If you love a cookie with a cake-like texture and crispy outer edges, then you'll LOVE these Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies!
A delicious mash-up of a few classic cookie recipes all rolled into one.
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip cookies need to go on to your baking list...STAT!
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making peanut butter banana chocolate chip cookies is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the "jump to recipe" (found below) to be taken directly to the recipe.Jump to Recipe
The ingredient list:
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- over-ripe bananas
- peanut butter
- baking soda
- baking powder
- quick cooking oats
The story behind the recipe:
In mid-May, a few years back, my husband and I packed up our car, our three dogs, and we took a week-long vacation at a lake house in Cassopolis, Michigan, along with our two best friends.
Since I knew I wouldn't be doing much cooking or baking while we were away (it was a vacation, after all), the day before we left, I quickly whipped up a batch of these Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies to bring along on our trip.
Since the friends we were traveling with love their sweets, I wanted to bring something that would satisfy and yet be a tad healthier than the average chocolate chip cookie.
The addition of mashed bananas and rolled oats filled the bill nicely, and the results are these Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies that also fit seamlessly into the breakfast category. LOL, You can thank me later!
Fond memories of our trip:
The thing that I was most excited about when planning our vacation was that this was going to be the first time that we were taking our dogs along on the trip.
For those of you who are pet parents, you know that the hardest thing about a taking vacation is leaving the fur-kids behind.
Somehow they know, as soon as the suitcases come out, that they'll be left behind, and they hang their saddest of faces!
But, not THIS time! Oh no... This time, we're ALL going on vacation! WOOF!
Here they all are in the car on the way to the lake house. Look closely to see all three pups. From left to right: Nellie, Ivy, and Nutmeg.
We didn't know what to expect by taking all three of them in a car at one time (for a three-hour trip), but it couldn't have gone better. Look how happy Nutmeg is!!!
And here they are on the pontoon boat. All that sunshine, fresh air, and waves really knock a girl out. Make that three girls (four if you count me)!
Thanks for allowing me to indulge by showing off my dogs. Anyone who truly knows me knows how important they are to me, and to my daily existence. I know it sounds rather dramatic, but I do believe it's true!
Back to the recipe...
And now without further ado, it's time to get to the recipe for these delicious cookies...
How to make Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, egg, and granulated sugar to the bowl.
- Cream the ingredients together until blended.
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend until just combined.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop the batter onto baking sheets by rounded tablespoons.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's delicious cookie recipe.
Printable Recipe Card
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 bananas over-ripe
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Tools and equipment
- large bowl and hand mixer OR stand mixer with the paddle attachment
- baking sheets
- parchment paper optional
- spatula or wooden spoon
- tablespoons or tablespoon sized scoop
- 2 forks or a pastry blender for mashing the bananas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg to the mashed bananas.
- Blend until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into the banana mixture and blend slowly until just combined.
- Add the oatmeal and the chocolate chips. Blend until well mixed.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto cookies sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, rotating the baking sheets half way through the baking, and bake until the cookies are golden brown.
These cookies were a big hit on vacation, and since this recipe makes several dozen I made sure to set aside a few dozen up so my grown-up kids (who weren't able to join us on vacation) could enjoy them too. Moms are like that! 🙂
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's easy cookie recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
It's only natural that I pair this recipe with one of my all-time favorite hand-painted apron designs. I call this one "Baking Therapy" because sometimes nothing soothes the soul like getting into the kitchen and baking up something tasty for the people you love. Unless, of course, it's eating those yummy sweet treats!
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!