Put those complicated desserts to bed! When it comes to holiday entertaining, WOW them with this easy, delicious, and completely fool-proof No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream!
If you think you don't like pumpkin desserts, I beg you to suspend your belief for just a moment while you savor a spoonful of this easy to make homemade ice cream.
The texture of this pumpkin ice cream is so light, airy, and creamy that you'll think you've died and gone to no-churn ice cream heaven.
- The ingredient list:
- Kitchen tools and equipment;
- Why this easy pumpkin ice cream recipe works?
- How long does it take to make this simple no-churn ice cream?
- How long does it take to freeze?
- Do I have to use cinnamon whiskey in this recipe?
- What can be used in place of the cinnamon whiskey?
- Best practices for making no-churn ice cream:
- The easy instructions:
- Additional no-churn ice cream recipes:
- Printable Recipe Card
- No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- Heavy Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg or Whole Nutmeg
- Cinnamon Whiskey (optional, but recommended)
- Puffernuese Cookies (shown)
Kitchen tools and equipment;
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Large Bowl
- 13 x 9 Baking Dish (for freezing ice cream)
- Nutmeg Grater
- Large Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Can Opener
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Ice Cream Dishes (optional, for serving)
Why this easy pumpkin ice cream recipe works?
It's super quick, fool-proof, ultra-delicious, and no special equipment is needed!
And surprise, even though it's pumpkin-flavored, it's not heavy, dense, or overly seasoned, as pumpkin desserts can sometimes be.
How long does it take to make this simple no-churn ice cream?
Honestly, it will take about 5 minutes from start to freezer.
How long does it take to freeze?
I would suggest freezing it (covered) for a minimum of 4 hours.
Do I have to use cinnamon whiskey in this recipe?
No. You can completely omit it if you'd like.
A light splash of alcohol helps to keep any ice crystals to a minimum in no-churn ice cream. However, the taste will still be delicious should you choose to forgo the cinnamon whiskey in this recipe.
What can be used in place of the cinnamon whiskey?
A teaspoon of cinnamon extract will work nicely, but it's a completely optional ingredient.
Best practices for making no-churn ice cream:
- Make sure your bowl and beaters are completely clean and dry.
- Chill the bowl and beaters in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before whipping the cream.
- Do not overbeat the cream.
- Always add a small pinch of salt to increase the flavor profile.
- Once you've achieved soft peaks, it's time to whip in the remaining ingredients
- Always cover the ice cream while freezing.
- Allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before scooping and serving.
The easy instructions:
- Chill bowl and beaters before whipping the cream.
- Start and slow speed and gradually increase the whipping speed to high.
- Beat until soft peaks form. Be careful not to overbeat the cream.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, grated nutmeg, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and ground cinnamon.
- Beat to combine.
- If using cinnamon whiskey, fold in until just combined.
- Spoon the ice cream mixture evenly into a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon, cover and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours.
Additional no-churn ice cream recipes:
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream (pictured below and featured in the video) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
"Save this Boozy Irish Coffee Ice Cream for after the kiddos have gone to bed, and then you can savor the flavor of being a grownup!"
- Incredible Ice Cream Recipe Roundup from All your favorite food bloggers from around the web.
- Banana Walnut Ice Cream (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
"Creamy No-Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream is a favorite for people who love bananas, and the crunch of toasted walnuts."
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream from The Greedy Gourmet
- Cherry Chunk Amaretto Ice Cream (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
"Smooth, creamy, and super flavorful! This no-churn Cherry Chunk Amaretto Ice Cream will soon become your new favorite ice cream flavor! I guarantee it!"
- No-Churn Bubble Gum Ice Cream from Crayons and Cravings
- No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream (pictured below) This is the place!!
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) 100% pumpkin puree
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup cinnamon whiskey
- Chill the bowl and beaters for 30 minutes before starting.
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream (starting on low speed and working up to high speed) until the cream has formed soft peaks.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and grated nutmeg.
- Whip again until all the ingredients are combined.
- Use a spatula to gently fold in the cinnamon whiskey (or cinnamon extract) until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the ice cream mixture into a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Cover and freeze at least 4 hours.
- Allow the ice cream to sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!