Easy Cream Cheese Cookies are light, tender, and delicious. With only a handful of ingredients, you can also easily adapt these cookies to fit any number of holidays!
These tender cookies are just the thing to end a meal or to snack on when you get a craving for a little something sweet.
Cream cheese cookies are also super simple to make so even the most novice of bakers will be successful with baking up a batch of these delicious cookies.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Cream Cheese Cookies with patriotic sprinkles is available near the end of this post. OR click on the "Jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
- softened butter (I always use salted, but unsalted will work)
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- lemon juice
- all-purpose flour
- pure vanilla extract
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Sprinkles (your choice of color)
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large mixing bowl
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- measuring cups and spoons
- plastic wrap
- large oblong dish or plate
- chef's knife
- baking sheets
- parchment paper
- cooling rack
Why this recipe works:
Light and tender, these Cream Cheese Cookies have a lovely cream cheese taste along with the mild tang which compliments the richness of the cheese and butter ever so nicely.
As soon as you take these out of the oven your family will be waiting to gobble them up, so be prepared to slap some hands away if you're saving them for a special occasion.
Another thing I love about this cookie (besides the taste) is that you can change up the color of the sprinkles to fit the occasion.
Orange and black for Halloween. Red and green for Christmas. Multicolor for Easter.
So fun, so easy, so yummy!
Can this cookie dough be frozen?
Make it and wrap it tightly into a log with plastic.
You're now ready to keep it in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Can these cookies be frozen after baking?
I'd be surprised if you had any cookies left after everyone smells these cookies baking to freeze, but if you do, store them well in an air-tight freezer container for up to 4 months.
The easy instructions:
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla, and granulated sugar.
- Slowly incorporate the flour, salt, and sprinkles of your choice.
- Form the dough into two logs (approximately 2" in circumference), and roll the logs in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Unwrap the logs and slice them into ½" slices.
- Place the slices on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through the baking process.
- Cool completely.
Additional cream cheese desserts:
- Lemon Drop Cheesecake (pictured below)
Your family and friends will drop their jaws to the floor when you bring this Lemon Drop Cheesecake to the table!
- Puff Pastry Apple Squares (not pictured)
When it's time for dessert, and you want to impress but not spend hours in the kitchen preparing, then these rustic Apple Puff Pastry Squares are just what the dessert doctor ordered.
- Cream Cheese Cookies with Creamy Cheesecake Topping (pictured below)
What makes these Cream Cheese Cookies doubly delicious is the creamy cheesecake dollop on top! When you can’t decide between cookies or cheesecake, this is the treat for you!
- Cream Cheese Cookies with Patriotic Sprinkles (pictured below) THIS IS THE PLACE
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's easy cream cheese dessert recipe.
When you make this recipe (and I hope that you will), I'd appreciate it if you'd take the time to come back and give it a star rating along with a comment on why you rated as you did. Google appreciates ratings on recipes and, in turn, will show my recipes to more people. Thank you!!
Printable Recipe Card
Cream Cheese Cookies with Patriotic Sprinkles
- 1½ sticks butter , softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 5 ounces cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sprinkles , your choice of colors
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer, blend the butter, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, flour, salt, and vanilla to form a stiff dough.
- Add the sprinkles and blend until well distributed throughout the dough.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs into an oblong, shallow dish.
- Form the dough into two long logs approximately 2" in circumference.
- Roll each log into the graham cracker crumbs to coat and wrap each log with plastic wrap.
- Place the logs into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Unwrap the logs and slice into ¼" slices.
- Place the slices onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, rotating halfway through the baking process.
- Cool completely and serve.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed this easy recipe for cream cheese cookies as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you will come back and visit me often. Please know that there is always room for you around my kitchen table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen on my site, please don't hesitate to reach out to contact me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with you just as soon as I possibly can!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!