When you want to make something familiar…but with a twist, then this Blueberry Pretzel Dessert with Bananas is just the ticket!
I was looking to update a classic when I developed this recipe for Blueberry Banana Pretzel Dessert.
This easy to make fruit, cream cheese, and pretzel bar treat is my riff on the strawberry pretzel dessert that everyone loves. But, this one has a cool new look, and glorious blue color. It looks like a summer day at the beach!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Blueberry Pretzel Dessert with Bananas is available at the end of this post. OR click on the “jump to recipe” text (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list for making blueberry pretzel dessert:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- Pretzels, crushed
- Granulated Sugar
- Butter, melted
- Cream Cheese softened
- Vanilla Extract
- Cool Whip
- Blue Gelatin
- Fresh Blueberries
- Lemon Zest
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- food processor (optional)
- gallon zip-top bag (for crushing pretzels)
- rolling pin (for crushing pretzels)
- large bowls
- small bowls
- microwave-safe bowls
- hand mixer (or stand mixer)
- measuring cups and spoons
- baking spray
- paring knife
- cutting board
Can this gelatin dessert be frozen?
But it will keep in the refrigerator for up to 7 days if covered well.
How long can this blueberry pretzel dessert sit outside during the summer?
This can sit out for approximately 60 minutes depending on how hot it is outside. After that amount of time, it’s wise to refrigerate it again so it firms up.
If the temperatures exceed 90-degrees, don’t let it sit out for longer than 30 minutes without refrigerating.
Do I have to add bananas to this gelatin dessert?
By all means, leave them out if you’re not a fan. OR double them if you go ape for bananas. Your dessert. Your call.
What is the best way to make pretzel crumbs for the crust?
- You can pulse the pretzels in a food processor.
- You can smash them in a zip-top bag.
- You can roll over them with your car.
- Just seeing if you’re paying attention. LOL
Want more Kudos Kitchen summertime dessert recipes?
- Strawberry Siren Shake from A Blender Mom
- Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches from Family Around the Table
- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White & Blue Funfetti Ice Cream from Books n’ Cooks
- No-Bake Mermaid Cake from Nik Snacks
- Mermaid Ice Cream Cone Cakes from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Buttercream Cake with Blueberry Lemonade Ganache from 4 Sons R Us
- Blackberry Lemon Yogurt Cake from Sweet Beginnings
- Frozen Chocolate Chip Dessert from Who Needs A Cape?
- Sprinkle Filled Birthday Cookie Dough Dip from Cooking With Carlee
- Candy Dipped Fruit Cones from Blogghetti
- Mermaid Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Jen Around the World
- Amaretto Cheesecake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from The Beard and The Baker
- Key Lime Pie Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Bar Cheesecake from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Banana Pretzel Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- New York Style Cheesecake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Cheesecake with Key Lime Stars and Orange Cream Mermaids from Our Good Life
- Indian Rice Pudding from Palatable Pastime
- Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Doughmesstic
- Chocolate Swirl Meringues from My Sweet Zepol
- Sweet Corn Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peach Pie Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Spritzer from My Baking Heart
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for today’s gelatin dessert with fresh blueberries and bananas.
Blueberry Banana Pretzel Dessert
- FOR THE GELATIN:
- 1 box 6 ounces blue gelatin, made according to package directions. Chill.
- FOR THE PRETZEL CRUST:
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter melted
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 12 ounces 1 and 1/2 blocks cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- ADDITIONAL GELATIN ADD-INS
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 bananas sliced
PREPARE THE GELATIN AND CHILL FOR 30 MINUTES.
TO MAKE THE PRETZEL CRUST:
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pretzel crumbs, melted butter and sugar.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
TO MAKE THE CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- In a large bowl, blend together the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, milk, vanilla, lemon zest and whipped topping.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled pretzel crust.
TO COMPLETE THE GELATIN LAYER:
- Stir the blueberries and sliced bananas into the set gelatin and spoon the mixture evenly over the cream cheese layer in the 9 x 13 dish.
- Return the dessert back to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve chilled.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for today’s easy blueberry dessert bars as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!