Pumpkin Pie Bites are sweet and spicy pumpkin filling sandwiched between two layers of buttery, flaky pie crust, then rolled and then baked until golden.
When you want the flavor of traditional pumpkin pie, but you really only want a bite or two, then reach for this easy recipe for pumpkin pie bites.
These easy to make pumpkin pie rolls will satisfy your craving but won’t leave you feeling heavy or weighed down after a big holiday meal.
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making easy Pumpkin Pie Rolls is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- 2 – 9″ round prepared pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- pumpkin purée
- granulated sugar
- ground ginger
- grated nutmeg
- ground cinnamon
- pure vanilla extract
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- rolling pin (if using homemade pie crust)
- paring knife (if using homemade pie crust, to cut a 9″ circle)
- offset spatula
- pizza wheel
- ruler (optional)
- measuring cups and spoons
- pastry brush
- small bowl
- baking sheet
- cooling rack
- parchment paper
Make your time in the kitchen even more enjoyable!
How long do these pumpkin pie rolls take to make?
If you’re using store-bought pie dough (as seen in the video), the preparation will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
Naturally, if you’re using a homemade pie crust, the time will increase.
The bake time for these pumpkin pie bites is approximately 50-55 minutes, to make sure the pie dough is cooked through the center of the roll.
All total, these will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes, if using store-bought pie dough.
Can these be made in advance?
Yes, but I wouldn’t make them more than 1-2 days before when you plan to serve them.
How to store pumpkin pie bites:
They can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
How to serve this easy pumpkin dessert:
I feel these taste best at room temperature, or warmed slightly.
To warm the pumpkin pie bites after they’ve been refrigerated, place them on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake them in a preheated 300-degree oven for 7-10 minutes.
Serve them with a scoop of ice cream or some whipped cream (sadly, not shown because I didn’t think that far in advance).
Can these pumpkin pie bites be frozen?
Store them in an air-tight freezer container for up to 2 months, placing parchment paper in-between layers if needed.
Additional pumpkin recipes both sweet and savory:
*No-Bake Pumpkin Cookies from Moore or Less Cooking
*Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Fudge from Food and DIY
*Pumpkin Cream Pasta with Bratwurst (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
When pumpkin season arrives, don’t limit your pumpkin recipe repertoire to sweets only. Pumpkin Cream Pasta with Bratwurst is a delicious way to bring pumpkin to the dinner table in a deliciously savory way!
*Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling from Tasty Oven
*Glazed Pumpkin Pound Cake from Never Enough Thyme
*Pumpkin Crescent Pinwheel Appetizers (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
With a savory filling of pumpkin, cream cheese, bacon, and sage, these pumpkin crescent pinwheel appetizers are always a hit when it’s time to party.
*30-Minute Pumpkin Chili with Turkey from Nourish Nutrition Blog
*Pumpkin and Apple Soup from Paleo Low-Carb Kate
*Easy Pumpkin Pie Bites (pictured below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s sweet and easy pumpkin dessert.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Easy Pumpkin Pie Bites
- 2 – 9 ” round pie crust store-bought or homemade
- 1 tablespoon flour for rolling the pie dough
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup granulated sugar plus 1 tablespoon for topping.
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon plus ¼ teaspoon for topping
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, ¼ cup of sugar, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- Roll one of the pie doughs out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Spread the pumpkin puree mixture evenly onto the pie crust and within ½" of the outer edge.
- Sprinkle with a tiny bit of grated nutmeg, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, if desired.
- Place the second pie crust directly onto the pumpkin puree mixture and press lightly to adhere.
- Use a pizza wheel to cut the pumpkin pie stacks into 12 equal wedge slices.
- Starting at the widest edge of each wedge, gently roll each and place them point side down onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl, and in a second small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Brush each pumpkin pie bite with melted butter, and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve as is, or with ice cream, or whipped cream.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s easy pumpkin dessert recipe for pumpkin pie bites as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!