This healthier Lite Pink Lemonade with Strawberry Simple Syrup is deliciously tart and tangy and at all not sickeningly sweet. It's also good for your hair, skin, and nails...Find out why!
- The ingredient list:
- Kitchen tools and quipment needed:
- How this recipe came to be:
- Want to learn more about the health benefits of drinking lemon water?
- Why is this pink lemonade recipe low calorie?
- How is this homemade lemonade recipe good for helping with hair, skin, and nails?
- Have you heard of the benefits of collaged peptide powder?
- Can granutlated sugar be used in place of the monk fruit for the simple syrup?
- Can the collagen powder be left out of this recipe?
- The step-by-step photos for making low-calorie strawberry simple syrup:
- How long will lite strawberry simple syrup keep in the refrigerator?
- The step-by-step photo instructions for making lite pink lemonade with strawberry simple syrup:
- Additional recipes using strawberries and/or lemons:
- Printable Recipe Card
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- fresh lemons
- fresh strawberries
- monk fruit sweetener (or granulated sugar may be used, if desired)
- collagen powder (optional)
Kitchen tools and quipment needed:
- small saucepan
- measuring cups
- paring knife
- cutting board
- wooden spoons
- large glass measuring cup
- mason jar or other container with lid
- lemon juicer
- lemonade pitcher
- lemonade glasses
- straws (optional)
How this recipe came to be:
I'm trying hard to cut out as much unnecessary sugar from my diet as possible. Maybe you are too, and that's how you found this recipe.
I've also been drinking lemon water every morning for the past year or so because of the multitude of health benefits lemon water provides.
Drinking lemon water is something I do before I get in my daily cup of coffee, and I find I crave it almost more than I do the coffee.
Want to learn more about the health benefits of drinking lemon water?
Why is this pink lemonade recipe low calorie?
Ssssh. Come closer...
The secret is in the strawberry simple syrup!
Instead of using granulated sugar, I used all-natural, zero-calorie, monk fruit which actually tastes much sweeter than sugar.
Then, to the saucepan after the simple syrup came to a low simmer, I added some diced strawberries to infuse the syrup with yummy strawberry flavor and to achieve that lovely pink color.
The results are unusually delicious, and I think it's the perfect way to flavor this lite pink lemonade, or in any other recipe where simple syrup is called for, but without adding in all those granulated sugar laden calories.
How is this homemade lemonade recipe good for helping with hair, skin, and nails?
Besides the lemon, and the monk fruit sweetener, I've also added some 100% all-natural, unflavored, collagen peptide powder to this recipe.
Have you heard of the benefits of collaged peptide powder?
There are many benefits to implimenting collagen supliments into a daily routine, so I like to mix the unflavored (and easily dissolvable powder) in with my morning lemon water, and my morning coffee.
For more information regarding collagen suppliments, feel free to check out this article at Everyday Health.
However, I strongly recommend to always check with your doctor before adding any suppliments into your daily routine.
Can granutlated sugar be used in place of the monk fruit for the simple syrup?
Not everyone wants (or needs) a low-sugar pink lemonade experience.
However, should you decide to use granulated sugar in this recipe (1:1 ratio), please note that the calorie count listed in the recipe card will no longer be accurate at a low 50 calories per serving.
Can the collagen powder be left out of this recipe?
It's only an option for you to consider, and since it's flavorless anyway, there will definitely be no change to the flavor of this cold summertime beverage should you choose to leave it out.
The step-by-step photos for making low-calorie strawberry simple syrup:
Yield: 2 cups
- Measure one cup of monkfruit sweetener (or use granulated sugar, if prefered).
- Bring the sweetener and 1 cup water to a low simmer in a small saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Meanwhile, hull and quarter enough strawberries to measure 1½ cups.
- Once the sweetener is dissolved, add the strawberries to the saucepan and continue to simmer over medium/low heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and strain the liquid through a sieve, discarding the spent berries.
- Cool the simple syrup completely and then add it to a mason jar (or container with a lid) and refrigerate until ready to use.
How long will lite strawberry simple syrup keep in the refrigerator?
You can store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
The step-by-step photo instructions for making lite pink lemonade with strawberry simple syrup:
Yield: approximately 7 cups
- Squeeze enough fresh lemons to make approximately 2½ cups of juice. This will take about 12-14 lemons.
- Add the fresh squeezed juice, along with 2 cups of the prepared strawberry simple syrup to a large pitcher.
- Add in 2 cups of filtered water, and ¼ cup of the unflavored collagen powder (if desired).
- Stir well and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Taste and adjust with additional lemon juice or water, as desired.
- Add lemon slices and sliced strawberries to the pitcher before serving.
- Serve cold in lemonade glasses with ice cubes and a straw.
Additional recipes using strawberries and/or lemons:
*Sautéed Creamed Spinach with Strawberries (shown below and featured in the video)
Once you taste this Healthy Sautéed Creamed Spinach & Strawberry side dish you’ll be smitten with its delicious flavor and colorful appearance!
*Lemon Rocotta Cake with Blueberries (not shown)
Lemon Ricotta Cake with Blueberries is an easy cake to make. It has a creamy texture, a light lemony flavor, and it takes advantage of springtime’s bounty of beautiful blueberries.
*Lemon Meringue Tartlets (shown below)
These charming Lemon Meringue Tartlets are the perfect treat when you want a little something sweet and a little something to make you pucker.
*Strawberry Sriracha BBQ Sauce (not shown)
Strawberry Sriracha BBQ Sauce is fruity with a touch of heat. It’s perfect for pork, chicken, and even fish.
*Lite Pink Lemonade with Strawberry Simple Syrup (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Become a member of the Misfits Market family and save up to 40% off organic produce and sustainably sourced groceries, delivered straight to your door.
⭐If you've made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave it a star rating on the recipe card, along with a comment of why you rated as you did.
Google loves ratings and will show my recipes to more people if they have them. Thank you. 🙂
Printable Recipe Card
Lite Pink Lemonade with Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 2½ cups fresh lemon juice approximately 12-14 lemons
- 2 cups strawberry simple syrup recipe included in the notes
- 2 cups filtered water
- ¼ cup collagen powder optional
- Add the fresh-squeezed lemon juice to a large pitcher along with 2 cups of the strawberry simple syrup.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add 2 cups of filtered water and the collagen powder.
- Stir well to dissolve the collagen powder.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best.
- Before serving, add fresh strawberries and lemon slices to the pitcher and stir.
- Add ice to lemonade glasses and pour the chilled pink lemonade over the ice in each glass.
- Garnish each with a lemon slice, strawberry, and a straw.
- Serve immediately.
Follow me across my social media platforms and join in on the conversation: FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TIKTOK, AND YOUTUBE.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!
What a great idea to use monk fruit in this lemonade recipe! We loved it. Is there any better combo than strawberries and lemonade!?! The obvi answer is definitely no! haha! Thanks for the great recipe!
Glad you enjoyed this Hanna!!
Take good care,
Love this refreshing drink for summer and the addition of healthful collagen is a great idea!
Glad you think so too (about the collagen), Gina!