With no yeast involved, this Cheesy Jalapeno Quick Bread comes together in a snap and packs a punch of undeniable Southwestern flavor.
There's no need to be a master bread baker when it comes to making this delicious Cheesy Jalapeno Quick Bread. Since the rising agent in this bread is baking powder only, it's ready in a fraction of the time of a typical yeast bread.
While the crumb of this bread is moist and dense (thanks to all that wonderful Monterey Jack cheese), the crust is light and crispy.
To me, it's the best of both worlds, and one of the easiest bread I've ever made. I just know you're going to love it, and since it can be on the dinner table in about an hours time, it works well for weeknights and weekends when you want to impress, but you don't have the luxury (or desire) to spend several hours on preparation.
Whisk all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne, and black pepper in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine milk, melted butter, egg, and Greek yogurt. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Add the fire roasted jalapenos, stir, and add the shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. That's it 🙂
Printable Recipe Card
Cheesy Jalapeno Quick Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch black pepper
- 1¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 can 4 oz fire roasted chiles
- 5 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- wooden spoon
- cooking spray
- loaf pan
- box grater
- cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the milk, melted butter, egg, and Greek yogurt.
- Add the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in the fire roasted chiles and the shredded cheese to thoroughly combine.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes (or until the bread is golden brown).
- Remove the loaf pan from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn the bread out onto a cooling rack and continue cooling until ready to serve.
This bread won rave reviews from my family the night I served it. Even though it doesn't need butter, a light spreading of sweet cream butter really added an exclamation point to this wonderful Cheesy Jalapeno Quick Bread! After all, everything's better with butter 🙂
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!