When dinner needs to be quick and delicious with a minimum amount of clean up, this Sheet Pan Lemon Ginger Shrimp with Veggies and Potatoes comes to the rescue, and will please the entire family in less than 30 minutes!
With the help of a few grocery store convenience items, this sheet pan lemon ginger shrimp is loaded with fresh flavors that compliment each other wonderfully well.
This recipe will leave you full without weighing you down! It's one of my absolute favorites, and I trust it will soon be one of yours too!
The ingredient list :
**Note - The following list of ingredients contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience.
- raw shrimp (thawed if frozen), peeled and deveined
- baby potatoes
- fresh broccoli
- fresh asparagus
- garlic, minced
- olive oil
- lemongrass paste
- Ginger Paste
- lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
Why this lemon ginger shrimp sheet pan recipe works:
- It's fast.
- It's fresh.
- It's flavorful.
- It only takes one bowl and one sheet pan.
- It's economical when you purchase the shrimp on sale at the grocery store and store it in the freezer.
- It cleans up easily.
What is the proper way to thaw frozen shrimp?
- Thawing frozen shrimp can be done in the refrigerator or by running it under cold water.
- Just remember that once the shrimp is thawed, dry it well with paper towels, and return it to the refrigerator to keep it cold until it's time to cook.
Can this recipe lemon ginger shrimp be made on an outdoor grill?
All you need are a few bricks that you'll place on the grate of your grill.
You then add the sheet pan on top of the bricks, close the cover of your medium/hot grill, and now your grill works like your indoor oven. Easy Peasy!
*Special Note - Cover the bottom of the sheet pan with foil, so it stays clean and won't turn black from the heat of the flames.
Tips for making the best sheet pan lemon ginger shrimp:
Flip and stir the contents at least once during the roasting period, and make sure that all the ingredients are in an even layer when you return them to the heat.
Make sure to cut the potatoes into small size chunks, so they'll cook at the same rate as the shrimp.
Then, as soon as the potatoes are fork tender and the shrimp are pink and opaque, dinner is ready.
Additional vegetable suggestions for this recipe:
- green beans
- Brussels sprouts
- pearl onions
- cherry tomatoes
**Note - If using root vegetables such as carrots, parsnips, and sweet potatoes, those will take longer cooking time so add those to the sheet tray first and cook them for 15 minutes prior to adding the shrimp and other vegetables.
How long will lemon ginger shrimp keep in the refrigerator once cooked?
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Once cooked, you can also store any leftovers in an airtight freezer container for up to 2 months.
How to reheat:
- Thaw completely (if needed).
- Heat on a sheet pan in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
Additional recipes featuring shrimp:
This festive and easy Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Bites recipe takes only minutes to make, but they look like you slaved for hours. Plus they're cheap and cheerful which makes them perfect for this (or any) holiday gathering.
Creamy New England Sweet Corn Risotto with Shrimp is a great way to use up the last of summer's bounty of sweet corn. It's a creamy and delicious seafood main course that can be on the dinner table in approximately 30 minutes.
Sweet Chili Shrimp with ginger and cilantro is by far the easiest, fastest, and most flavorful shrimp dish... EVER! You have my word on it!
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Sheet Pan Lemon Ginger Shrimp with Veggies and Potatoes
- 1 pound raw shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 pound baby yellow potatoes quartered
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2½ tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus 1½" pieces
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ tablespoon sesame seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Place the first 10 ingredients into a very large bowl and toss well to coat.
- Turn the ingredients out onto a large baking sheet in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet. Flip and stir the ingredients and return the baking sheet back to the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Or until the potatoes are fork tender and the shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Serve immediately.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's easy lemon ginger shrimp recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!