When you’re looking for something to satisfy your craving for mashed potatoes but don’t want all those pesky carbs and calories, make these Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mashers. They’re fantastic!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mashers is available at the end of this post.
The super simple ingredient list is as follows:
- Fresh Cauliflower, cut into florets
- Sweet Potatoes
- Chicken Broth or Stock
- Salt and Pepper
Why this recipe works:
My husband feels the same way about mashed potatoes as I do. He loves them.
The night I first made these cauliflower and sweet potato mashers, he couldn’t say enough good things about them. When I asked him if he could or would eat these over regular mashed potatoes his resounding “YES” nearly knocked me off my chair!
With only four simple ingredients, these are a healthy and gluten-free way to eat your veggies and hide them from the kiddos all at the same time.
Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Mashers make you feel like your indulging in something sinful, but you’re not. Unless of course, you eat the entire bowl…not that I’d know anything about that! *wink*
Can these cauliflower sweet potato mashers be made with something other than chicken stock?
- If you’d like to turn this into a completely vegetarian side dish, feel free to use vegetable stock in place of the chicken stock.
- Or, why not go completely off the rails (in a good way of course), and add coconut milk and turn them into a tropical delight?!!
- Boy, that sounds good, and now I’m excited to make these again for our next backyard BBQ or luau gathering!!
Can this side dish be made and frozen?
Yes! Just remember to stir it well several times as it reheats as mashed cauliflower does tend to be on the watery side.
Remember earlier when I was talking about all those other mashed potato dishes I’d made? Here are the links to a few of those recipes I know you’ll also enjoy…
- CELERY ROOT MASHED POTATOES – pictured below
- MASHED SWEET POTATO DONUTS – pictured below
- PUMPKIN MASHED POTATOES – pictured below
- HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS – pictured below (made with mashed potatoes)
The super easy instructions for making cauliflower sweet potato mashers:
- Place the cauliflower and sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted water.
- Boil until both the potatoes and cauliflower are fork tender.
- Add the butter, black pepper, and chicken broth.
- Mash with a potato masher.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mashers
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- ½ cup chicken broth vegetable broth may be substituted
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
Place the cauliflower and sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Boil until both the potatoes and cauliflower are fork tender. Drain.
Add the butter, black pepper, and chicken broth. Mash with a potato masher.
Serve hot and enjoy!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mashers as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!