When strawberries and rhubarb are in season this Strawberry Rhubarb Bread with bananas should be one of the first things you add to your baking list.
Can you feel it? Spring is in the air! Well, maybe not really…yet (at least here in the Midwest where I live)…but it IS coming, and we are all so, so ready!
But until the days warm up, and all the crazy snow melts, this strawberry quick bread recipe will put a springtime smile on your face and is sure to brighten your mood with just one bite!
*Disclaimer – This recipe was originally published in 2014. I’m working hard to update all my older recipes with recipe cards and additional recipe information, but getting to all of them will take time. Please bear with me. In the meantime let me assure you that this recipe is still a winner and one I’m sure you’ll be well pleased with when you make it at home.
Now, pair those luscious berries with some lovely, tart rhubarb and a slight hint of banana (because who doesn’t love banana bread?) and you’ve got yourself an incredibly moist and fresh tasting strawberry quick bread with a flavor that’s completely perfect for spring, and utterly out of this world!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Super Easy Strawberry Bread with Rhubarb & Banana is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list:
- fresh strawberries
- fresh rhubarb
- over-ripe bananas
- all-purpose flour
- light colored oil (a canola or grapeseed)
- baking soda
- pure vanilla extract
- brown sugar
- quick cooking oats
How to make strawberry rhubarb bread:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, and quick cooking oats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, oil, vanilla, and mashed banana.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the chopped fresh strawberries and rhubarb to the batter and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 9×5 loaf pan that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for banana bread with strawberries and rhubarb, and will decide to make a loaf for yourself.
Especially now that strawberries and rhubarb are in season. I just know you’re going to love it as much as we did!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for today’s flavorful quick bread recipe.
If you enjoy this recipe and are anxious to give it a try, I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give this recipe some feedback by way of stars. Thank you so very much! 🙂
Strawberry Rhubarb Bread with Bananas
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1¼ cups packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil, or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced rhubarb, stalk only
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, oats and brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, buttermilk, vanilla, bananas and melted butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, until just incorporated.
- Gently fold the strawberries and rhubarb into the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into a prepared 9×5 loaf pan that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 90 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
- Cool on a wire rack for approximately 20 minutes and then turn the loaf out of the pan to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding today’s recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Bread with Bananas, or anything else you see on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – Bringing you easy, economical, and delicious dishes to feed the people you love!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!