These Peanut Butter & Jelly Chocolate Covered Football Crackers are tasty little snackers that are super simple to make, and are sure to be a crowd pleaser at any tailgating or big game party!
When I come up with recipe ideas, more times than not it’s because it’s something I have a taste for, or because it’s something I know I’d enjoy eating. These Peanut Butter & Jelly Chocolate Covered Football Crackers are no exception.
I had to literally force myself from chomping on all of them immediately after taking these photos, so then I sent the remaining footballs with my husband to share at his workplace and get them out of the house! **Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Peanut Butter & Jelly Chocolate Covered Football Crackers is available near the end of this post.
The easy ingredient list;
- Oval Shaped Crackers
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter (your favorite variety)
- Jelly (your favorite flavor)
- Confectioners Sugar
Tools and equipment;
- Butter Knife or Offset Spatula
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper (optional)
- Microwave-Safe Bowl
- Sandwich bag
This may well be one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever shared. Let’s face it if you’re hosting a big game party, or any party for that matter, you need food that comes together quickly and food that can be made in advance if needed.
For other recipes that work wonderfully well for tailgating or game day parties, please click on the following titles for;
And today’s Peanut Butter & Jelly Chocolate Covered Football Crackers;
Tips and tricks for making PB & J Football Crackers;
- Do NOT overfill the crackers, or press them together too tightly. In doing so, you’ll risk squishing the filling out from the center of the crackers.
- Before freezing, if needed, clean up any filling that has squished out from the crackers with a clean finger, or napkin.
- VERY IMPORTANT – DO NOT overheat the chocolate in the microwave. When melting chocolate, low and slow is always better. If heated to quickly or on too high of heat, the chocolate will seize up, and won’t melt properly.
- The recipe can be easily doubled or tripled if needed. Please plan accordingly.
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Peanut Butter & Jelly Chocolate Covered Football Crackers. If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- 30 oval crackers
- ¼ cup peanut butter your favorite variety
- ¼ cup jelly your favorite variety
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon warm milk more if needed
Spread one side of the crackers with peanut butter.
Spread the other side of the crackers with jelly.
Gently press the peanut butter and jelly crackers together with the filling in the middle.
Place the crackers on a baking sheet (parchment paper optional) and freeze the filled crackers for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl along with the butter, and microwave on VERY LOW POWER, removing and stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is smooth and creamy. DO NOT overheat the chocolate or it will seize up and not melt.
One at a time, place the frozen filled crackers into the melted chocolate and gently toss to coat the entire cracker with chocolate.
Allow the excess chocolate to fall off the crackers, and place the coated chocolate cracker onto a baking sheet.
- Continue the process with the remaining frozen crackers.
Return the chocolate coated crackers to the freezer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk the confectioner's sugar and milk together. Spoon the mixture into a sandwich bag and work the sugar glaze to the bottom corner of the bag.
Snip a tiny corner from the bag and carefully pipe the laces onto each football.
Return the completed footballs to the freezer until ready to serve.
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Peanut Butter & Jelly Chocolate Covered Football Crackers as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!