I found this recipe on Feed Me Seymour and adapted it ever so slightly to fit all the summer holidays we’re going to be celebrating here in the United States. My adaptations were some red, white, and blue sprinkles, a pinch of salt and some vanilla extract. I’ve decided to call them Patriotic Cream Cheese Cookies, and they’re incredible!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Patriotic Cream Cheese Cookies is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list for making Patriotic Cream Cheese Cookies;
- Softened Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Granulated Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- All-Purpose Flour
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Sprinkles (your choice of color
Light and tender, these Patriotic Cream Cheese Cookies have a lovely cream cheese taste along with the mildest tang of sour which compliments the richness of the cheese and butter ever so nicely.
As soon as you take these out of the oven your family will be waiting to gobble them up, so be prepared to slap some hands away if you’re saving them for a special occasion.
Another thing I love about this cookie (besides the taste) is that you can change up the color of the sprinkles to fit the occasion. Orange and black for Halloween, red and green for Christmas, multicolor for Easter. So fun, so easy, so yummy!
Making Patriotic Cream Cheese Cookies is easy;
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla, and granulated sugar.
- Slowly incorporate the flour, salt, and sprinkles of your choice.
- Form the dough into two logs (approximately 2″ in circumference), and roll the logs in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Unwrap the logs and slice into ½” slices.
- Place the slices on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through the baking process.
- Cool completely.
For additional sweet desserts that call for cream cheese, please click on the following titles for;
- Lemon Drop Cheesecake
- Puff Pastry Apple Squares
- Cream Cheese Cookies with Creamy Cheesecake Topping
- Christmas Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Healthier Blueberry Peach Pancakes. If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give this recipe some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post, OR in the recipe card feature itself. 🙂
- 1½ sticks butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sprinkles, your choice of colors
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
In a large bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer, blend the butter, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, flour, salt, and vanilla to form a stiff dough.
Add the sprinkles and blend until well distributed throughout the dough.
Add the graham cracker crumbs into an oblong, shallow dish.
Form the dough into two long logs approximately 2" in circumference.
Roll each log into the graham cracker crumbs to coat and wrap each log with plastic wrap.
Place the logs into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350-degrees.
Unwrap the logs and slice into 1/4" slices.
Place the slices onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, rotating halfway through the baking process.
Cool completely and serve.
The dough can be made in advance and kept well wrapped in the freezer for 2 months before slicing and baking.
Tools and equipment;
large bowl, hand mixer or stand mixer, plastic wrap, shallow dish or plate, measuring cups, measuring spoons, baking sheets, parchment paper (optional), serrated knife for slicing cookies.
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for Patriotic Cream Cheese Cookies as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
If you’re a dunker, these cookies would be excellent dipped in a nice cold glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee in your own personalized stand mixer mug? 🙂
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe for Patriotic Cream Cheese Cookies, or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!