Want something cold and creamy? Something that’s healthy and yet slightly decadent, too? These White Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas are just the thing you’re craving!
I hadn’t had a frozen chocolate-covered banana in ages. And then, on a recent trip to Disneyland, I had one and it magically transported me directly back to my childhood.
Of course, being at Disneyland may have been the actual reason for my feelings of being transported back to my younger self, and not the frozen banana itself. Walt and Mickey have a way of doing that, you know!
*Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Patriotic White Chocolate Frozen Bananas is available near the end of this post. OR click on the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- ripe bananas
- white chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- red, white & blue sprinkles (or your favorite colors)
- popsicle sticks or sucker sticks
- cellophane bags
Tips for making chocolate-covered frozen bananas:
- Use ripe, but not overly ripe bananas
- If the bananas are large, cut then in half, lengthwise
- Insert the sticks into the bananas before they are frozen
- Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes before covering with chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, work quickly to dip the bananas into the chocolate and immediately sprinkle with garnishes. If you wait too long the chocolate will harden and the sprinkles won’t stick.
- Return the chocolate-covered bananas to the freezer until ready to serve.
- Allow them to sit for 5 minutes at room temperature before serving.
A treat that’s perfect for summer!
That day, sitting on the bench savoring my frozen banana in the Magical Kingdom, I’d made a mental note to myself to make frozen, chocolate-covered bananas when we returned home and I’m so glad I did!
How long will these keep in the freezer?
Without chocolate, don’t leave them in the freezer for longer than 48 hours.
With chocolate, these will say good in the freezer (if wrapped well in cellophane bags) for up to 7 days.
Want more fun and/or frozen dessert treats for summer?
Well then, how about these Patriotic Cream Cheese Cookies? (pictured below)
“Patriotic Cream Cheese Cookies are light, tender, and delicious. With only a handful of ingredients, you can adapt these cookies to fit any number of holidays!”
Or what about these Frozen Chocolate Dipped Pineapple Pops? (pictured below)
These Frozen Pineapple Pops are the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day! Make some today and stick them in the freezer to have on hand all throughout the summer!
Popular Red, White, and Blue Recipe Roundup (pictured below)
When you’re feeling patriotic and you want your table to reflect your spirit, this Red White & Blue Recipe Roundup will come in handy.
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for making today’s red, white, and blue, sprinkled white chocolate frozen bananas.
- 4 ripe bananas, , peeled and cut in half
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 sucker sticks or Popsicle sticks
- red, white, blue sprinkles,, or your favorite color
- Melt the chocolate along with the coconut oil in the microwave on 50% power, stirring occasionally until its completely smooth.
- Use a spatula to transfer the melted chocolate to a tall drinking glass.
- Insert the sucker sticks halfway into the bananas.
- Dip the bananas into the glass with the chocolate and remove.
- *Note - If the bananas want to slide off the stick, use a fork to gently lift the banana out of the chocolate while allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the glass.
- Place the chocolate banana on a sheet tray that has been lined with parchment paper and sprinkle the wet chocolate with red, white and blue sprinkles, or other various toppings of your choosing.
- Repeat until you've covered all the bananas. Freeze until firm and serve.
Tools and equipment;
Sucker sticks or popsicle sticks, baking sheet, parchment paper or wax paper, tall drinking glass, medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, fork, spatula, wooden spoon
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 244Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 8mgSodium 38mgCarbohydrates 25gSugar 25gProtein 2g
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for sprinkled white chocolate frozen bananas as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!