This flavor-packed Cucumber Dill Dip will keep you coming back for more. Its big bold flavor pairs well with chips, crackers, vegetables, and your favorite beverage!
This delicious and easy to make Greek yogurt-based dip goes together in minutes and will keep the crowd happily snacking until the bowl is empty.
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- dill pickles
- Greek yogurt
- prepared horseradish
- red onion
- Dijon mustard
- garlic powder
- fresh dill (dried dill weed will also work)
- salt and pepper
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- chef's knife
- cutting board
- measuring cups and spoons
- box grater
- mixing bowls
- paper towels or clean kitchen towel
- wooden spoon or spatula
Tip for the best thick and creamy cucumber dill dip:
Since cucumbers are largely made up of water the key to keeping this dip thick and creamy (and not watery), is to squeeze as much water as possible from the cucumber once it's shredded.
Directions for how to do this can be found in the photo tutorial instructions below.
You'll be amazed how much water is released from the cucumber that would have made your dip thin and runny!
Don't waste that cucumber water!!
And, instead of washing all the delicious cucumber water down the drain, why not make a glass of Cucumber Lime Fitness Water by adding the cucumber juice to a glass of ice water, along with a sprig of fresh dill?
Ahhh. Talk about refreshing!
Other uses for cucumber dill dip:
- baked potato topping
- sandwich spread
- tartar sauce for seafood
- sauce for making potato salad
The easy instructions:
- Slice a large cucumber in half and scoop out the seeds (or use and English cucumber and skip this step).
- Shred the cucumber on a box grater.
- Place the shredded cucumber on a clean dish towel or several layers of paper towel.
- Gently but firmly squeeze as much water from the cucumber as possible (reserving the juice to make spa water), and place the drained cucumber into a large bowl along with some grated red onion.
- Chop dill pickles into ¼" pieces.
- Add the pickles into the bowl along with chopped fresh dill weed, and grated horseradish.
- Add Dijon mustard, black pepper, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and garlic powder to the bowl.
- Stir to mix well and chill at least 2 hours to marry all the flavors.
- Serve with assorted crackers, chips, vegetables, or use as a sandwich spread.
Want more dill pickle recipes?
*Cream Cheese Salami and Dill Pickle Dip (pictured below)
Crave-Worthy Cream Cheese Salami Pickle Dip is a quick and easy update of the salami and pickle pinwheel appetizers of the past, but this updated version is faster, easier, and has a bigger kick of flavor.
*Dill Pickle Pork Chops with Bacon (pictured below)
These fork-tender Dill Pickle Pork Chops with Bacon & Onion are infused with flavor from the pickle juice brine, the browned bacon, and sauteed onions. This fast and easy low-carb recipe will soon become a family favorite!
When you make this recipe (and I hope that you will), I'd appreciate it if you'd take the time to come back and give it a star rating along with a comment on why you rated as you did. Google appreciates ratings on recipes and, in turn, will show my recipes to more people. Thank you!!
Printable Recipe Card
Cucumber Dill Dip
- 1¼ cups (approximately 2 small cucumbers) shredded cucumbers seeds removed (if needed) and squeezed dry.
- 2 tablespoons grated red onion
- ¼ cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Chill at least 2 hours and serve with assorted crackers, chips or vegetables.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you will come back and visit me often. Please know that there is always room for you around my kitchen table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen on my site, please don't hesitate to reach out to contact me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with you just as soon as I possibly can!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!