Move over popcorn... there's a new snack kid in town! Roasted Rosemary Hazelnuts are as addicting as popcorn, and they're good for you too.
If you're bored with the same old snacks then these crunchy and flavorful hazelnut snackers are the powerhouse of flavor you've been looking for!
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- coconut oil (or other healthy oil)
- raw hazelnuts (with or without skins)
- salt and pepper
- fresh rosemary
- grated Parmesan cheese
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large skillet
- chef's knife
- cutting board
- slotted spoon
- spatula or tongs
- cheese grater (optional)
- measuring spoons
- paper towels
Why this recipe works:
The problem with these Roasted Rosemary Hazelnuts is that once you start eating them, you literally won't be able to stop!
Well, maybe that's just me. But I did need to make these tasty little tree nuts twice in a matter of only a few days because I couldn't get enough!
And I'll bet you're going to feel the exact same way!
How this recipe came to be:
Not all that long ago I asked a question on my Facebook Page (Kudos Kitchen Food, Art, and Fun) whether people are only fans of hazelnuts if they are ground up and mixed with cocoa (you know the spread I'm talking about, right?).
Or, if they like hazelnuts on their own merit, minus the chocolate.
The answer surprised me.
Almost everyone said they like the flavor of hazelnuts all by themselves, and that the addition of chocolate was purely a bonus for an already popular nut.
Since I'm not a big proponent of the chocolate hazelnut spread, I was pleased to hear this. To my delight, I knew that the time was right to unveil my recipe for roasted rosemary hazelnuts.
Health benefits of hazelnuts:
Besides their exceptional taste, hazelnuts are extremely high in vitamin E which is important for maintaining healthy skin, hair, and nails.
Hazelnuts are also a rich source of potassium, calcium, and magnesium which helps to regulate blood pressure.
And they're also packed full of vitamin B which is important for proper cell and energy metabolism. Can your popcorn do all that?!! LOL!
How to make skillet-roasted rosemary hazelnuts:
With everything hazelnuts have going for them, making skillet roasted rosemary hazelnuts couldn't be easier (or faster) to make.
Let's heat up the skillet and get cooking. I'm hungry!
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Add 3 - 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary and cook for 3 - 4 minutes on medium to infuse the oil with the rosemary.
- Remove the rosemary from the skillet.
- Add the hazelnuts to the skillet and saute over medium heat, stirring frequently until the nuts are browned.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Add chopped rosemary to the skillet and cook for an additional 2 -3 minutes.
- Remove the nuts to paper towels to cool, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Store the nuts in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
How to serve roasted rosemary hazelnuts:
Roasted Rosemary Hazelnuts are best served with a cold beer or a glass of wine.
They're also great to use as a salad topper or serve with a charcuterie or cheese platter.
For some wonderful charcuterie and cheese platter ideas, please check out some of my favorites from around the web.
Additional nut recipes you'll also enjoy:
Skillet-Roasted Rosemary Hazelnuts (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Skillet Roasted Rosemary Hazelnuts
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the fresh rosemary sprigs. Stir and cook for 2 -3 minutes. Remove the sprigs and discard.
- Add the raw nuts to the skillet and stir well to coat the the infused rosemary oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, and the chopped rosemary.
- Continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes until the nuts are browned.
- Remove to paper towels to drain and cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's healthy and addictive snack of Skillet Roasted Rosemary Hazelnuts as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!