Grinch Guacamole.”
- ROSEMARY AND THYME SPICED NUTS from A Farm Girl’s Dabbles
- SHRIMP COCKTAIL APPETIZER BITES (pictured below) This is the place!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s super fast and easy seafood appetizer.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites
- 1 box phyllo cups 15 per box
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- pinch black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay seafood seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 4-5 large pre-cooked shrimp peeled, tails off, deveined, and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
For the homemade cocktail sauce;
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish or according to your taste
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, black pepper, Old Bay, and lemon zest.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into a corner of a sandwich size zip top bag.
- Use scissors to snip off a small corner of the plastic bag.
- Pipe approximately ½ tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each phyllo cup.
- To make the cocktail sauce;
- Stir together all the cocktail sauce ingredient in a small bowl.
- Top each cream cheese stuffed phyllo cup with a dollop of cocktail sauce and some of the cooked and chopped shrimp.
- Sprinkle the chopped, fresh parsley over top and serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for easy Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!