It’s easy to turn vegetable haters into vegetable lovers with this dish of Oven Roasted Carrots, Broccoli, Shallots, and Cashews.
Lightly caramelized, and deliciously flavorful, these Oven Roasted Carrots, Broccoli, Shallots, and Cashews are the perfect side dish to make for any meal.
Or, since it’s so satisfying, why not make it as a vegetarian meal all on its own? Whichever way you choose to serve this dish, I know you’re going to love it!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Roasted Carrots, Broccoli, Shallots, and Cashews is available near the end of this post.
The easy ingredient list;
- Grapeseed Oil
- Salt and Pepper
I’ve always been a vegetable lover. When we were kids my sister was the one to hide them in her cheeks (can you say chipmunk?), and spit them out when no one was looking.
I, on the other hand, was the one to grab a spoon and finish off what remained in the bowl.
Since first making this combination of roasted vegetables, and then including shallots and cashews, I can’t seem to get enough.
My family also enjoys this ingredient combination since roasting vegetables is a surefire way to get even the most finicky eaters (husbands included) to try, and ultimately enjoy, the veggies on their plate!
Making Oven Roasted Carrots, Broccoli, Shallots, and Cashews is easy to do and is a great way to incorporate fresh vegetables into your diet.
Is there a specific way to chop the vegetables?
- You’ll notice in the photos, I like to cut my carrots into julienne strips. However, please feel free to cut your carrots into discs (coins) but make sure they are still an approximate ¼” in thickness.
- Cutting the carrots any thicker than a ¼” will have you running the risk the carrots won’t cook at the same rate as the broccoli, leaving you with overly crunchy carrots.
Do the cashews need to be raw, or can other nuts be substituted?
- You can use whatever nut you love.
- Cashews are my favorite, and they’re so good for you!
- I used raw cashews since that’s what I had in the freezer. I realize that not everyone stockpiles raw cashews in the freezer, so please feel free to chop up any cashew (or nut) you may already have on hand.
- *Note – if you do choose to use pre-roasted and salted nuts, make sure to cut back on the salt called for in this recipe.
The easy instructions;
- Place peeled and cut carrots and broccoli florets in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with grapeseed oil (or other oil of your choice), salt and pepper.
- Toss to fully coat.
- Place the veggies on a sheet pan in an even layer.
- *Tip – I like to line my sheet tray with aluminum foil to cut back on the cleanup, but this is completely optional.
- Chop the shallots and cashews and scatter them on top of the carrots and broccoli.
- Stir to combine.
- Roast in a preheated 425-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
Serve these Oven Roasted Carrots, Broccoli, Shallots and Cashews hot, but I like to eat them cold too. See? I told you I love vegetables!! 🙂
For additional recipes for roasted vegetables, please click on the following titles for;
What I love most about roasting vegetables is that gives them a nuttier flavor than any other preparation method I’ve found.
And, if you follow my tip for covering the roasting pan with aluminum foil the cleanup is virtually nothing. Winner, winner, oven roasted broccoli and carrots for dinner!
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Oven Roasted Carrots, Broccoli, Shallots, and Cashews. If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
Even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy this combination of roasted veggies.
- 5 large carrots peeled and cut into ¼" coins, or into 3" batons
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil or your favorite light oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large shallots minced
- ½ cup chopped cashews raw or roasted, salted cashews
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the carrots and broccoli in a large bowl.
Toss with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the vegetables evenly on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil (optional).
Top the vegetables with the chopped shallots and cashews and toss thoroughly, making sure the ingredients are in an even layer after tossing.
Roast in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through the roasting process.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE - If using roasted, pre-salted cashews, cut back on the amount of sodium called for in this recipe.
Tools and equipment;
Baking sheet, large bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, aluminum foil
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for roasted carrots, broccoli, shallots, and cashews as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.
Since I love vegetables so much I’ve decided to coordinate this recipe with my hand painted seed packet apron.
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!