Can you feel it? Spring is in the air! Well, maybe not really…yet (at least here in the Midwest where I live)…but it IS coming, and we are all so, so ready!
But until the days warm up, and all the crazy snow melts, this Super Easy Strawberry Bread with Rhubarb and Bananas (which I made for the #TwelveLoaves March challenge of strawberries) will put a springtime smile on your face and is sure to brighten your mood with just one bite!
Now, pair those luscious berries with some lovely, tart rhubarb and a slight hint of banana (because who doesn’t love banana bread?) and you’ve got yourself an incredibly moist and fresh tasting strawberry quick bread with a flavor that’s completely perfect for spring, and utterly out of this world! Are you ready for Super Easy Strawberry Bread with Rhubarb and Bananas?
The ingredient list for making Super Easy Strawberry Bread with Rhubarb & Banana is as follows:
- fresh strawberries
- fresh rhubarb
- over-ripe bananas
- all-purpose flour
- light colored oil (a canola or grapeseed)
- baking powder
- pure vanilla extract
- brown sugar
- quick cooking oats
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Super Easy Strawberry Bread with Rhubarb & Banana is available near the end of this post.
Making Strawberry Banana Bread with Rhubarb & Banana couldn’t be easier, either. Here’s how;
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, and quick cooking oats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, oil, vanilla, and mashed banana.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the chopped fresh strawberries and rhubarb to the batter and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 9×5 loaf pan that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for Super Easy Strawberry Bread with Rhubarb and Bananas and will decide to make a loaf for yourself. Especially now that strawberries and rhubarb are in season. I just know you’re going to love it as much as we did!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Super Easy Strawberry Bread with Rhubarb and Bananas. If you enjoy this recipe and are anxious to give it a try, I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give this recipe some feedback by way of stars. Thank you so very much! 🙂
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1¼ cups packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil, or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced rhubarb, stalk only
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, oats and brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, buttermilk, vanilla, bananas and melted butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, until just incorporated.
Gently fold the strawberries and rhubarb into the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into a prepared 9×5 loaf pan that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 90 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
- Cool on a wire rack for approximately 20 minutes and then turn the loaf out of the pan to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Tools and equipment:
Large bowl, medium bowl, whisk, wooden spoon, 9x5 loaf pan, baking spray, cutting board, paring knife, fork for mashing the banana, spatula, measuring cups, measuring spoons
And now, are you interested in seeing a whole bunch of other strawberry inspired bread recipes from the other #TwelveLoaves bakers? Of course, you are!
Just click on the titles below, and before long you’ll be headed to the market to pick up a few pints of strawberries (and hopefully a little rhubarb, too).
- Strawberry Almond Quick Bread by Renee from Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Bread with Rhubarb and Bananas by Renee from Kudos Kitchen
- Brioche Loaves with Fresh Strawberry Jam by Alice from Hip Foodie Mom
- Strawberry Buttermilk Scones by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Balsamic Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls by Felice from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Framboise Muffins with Strawberry Jam by Rossella from Ma che ti sei mangiato
- Strawberry Dessert Rolls by Dionne from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Strawberry Hazelnut Buttermilk Quick Bread by Heather from girlichef
- Strawberry Swirl Sweet Rolls by Donna from Cookistry
- Strawberry Bread by Holly from A Baker’s House
- Strawberry Cheesecake Sweet Bread by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins by Deepti from Baking Yummies
- Strawberry Danish by Karen from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Strawberry Bagels by Lora from Cake Duchess
- Strawberry Pound Cake by Kathya from Basic N Delicious
If you’re a lover of bread (quick or yeast) and would like to join in the baking fun of the #TwelveLoaves
monthly challenges, it’s easy to do.
Every month we have a new ingredient theme to work with. You then have that entire month to bake your themed bread and post it on your blog along with linking it to the host of the month’s original post. This month our host is Alice of Hip Foodie Mom. Thanks, Alice! I love your selection of strawberries for the March recipe!
And now to coordinate this recipe for Super Easy Strawberry Bread with Rhubarb and Bananas with one of my hand painted glassware items…I chose this design because of the colors, not because I feel particularly like a #HOTMESS…Well, not today anyway! 🙂
Should you have any questions or comments regarding today’s recipe for Super Easy Strawberry Bread with Rhubarb & Bananas, or anything else you see on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!