Strawberry Sriracha BBQ Sauce is fruity with a touch of heat. It’s perfect for pork, chicken, and even fish.
Welcome to day two of berry week here in my Kudos Kitchen. The recipe for my Strawberry BBQ Sauce that I’m sharing with you today is one that was born out of necessity.
The problem of having too many strawberries in the fridge and not knowing when they’d all get eaten without them spoiling led me to this tasty brainstorm.Jump to Recipe
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Strawberry Sriracha BBQ Sauce is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button above to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list;
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
Kitchen tools and equipment needed;
- heavy bottom saucepan
- wooden spoon or spatula
- paring knife
- cutting board
- potato masher
- measuring cups and spoons
Why this strawberry bbq sauce recipe works;
- It’s easy to make.
- It’s delicious.
- It’s zippy and sweet.
- It works on many different proteins.
- It stores well.
- People love it!
How long will the strawberry bbq sauce last in the fridge?
As long as you keep it in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, it should keep for up to 7-10 days.
Strawberry Sriracha BBQ Sauce recipe information;
This is an updated post. The original date I shared this recipe was in July of 2016.
To be honest, this recipe has been on my mind ever since I first made this sauce because it is amazing! This time when I made it I added it to chicken and, let me tell you, it lives up to everything I said about it in the first place…and then some!
The day I made this sauce my mom was over for a visit. When I told her I was planning on making Strawberry BBQ sauce, I think she thought I was crazy.
I thought I might be crazy too, but sometimes you just have to follow your gut and take a leap of faith.
When I made this sauce, I had pork ribs on my mind. However, I’m sure this would taste equally good on grilled chicken, and even fish.
Don’t be afraid to experiment.
The easy instructions for making Strawberry Sriracha BBQ sauce;
- Hull and chop 2 quarts of strawberries.
- Place them in a saucepan with a little water.
- Simmer on medium/low until the strawberries are soft and mushy.
- Stir in the brown sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- Simmer for an additional 15 minutes for the sauce to thicken and reduce.
- Remove from heat and mash the berries lightly to still leave a bit of consistency.
- Stir in the sriracha and cool slightly before adding it to a glass jar or bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
For great grilling recipes check out the 50 Great Grilling Recipes from Mom Does Reviews.
Need delicious BBQ side dishes to complete the meal? I’ve got you covered!
*Best Ever BBQ Side Dish Roundup (pictured below) from all your favorite food bloggers.
“With the help of this BBQ Side Dishes recipe roundup, your BBQ menu will keep your family and friends very full, and extremely happy!”
Whether you’re working all day on a blue screen device, or in the kitchen, the following affiliate products are ones I can highly recommend to save your eyesight and your sanity.
Below is a photo of my blue blocker computer glasses in action! I swear by them! I work at the computer for what feels like all-day, every-day, and these glasses have relieved a great deal of eye-stress and migraine problems for me.
A neurologist was the one who recommended I get myself some, and it was the best thing he could have told me to do, so now I pass that information on to you!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s homemade bbq sauce.
Fresh and Zippy Strawberry Sriracha BBQ Sauce
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries washed, hulled and cut into halves and quarters
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce more if you like it really hot
- Place the cut strawberries into a medium saucepan.
- Add water, vinegar, brown sugar and salt.
- Simmer over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sriracha sauce to the cooked down strawberries and mash to your desired consistency.
- Cool the sauce and place in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Use the sauce on beef, pork and even seafood.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 10 days.
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for strawberry bbq sauce as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!