Save this Boozy Irish Coffee Ice Cream for after the kiddos have gone to bed, and then you can savor the flavor of being a grownup!
If you enjoy ice cream but don’t feel as though you can make it at home because you don’t own an ice cream maker, then this is your lucky day!
With only six ingredients (two of them being alcohol, so this boozy espresso mint ice cream is for the 21 and older crowd only), I guarantee that this homemade no-churn ice cream is one you’ll make time and time again!!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Boozy Irish Coffee No-Churn Ice Cream is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list;
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Espresso Powder
- Irish Whiskey (I use Jameson)
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Creme de Menthe
- Mint Sandwich Cookies (optional)
- Green Sugar (optional)
Is making no-churn ice cream easy?
- You guys, it is seriously like the easiest thing in the world!
- All you need is a hand mixer or stand mixer, a few large bowls, and a desire to make ice cream.
- No rock salt is needed.
- No ice cream maker required.
- And, no worries to get in your way. It works each and every time!
THIS is some seriously great tasting Irish coffee ice cream! If you think it will be too boozy in flavor, let me assure you that the flavor is mild and mellow. It will in no way overwhelm you with a snoot full of whiskey and mint!
Make it for St. Patrick’s Day, and then make it again for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Memorial Day, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday…you get the idea! But please remember to always eat your boozy ice cream responsibly!
What is the secret to whipping heavy cream to make no-churn ice cream?
- Make sure the bowl and beaters are impeccably clean.
- Chill the bowl and beaters for at least 20 minutes before whipping cream.
- Do not whip the cream for too long or it will turn into butter and not whipped cream.
- Keep a close eye on it and once stiff peaks form, you’re ready to fold in the sweetened condensed milk and the remaining ingredients.
Can heavy cream be whipped by hand?
- Yes, but it will take a lot of endurance and arm strength.
- As in using a hand mixer or stand mixer, make sure the bowl and the whisk are both clean and cold to start, and then whisk like crazy until you’ve achieved stiff peaks…and large biceps!
- The good news is, if you’ve whipped the cream by hand, you can now eat twice as much ice cream because you’ve had your workout for the day! Kidding. Not kidding. 😉
Is adding alcohol to no-churn ice cream important, and can this ingredient be skipped?
- Since alcohol doesn’t freeze, adding just the lightest touch to an ice cream base will keep the consistency smoother and creamier than a no-churn ice cream without alcohol.
- Adding alcohol will keep the ice crystals from forming and make the ice cream easier to scoop.
- Naturally, if you’re making ice cream for the kids, by all means, leave it out!
For additional no-churn ice cream recipes, please click on the following titles for;
- Ballymaloe No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream from The View From Great Island
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- No-Churn Mermaid Ice Cream from Home. Made. Interest.
**The following affiliate links are some suggested products I’ve chosen that will aid you in the making and serving of this recipe for Boozy Irish Coffee No-Churn Ice Cream if desired. Plus, I’ve added some additional items that are meant to give you a giggle because it’s fun to shop! 😉
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s No-Churn Irish Coffee Ice Cream.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Menthe
Freeze the bowl and whisk (or beaters) for 20 minutes prior to making the ice cream.
Whip the heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. This will take approximately 3-4 minutes.
Fold the sweetened milk, espresso powder, Irish whiskey, vanilla extract, and Creme de Menthe into the whipped cream.
Whip the ice cream mixture for an additional 1 minute, and then spoon into a 9 x 5 loaf pan, or into a freezable container.
Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Before serving, allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for 5-7 minutes before scooping.
For the 21 and older crowd, only!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Jameson Irish coffee no-churn ice cream for St. Patrick’s Day as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. When I find a great product or service, I like to share it with my readers. Sometimes I use affiliate links so I can earn a commission for my recommendations. As always, I thank you for your support!