When you want to make something familiar…but with a twist, then this Blueberry Banana Pretzel Dessert is just the ticket!
I was looking to update a classic when I developed this recipe for Blueberry Banana Pretzel Dessert.
This easy to make fruit, cream cheese, and pretzel bar treat is my riff on the strawberry pretzel dessert that everyone loves. But, this one has a cool new look, and glorious blue color. It looks like a summer day at the beach!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Blueberry Banana Pretzel Dessert is available at the end of this post.
The ingredient list for making blueberry banana pretzel dessert;
**Note – The following list of ingredients contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience.
- Pretzels, crushed
- Granulated Sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- Butter, melted
- Cream Cheese softened
- Vanilla Extract (I used Adams Extract)
- Cool Whip
- Blue Gelatin
- Fresh Blueberries
- Lemon Zest
Can this dessert be frozen?
No! But it will keep in the refrigerator for up to 7 days if covered well.
How long can this blueberry banana pretzel dessert sit outside during the summer?
This can sit out for approximately 60 minutes depending on how hot it is outside. After that amount of time, it’s wise to refrigerate it again so it firms up.
If the temperatures exceed 90-degrees, don’t let it sit out for longer than 30 minutes without refrigerating.
Do I have to add bananas to this dessert?
No! By all means, leave them out if you’re not a fan. OR double them if you go ape for bananas. Your dessert. Your call.
What is the best way to make pretzel crumbs for the crust?
- You can pulse the pretzels in a food processor.
- You can smash them in a zip-top bag.
- You can roll over them with your car.
- Just seeing if you’re paying attention. LOL
More summertime desserts are being served…
Creamy No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream #SummerDessertWeek
Creamy No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream is a favorite for people who love bananas, and the crunch of toasted walnuts.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Filled Eclairs #SummerDessertWeek
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Filled Eclairs may look intimidating to make, but trust me, they’re not! As long as you follow a few simple steps, you’ll be noshing on one (maybe two) of these beauties in no time for #SummerDessertWeek
German Bee Sting Cake (Bienenstitch)
German Bee Sting Cake is a yeasted cake with a beautiful texture, fantastic honey flavor (hence the name), a beautifully caramelized almond topping, not to mention a thick, creamy vanilla filling. It’s honestly the best cake I think I’ve ever made, and it’s a recipe I’m super excited to share it with you!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Blueberry Banana Pretzel Dessert.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- FOR THE GELATIN:
- 1 box (6 ounces) blue gelatin, made according to package directions. Chill.
- FOR THE PRETZEL CRUST:
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 12 ounces (1 and 1/2 blocks) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- ADDITIONAL GELATIN ADD-INS
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 bananas, sliced
PREPARE THE GELATIN AND CHILL FOR 30 MINUTES.
TO MAKE THE PRETZEL CRUST:
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pretzel crumbs, melted butter and sugar.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
TO MAKE THE CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- In a large bowl, blend together the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, milk, vanilla, lemon zest and whipped topping.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled pretzel crust.
TO COMPLETE THE GELATIN LAYER:
- Stir the blueberries and sliced bananas into the set gelatin and spoon the mixture evenly over the cream cheese layer in the 9 x 13 dish.
- Return the dessert back to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve chilled.
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 363 Total Fat 23g Saturated Fat 14g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 58mg Sodium 414mg Carbohydrates 31g Fiber 2g Sugar 18g Protein 11g
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Blueberry Banana Pretzel Dessert as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today! Ice Cream Recipes:
- Strawberry Siren Shake from A Blender Mom
- Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches from Family Around the Table
- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White & Blue Funfetti Ice Cream from Books n’ Cooks
- No-Bake Mermaid Cake from Nik Snacks
- Mermaid Ice Cream Cone Cakes from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Buttercream Cake with Blueberry Lemonade Ganache from 4 Sons R Us
- Blackberry Lemon Yogurt Cake from Sweet Beginnings
- Frozen Chocolate Chip Dessert from Who Needs A Cape?
- Sprinkle Filled Birthday Cookie Dough Dip from Cooking With Carlee
- Candy Dipped Fruit Cones from Blogghetti
- Mermaid Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Jen Around the World
- Amaretto Cheesecake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from The Beard and The Baker
- Key Lime Pie Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Bar Cheesecake from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Banana Pretzel Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- New York Style Cheesecake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Cheesecake with Key Lime Stars and Orange Cream Mermaids from Our Good Life
- Indian Rice Pudding from Palatable Pastime
- Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Doughmesstic
- Chocolate Swirl Meringues from My Sweet Zepol
- Sweet Corn Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peach Pie Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Spritzer from My Baking Heart
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!