These festive Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites take only minutes to make, but they look like you slaved for hours. Plus they cheap and cheerful which makes them perfect for this, or any, holiday gathering.
What makes Festive Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites so nice is that you can pop an entire one into your mouth leaving no mess behind. What makes Festive Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites so dangerous is that you can pop an entire one into your mouth, followed by the second, and then the third… (I’m sure you get my gist). LOL
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Festive Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites is available near the end of this post.
The simple ingredient list for making Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites;
- phyllo cups (found in the dessert freezer section of the market)
- precooked shrimp
- cream cheese
- lemon zest
- cocktail sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Old Bay seafood seasoning
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
If you’ve never purchased the little phyllo cups in the market before, I strongly urge you to look for them. They’re especially great during the holiday season when appetizers and party foods seem to be where everyone’s focus is when it comes to entertaining.
Since the phyllo cups are already baked and flaky, all you need to do is fill them with whatever your heart desires, and within minutes you’re ready to impress your guests without having spent very much time or effort!
Another thing you’ll love about these Festive Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites is they’re relatively inexpensive to make. Since there are 15 phyllo cups per box, you’ll only need (approximately) 5 medium to large shrimp (chopped), and approximately ½ cup of cocktail sauce. Of course, if you’re making more than 15 you’ll need to increase the amount of shrimp and sauce accordingly.
Making your own homemade cocktail sauce is easy!
For the recipe I’m sharing today, I’ve made a homemade cocktail sauce. However, please feel free to use your favorite variety of store-bought cocktail sauce if that is your preference. Having said that, there are only three ingredients in my homemade cocktail sauce; ketchup, horseradish (add as much or as little as you like), and smoked paprika. Save money and make your own at home. You’ll be glad you did!
The party starts in less than half an hour. If you’re ready, let’s begin making Festive Shrimp Cocktail Bites. The guests will be here soon!
- In a medium bowl, stir together the room temperature cream cheese, mayonnaise, black pepper, and Old Bay seafood seasonings.
- Add in the lemon zest and set aside.
- Remove the tails from the pre-cooked shrimp and chop.
- To make the cocktail sauce stir together the ketchup, horseradish and smoked paprika in a small bowl.
- Place the phyllo cups on a tray or platter.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to a sandwich sized zip-top bag and work the mixture into the corner.
- Use scissors to snip off the top of the bag and pipe about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each phyllo cup.
- Add a dollop of the cocktail sauce on top of each of the cream cheese mixture, and top each with a small mound of the chopped shrimp.
- Garnish each with a bit of fresh parsley. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Relax and enjoy!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Festive Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites. If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- 1 box phyllo cups 15 per box
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- pinch black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay seafood seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 4-5 large pre-cooked shrimp peeled, tails off, deveined, and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish or according to your taste
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, black pepper, Old Bay, and lemon zest.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into a corner of a sandwich size zip top bag.
- Use scissors to snip off a small corner of the plastic bag.
- Pipe approximately ½ tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each phyllo cup.
- To make the cocktail sauce;
- Stir together all the cocktail sauce ingredient in a small bowl.
- Top each cream cheese stuffed phyllo cup with a dollop of cocktail sauce and some of the cooked and chopped shrimp.
- Sprinkle the chopped, fresh parsley over top and serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Tools and equipment:
1 medium bowl, 1 small bowl, measuring spoons, measuring cups, chef's knife, and cutting board, microplane grater, whisk or spoons, sandwich size zip-top bag, scissors
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for Festive Shrimp Cocktail Bites as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.
Looking for more party pleasing appetizers for this holiday season or even for the BIG GAME? Look no further. I’ve got you covered with these suggestions. Please click on the titles to be taken directly to these recipes for:
- CRESCENT WRAPPED BRATWURST BITES
- PUMPKIN SAGE PINWHEEL APPETIZERS
- CRESCENT HAM & HAVARTI APPETIZERS
- CREAM CHEESE SALAMI SPREAD WITH DILL PICKLES
- GOAT’S CHEESE CHRISTMAS WREATH WITH PISTACHIOS AND DRIED CHERRIES
- CORN AND BLACK BEAN DIP
Should you have any questions about this recipe, or anything else you see on my site please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my great pleasure to get you an answer just as quickly as possible.
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, or my handpainted glassware and/or fabric items, please visit and follow me on:
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!