Warm-up with a big bowl of healthy Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder with Bacon. It’s comfort food that will hug you from the inside out, and I don’t know anyone that doesn’t need a warm hug from time to time.
This recipe is also a great way to sneak extra veggies into your kids without them knowing.
The creaminess doesn’t come from cream at all, it comes from cooked and pureed cauliflower.
They’ll never even suspect you pulled one over on them. Score one for mom (or dad)!
After all, it’s done in the name of love, and that can never be wrong!
I think cauliflower is one of the most amazing vegetables. It’s so versatile and lends itself to being morphed, and disguised, in all sorts of recipes.
The flavor of cauliflower is mild, and yet when it’s oven-roasted it has a nutty flavor and firm texture that I just love.
When it’s boiled or microwaved, the texture becomes soft and the flavor is delicate and butter-like which is why I’ve used it in recipes such as Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Mashers, Low-Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole, and Roasted Vegetable Soup.
What cooked cauliflower can also do is thicken a cream soup without the use of actual cream and all those pesky calories.
This recipe also takes advantage of leftover or store-bought rotisserie chicken making this an easy-to-throw-together dinner for those busy weeknights when the family is hungry, and everyone is moving in different directions.
This Healthy and Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder will bring everyone around the dinner table in a matter of minutes and will please even the pickiest of eaters.
Tip: If you’re only cooking for two, or for a small family, this chowder freezes beautifully well.
After you’ve cooked (and cooled) it, portion it out into freezer-safe containers. Trust me when I tell you that you’ll be enjoying the fresh, healthy taste you loved the night you made it, but weeks and weeks later!
This soup can also be cooked in a slow cooker if needed.
You’ll need to prepare the pureed cauliflower in advance of adding the ingredients to the cooker.
After that, it’s just a matter of adding the remaining ingredients (minus the parsley) and cook on low for 8 hours.
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s healthier creamy, cream-less, chicken corn chowder with bacon.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
HEALTHY CREAMY CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON
- 5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion medium diced (I used red onion)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups cauliflower florets microwaved 4-5 minutes on high
- 1 quart (4 cups) chicken broth I use low-sodium, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 cups cooked and cubed chicken leftover or rotisserie
- chopped parsley to garnish optional
- -In a blender or food processor (or use an immersion blender), puree the cooked cauliflower with 2 cups of chicken broth until smooth. Set aside.
- -In a large stockpot over medium heat, sweat the onion in canola oil until semi-translucent (about 3-4 minutes). Add the garlic, frozen corn, salt, pepper, pureed cauliflower, bacon, and the remaining 2 cups of chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- -Stir in the cooked chicken, butter, vinegar, and coriander.
- -Simmer for 10 minutes to marry the flavors.
- -Ladle into bowls and finish with chopped fresh parsley to garnish.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed this corn chowder with bacon recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!