You can make this fast and easy recipe for Whiskey Glazed Roasted Shrimp in a matter of minutes. It's delicious and can be served as an appetizer or even an elegant main course.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Whiskey Glazed Shrimp is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp (thawed, from frozen, work fine)
- homemade whiskey glaze or your favorite glaze or sauce
- salt and pepper
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- lime wedges
- rice for serving if using as a main course
Kitchen tools and equipment:
- baking sheet
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing bowls
- paring knife
- chef's knife
- cutting board
- citrus juicer
- pastry brush
How this recipe came to be:
I was smitten with an Irish Whiskey Glaze we'd had while out at a local pub so I wanted to recreate my own version at home.
Once I came up with my own recipe for Irish Whiskey Glaze, I knew in an instant that it would be delicious on shrimp and fish.
And, since I already had shrimp in the freezer, it wasn't long before I was roasting, basting, and happily eating! 🙂
How long will this recipe take from start to finish?
If your shrimp are already peeled and deveined, and you have the whiskey glaze made and stored in the fridge, this recipe will take approximately 20 minutes from start to finish.
Can other glazes be used to make this shrimp?
Sure. If you're not a fan of whiskey, by all means, use whatever you like.
The method of roasting the shrimp will be the same, whatever you choose to brush them with is totally up to you!
Appetizer or entree? The choice is yours...
I'd proudly put these whiskey glazed roasted shrimp out on the buffet table with some cocktail toothpicks and a bowl of extra glaze for dipping.
They can be served hot, or lightly chilled so they're perfect for entertaining.
That said, they're also excellent for the main course served with some rice and maybe a side salad for a quick and easy meal that's elegant but not time-consuming or stuffy. (shown below)
The easy step-by-step photo instructions:
- Prepare shrimp by rinsing, peeling, and deveining (if needed). Drain and dry.
- Add the shrimp to a large bowl and toss with 1 cup of the Irish whiskey glaze.
- Season with salt and pepper and spread the shrimp evenly on a baking tray.
- Roast the shrimp in a preheated 425-degree Fahrenheit oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the oven and liberally brush additional whiskey glaze over the shrimp and return to the oven for 15 minutes or until the shrimp are opaque and pink in color.
- Serve as an appetizer or main course with chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime, and additional glaze for dipping (if desired).
What size shrimp were used for this recipe?
I used a 31-40 count (per pound) raw, (frozen then thawed) shrimp.
Will different size shrimp make for different cooking times?
Should you decide to use a different size shrimp, please be aware that the cooking times will be different that what is listed in the written recipe.
A small shrimp will take less cooking time, and, naturally, larger shrimp will take a longer time.
Once cooked, you're looking for a pink color that is opaque, and no longer grayish and transparent.
How to quickly thaw previously frozen shrimp:
I like to add my frozen shrimp to a colander and then run cold water over the shrimp until they're competely thawed. This only takes a matter of minutes.
However, you can also thaw frozen shrimp in the refrigerator over night. Just make sure to add them to a bowl incase the package leaks.
Always keep uncooked shrimp chilled until ready to cook, and never leave them out at room temperature for longer than 30 minutes before cooking.
Additional shrimp recipes you'll also enjoy:
*Sheet Pan Lemon Ginger Shrimp (shown below and featured in the video)
When dinner needs to be quick and delicious with a minimum amount of clean-up, this Sheet Pan Lemon Ginger Shrimp with Veggies & Potatoes comes to the rescue, and will please the entire family in less than 30 minutes!
*Orzo and Shrimp Stuffed Avocados (not shown)
Orzo and Shrimp Stuffed Avocados is an elegant dish that can be served for a light lunch or dinner option.
*Easy Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites (shown below)
This festive and easy Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites recipe takes only minutes to make, but they look like you slaved for hours. Plus they’re cheap and cheerful which makes them perfect for any gathering.
*Pumpkin Corn Chowder with Shrimp (not shown)
Creamy Pumpkin Corn Chowder with Shrimp is an easy and seasonal way to upgrade a family favorite. Get ready for rave reviews when you set this thirty-minute meal on the table!
*Whiskey Glazed Roasted Shrimp (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's easy whiskey glazed shrimp.
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Whiskey Glazed Roasted Shrimp
- 2 pounds 31-40 per pound peeled, deveined shrimp (thawed, if frozen)
- 1 cup Irish Whiskey Glaze see notes for recipe
- 1½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro optional
- fresh lime juice optional
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, toss the thawed shrimp with 1 cup of whiskey glaze, salt and pepper.
- Spread the shrimp in an even single layer onto a baking sheet.
- Roast the shrimp for 5-7 minutes in the oven, remove, and use a pastry brush to liberally spread additional glaze over the shrimp (if desired).
- Return the shrimp to the oven and continue roasting for 15-17 minutes, or until the shrimp are bright pink and opaque in color.
- To serve, garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's fast and easy roasted shrimp dish as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!