Whether you're a gluten eater or a gluten freer-er, you're going to be AMAZED and EXCITED about the flavor and texture of this delicious Gluten-Free Tropical Banana Bread with almond flour and macadamia nuts.
I also double-dog dare you to take the Gluten-Free Tropical Banana Bread challenge. If, after your first bite, you're not convinced that this is the best banana bread you've ever eaten, you can bring it to my house, and I'll take it off your hands and eat it all for you! LOL
This delicious Banana Bread is dense, moist, and loaded with amazing tropical ingredients. Slice yourself a piece for an unbelievable breakfast treat, or maybe have a slice along with a spot of tea in the afternoon.
Or, if you're like me, sneak down in the middle of the night and have a bite or two (maybe more) of this amazing quick bread because it's something you've been dreaming about ever since you've smelled it baking in the oven!
Come on...you know you want to!!
- almond flour
- ground ginger
- baking soda
- maple syrup
- Greek yogurt
- ripe mashed bananas
- candied pineapple
- coconut chips
- coconut (or vanilla) extract
- macadamia nuts
Then, with basically a large bowl and a few of the above ingredients you've already chopped and prepped, you can have this Gluten-Free Tropical Banana Bread on your table (or at your next tea party), in less than 2 hours' time...including the 30 minutes of cooling time. 😉
The step-by-step photo instructions:
In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cornstarch, ground ginger, salt, and baking soda.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, eggs, and the extract.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients in the large bowl, until just combined.
Roughly chop the candied pineapple and macadamia nuts into smaller pieces, and break the coconut chips into chunks.
Gently stir the chopped fruit and nuts thoroughly into the batter. Spread the batter evenly into a prepared loaf pan that has been sprayed with coconut oil or baking spray.
Sprinkle the top of the batter with additional coconut chips and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 1½ hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
I mean...get a load of this COLOR!! It's GORGEOUS!
If you're interested in making this tropical quick bread, but don't particularly like all the add-in ingredients I've used, or perhaps you can't find them all in your market, such as the candied pineapple, coconut chips, or macadamia nuts, please feel free to omit them entirely from the recipe.
OR if you'd like to swap out pecans (or another favorite nut of your choosing) for the macadamia nuts, or if you wanted to use flaked sweetened coconut in place of the coconut chips, I certainly won't tell. These are the ingredients I chose to mix in, but your Tropical Banana Bread can be tailored to your personal taste.
The only thing I caution you to leave "as written" for best results is the base ingredients that make up the actual batter of this gluten-free quick bread.
Additional quick bread recipes:
- Italian Herb Parmesan Quick Bread
- Chocolate Cranberry Quick Bread
- Cheesy Jalapeno Quick Bread
- Lemon Raspberry Quick Bread with Cardamom
Below is the printable recipe card for today's Gluten-Free Tropical Quick Bread.
⭐If you've made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave it a star rating on the recipe card, along with a comment if you're so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Gluten Free Tropical Banana Bread
- 2½ cups blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract OR coconut extract
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple chopped
- ½ cup crushed coconut chips reserve 2 tablespoons for topping
- ¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cornstarch, ground ginger, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl. Add the eggs, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, extract. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the chopped pineapple, coconut, and macadamia nuts (minus the reserved 2 tablespoons) until just combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into a loaf pan that has been sprayed with baking spray or coconut spray.
- Top the loaf with the reserved coconut chips. Bake the loaf in the preheated oven for approximately 90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf on a wire rack for at least 60 minutes and then carefully turn it out of the pan to continue cooling.
I hope you've enjoyed today's gluten-free quick bread recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.