Farmer’s Market Vegetable Salad is a seasonally delicious and healthy salad which is a great accompaniment to any meal, or as an entire meal in and of itself!
Whether you grow your own vegetables at home, visit a local farmer’s market for seasonal produce, or shop at your neighborhood grocery store, you simply must add this Farmer’s Market Fresh Vegetable Salad to your menu while Mother Nature’s bounty of summertime goodness is at its peak of flavor!
Click here to like and subscribe to my Kudos Kitchen cooking channel on YouTube! Thanks!! 🙂
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Farmer’s Market Veggie Salad is available at the end of this post.Jump to Recipe
The ingredient list for making Farmer’s Market Veggie Salad;
- Fresh Green Beans
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Sweet Corn
- Red Onion
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Goat Cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
Mother Nature’s best and brightest shine in this crisp and crunchy Farmer’s Market Vegetable Salad.
This salad is then topped with a lightly sweet homemade vinaigrette and creamy goat cheese to round out all the flavors.
To blanch or not to blanch. That is the question!
Typically when you assemble this type of fresh vegetable salad you blanch the fresh green beans and corn to soften them slightly making them not so raw tasting, and little easier to chew.
However, I chose to lightly microwave the green beans and corn to soften them slightly and to take some of the complete rawness out of them.
This technique worked wonderfully well and was a nice time saver as well as making clean-up just a little bit easier.
How to easily remove corn kernels from ears of sweet corn;
To remove the corn kernels from the cobs I ran a sharp knife down each cob of corn, extracting only the kernels.
- A good trick for doing this is to place a small inverted bowl inside a larger bowl and then vertically stand the corn cob on the small bowl.
- Slice the kernels off the cob in downward strokes with a sharp knife. The kernels will fall directly into the larger bowl (most of them, anyway), keeping them from flying all around the kitchen and making a huge mess.
How to trim fresh green beans;
- To trim the green beans, I used a paring knife to remove the two ends and then cut each bean into 1½ – 2-inch pieces.
- I then placed both the corn kernels and the cut green beans in a microwave-safe bowl with a tablespoon or two of water, and microwaved them on high power for 3-4 minutes to slightly soften them, but not cook them completely through.
- Depending on the power of your microwave, the time frame you’ll need to partially cook your vegetables will most likely differ. Please adjust your cooking time according to your desired doneness.
How to make a homemade vinaigrette for this salad:
The ingredients for the quick and easy homemade vinaigrette to top the Farmer’s Market Vegetable Salad are probably things you already have on hand in your pantry and fridge.
They are balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Shake up all the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and pour it over the assembled salad and stir well to combine.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Right before serving, top the salad with some crumbled goat cheese and some additional chopped cilantro if desired.
Want more fresh and healthy vegetable dishes?
Great! I’ve got several other suggestions that I think you’ll enjoy. By clicking on the recipe titles below, you’ll be taken directly to these delicious dishes that are Mother Nature approved.
*Cucumber with Dill Pickle Dip (pictured below)
*Roasted Golden Beet & Broccoli Salad (pictured below)
*Farmer’s Market Veggie Salad (this post, pictured below)
Below is the printable recipe card and instructions for making for today’s healthy Farmer’s Market Veggie Salad.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post.
Farmer's Market Vveggie Salad is a seasonally delicious and healthy salad which is a great accompaniment any meal, or as an entire meal in and of itself!
- FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- 3 ears of fresh corn husks and silks removed and discarded, kernels removed and saved (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 pound of fresh green beans trimmed, and cut into 1½ – 2 inch pieces (approximately 3 cups)
- 3 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 small red onion chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 medium jalapeno seeded and finely chopped (approximately 1½ tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch salt pinch pepper
TO ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
Place the cut green beans and the corn kernels in a large microwave safe bowl along with 2 tablespoons water.
Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove. Stir.
Return the corn and green beans to the microwave and microwave for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
Add the grape tomato halves, red onion, zucchini and chopped jalapeno to the corn and beans.
Stir in the salt, pepper and chopped cilantro.
TO MAKE THE DRESSING:
Place all of the ingredients into a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well to combine.
Pour half of the vinaigrette over the fresh vegetables and stir well to combine.
Cover the salad and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Before serving add more salt and pepper (if needed) and more of the vinaigrette (if desired), and stir.
Before serving, garnish top the salad with crumbled goat cheese and chopped cilantro if desired.
Tools and equipment:
cutting board, chefs knife, paring knife, large microwave-safe bowl, small and medium bowl (for removing the corn kernels), mason jar or jar with tight fitting lid, plastic wrap
I’m happy to be linking up this recipe with Meal Plan Monday!
One of the things I love the most about the produce department or farmer’s market in the summertime is the bright and vivid colors that excite my senses and sets my imagination on fire.
That’s the reason I’m coordinating this recipe for Farmer’s Market Vegetable Salad with my retro set of four hand-painted Beatles wine glasses. They’re fun and colorful and would be an unexpected way to surprise your guests this summer when you’re dining alfresco!
Thank you so much for visiting me here in my Kudos Kitchen!!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Farmer’s Market Veggie Salad as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, please follow me on my social media:
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!