What makes these Coconut Brownie Bars with Macadamia Nuts magic is how fast they'll disappear. Like magic. You need these in your life!
I'm not a huge brownie lover so I don't make them very often. However, after making and tasting these Magic Coconut Brownie Bars with Macadamia Nuts, that's all going to change!
What I like best about these Magic Coconut Brownie Bars is that they can be made with either your favorite "scratch" brownie recipe or from your favorite box mix.
For this particular post, I used the Ghiradelli brownie box mix just to keep it simple and less intimidating. Plus, if you're in a pinch for time, the box brownie mix is definitely the way to go!
The key to making these Magic Coconut Brownie Bars with Macadamia Nuts extra moist and delicious is to remove the brownies from the oven just after they've baked about halfway. The outer rim of the brownies will look almost set and ready, but the inside of the brownies will still be undercooked and pudding-like.
Remove the partially cooked brownies from the oven, and top them with flaked coconut, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts, and then drizzle the entire surface of the pan with a can of sweetened condensed milk. For those of you who eat sweetened condensed milk out of the can with a spoon (you know who you are), this is where the magic actually happens!
*Note - In the photos, you'll notice that I doubled the recipe and made two pans of brownies. The recipe as it is written below makes only one pan. Feel free to double the recipe ingredients to make two pans (if desired).
Below is your printable recipe card for today's Magic Coconut Brownie Bars with Macadamia Nuts. If you enjoy this recipe and are anxious to give it a try, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to give this recipe some feedback by way of stars. Thank you very much!
Coconut Brownie Bars with Macadamia Nuts
- 1 package brownie mix, your favorite kind, plus the ingredients for making them
- 1½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to directions and spread the batter into a prepared 9x13 baking pan. Bake for approximately 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the top of the brownies with the coconut, chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts.
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the ingredients. Sprinkle the entire surface with a very light pinch of salt. Return the brownies to the oven to continue baking for approximately 15-20 minutes until they're golden in color and when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the brownies completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars and serve.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.