Easy Cream Cheese Cookies are light, tender, and delicious. With only a handful of ingredients, you can also easily adapt these cookies to fit any number of holidays!
These are tender cookies are just the thing to end a meal, or to snack on when you get a craving for a little something sweet.
Cream cheese cookies are also super simple to make so even the most novice of bakers will be successful with baking up a batch of these delicious cookies.
This recipe post was last updated in July of 2020. The original post was from May of 2014.
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Cream Cheese Cookies with patriotic sprinkles is available near the end of this post. OR click on the “Jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- softened butter (I always use salted, but unsalted will work)
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- lemon juice
- all-purpose flour
- pure vanilla extract
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Sprinkles (your choice of color)
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large mixing bowl
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- measuring cups and spoons
- plastic wrap
- large oblong dish or plate
- chef’s knife
- baking sheets
- parchment paper
- cooling rack
Why this recipe works:
Light and tender, these Cream Cheese Cookies have a lovely cream cheese taste along with the mild tang which compliments the richness of the cheese and butter ever so nicely.
As soon as you take these out of the oven your family will be waiting to gobble them up, so be prepared to slap some hands away if you’re saving them for a special occasion.
Another thing I love about this cookie (besides the taste) is that you can change up the color of the sprinkles to fit the occasion.
Orange and black for Halloween. Red and green for Christmas. Multicolor for Easter.
So fun, so easy, so yummy!
Can this cookie dough be frozen?
Make it and wrap it tightly into a log with plastic.
You’re now ready to keep it in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Can these cookies be frozen after baking?
I’d be surprised if you had any cookies left after everyone smells these cookies baking to freeze, but if you do, store them well in an air-tight freezer container for up to 4 months.
The easy instructions:
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla, and granulated sugar.
- Slowly incorporate the flour, salt, and sprinkles of your choice.
- Form the dough into two logs (approximately 2″ in circumference), and roll the logs in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Unwrap the logs and slice into ½” slices.
- Place the slices on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through the baking process.
- Cool completely.
Additional cream cheese desserts:
- Lemon Drop Cheesecake (pictured below)
Your family and friends will drop their jaws to the floor when you bring this Lemon Drop Cheesecake to the table!
- Cream Cheese Cookies with Creamy Cheesecake Topping (pictured below)
What makes these Cream Cheese Cookies doubly delicious is the creamy cheesecake dollop on top! When you can’t decide between cookies or cheesecake, this is the treat for you!
- Cream Cheese Cookies with Patriotic Sprinkles (pictured below) THIS IS THE PLACE
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s easy cream cheese dessert recipe.
Cream Cheese Cookies with Patriotic SprinklesRenee - Kudos Kitchen
- 1½ sticks butter , softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 ounces cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sprinkles , your choice of colors
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer, blend the butter, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, flour, salt, and vanilla to form a stiff dough.
- Add the sprinkles and blend until well distributed throughout the dough.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs into an oblong, shallow dish.
- Form the dough into two long logs approximately 2" in circumference.
- Roll each log into the graham cracker crumbs to coat and wrap each log with plastic wrap.
- Place the logs into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Unwrap the logs and slice into 1/4" slices.
- Place the slices onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, rotating halfway through the baking process.
- Cool completely and serve.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed this easy recipe for cream cheese cookies as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!