Avocado toast gets an upgrade with the addition of bacon, egg, and hot sauce for an extra kick of flavor. Avocado Toast with Bacon and Egg is the perfect sandwich for any time of day!
I dare say this is THE BEST avocado toast sandwich I have ever had, and once you try it for yourself, I’m certain you’ll agree.
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making The Best Avocado Toast with Bacon and Egg is available near the end of this post. OR click on the “jump to recipe” tab above to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
The basic concept:
For every two sandwiches, you’ll need one ciabatta roll, one avocado, two slices of cooked bacon, two eggs (prepared your favorite way), and as many dashes of hot sauce you like.
Of course, if you’re not a fan of hot sauce feel free to leave that out of the equation.
When is the best time to serve an avocado toast sandwich?
Whenever you’re hungry! LOL
You can serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
And guess what else? This simple avocado toast sandwich can even pull double duty that goes from a weekday breakfast, lunch, or dinner sandwich to something special and celebratory!
Why not make one (or two) to enjoy as you celebrate Cinco de Mayo this year? Maybe pair it with a nice margarita if you’re so inclined.
And don’t forget mom. She’ll love it if you serve her this healthy and tasty bacon and egg avocado toast breakfast sandwich in bed for Mother’s Day! Pamper her. Mom will love you for it!
Why this breakfast sandwich works:
You’re going to love all the flavors and textures this incredible avocado breakfast toast sandwich has to offer.
- It has the undeniable crunch of the toasted ciabatta.
- The cool creaminess of the mashed avocado.
- A salty meaty bite of the cooked bacon.
- The silky buttery richness of the over-easy fried egg on top
- And last but certainly not least, the spicy hit of hot sauce that lingers on your tongue to keep you coming back for more.
What are the health benefits of avocados?
- Avocados are packed full of vitamins and minerals.
- Every avocado has 26% of the daily value of vitamin K, 20% folate, 17% vitamin C, 14% potassium, 14% vitamin B5, 13% B6, and 10% vitamin E.
- Avocados also contain small amounts of magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous, vitamins A, riboflavin, thiamine, and niacin.
- They are a high-fat food, but they’re filled with a monosaturated fat that is actually heart-healthy.
- Avocados are also loaded with soluble fiber which is known for feeding friendly bacteria to the gut and intestines helping them run at optimal performance.
How to make avocado toast with bacon and egg;
- Use a serrated knife to slice the ciabatta roll in half.
- In a dry skillet, toast the ciabatta cut side down until it’s browned and toasty.
- I also like to cook my bacon in the oven. To do so, line a baking sheet with a rack and lay as many pieces of bacon as you like (making sure they don’t overlap) on the rack.
- Bake the bacon in a preheated 425-degree oven until the bacon is cooked to your desired preference.
- I make sure I have all the elements of this sandwich made, and in place, so when it’s time to assemble the easy breakfast sandwich it goes together quickly.
And, what goes better with a delicious avocado toast breakfast sandwich than an amazing Bacon Bloody Mary (pictured below).
Talk about and necessary indulgence, and a great way to start any special day! You deserve it!!
Want even more avocado toast recipes?
- Avocado Toast 5 Ways from What’s Gaby Cooking
- Vegan Avocado Toast from Minimalist Baker
- Shaved Egg Avocado Toast from How Sweet Eats
- 4-Leaf Avocado Breakfast Toast with Green Pepper (shown below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s easy and delicious breakfast sandwich.
- 1 ciabatta roll sliced in half and toasted in a dry skillet
- 1 avocado pitted and mashed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bacon cooked
- hot sauce optional
- 2 eggs cooked to your preference
Top the toasted ciabatta with the mashed avocado.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add hot sauce (optional)
Top the mashed avocado with cooked bacon slices.
Top each toast with an egg cooked to your desired doneness.
It’s helpful to precook the bacon, mash the avocado, and toast the bread before assembling the sandwich.
Whether you’re working all day on a blue screen device, or in the kitchen, the following affiliate products are ones I can highly recommend to save your eyesight and your sanity.
Below is a photo of my blue blocker computer glasses in action! I swear by them! I work at the computer for what feels like all-day, every-day, and these glasses have relieved a great deal of eye-stress and migraine problems for me.
A neurologist was the one who recommended I get myself some, and it was the best thing he could have told me to do, so now I pass that information on to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s easy avocado toast sandwich as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND NOURISHING DISHES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!