What makes these Coconut Brownie Bars with Macadamia Nuts magic is how fast they’ll disappear. Like magic. Magic Coconut Brownie Bars with Macadamia Nuts…you need these in your life!
I’m not a huge brownie lover so I don’t make them very often. However, after making and tasting these Magic Coconut Brownie Bars with Macadamia Nuts, that’s all going to change!
What I like best about these Magic Coconut Brownie Bars is that they can be made with either your favorite “scratch” brownie recipe or from your favorite box mix.
For this particular post, I used the Ghiradelli brownie box mix just to keep it simple and less intimidating. Plus, if you’re in a pinch for time, the box brownie mix is definitely the way to go!
The key to making these Magic Coconut Brownie Bars with Macadamia Nuts extra moist and delicious is to remove the brownies from the oven just after they’ve baked about half way. The outer rim of the brownies will look almost set and ready, but the inside of the brownies will still be undercooked and pudding-like.
Remove the partially cooked brownies from the oven, and top them with flaked coconut, semi-sweet chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and then drizzle the entire surface of the pan with a can of sweetened condensed milk. For those of you who eat sweetened condensed milk out of the can with a spoon (you know who you are), this is where the magic actually happens!
*Note – In the photos, you’ll notice that I doubled the recipe and made two pans of brownies. The recipe as it is written below makes only one pan. Feel free to double the recipe ingredients to make two pans (if desired).
Below is your printable recipe card for today’s Magic Coconut Brownie Bars with Macadamia Nuts. If you enjoy this recipe and are anxious to give it a try, I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give this recipe some feedback by way of stars. Thank you very much!
- 1 package brownie mix, your favorite kind, plus the ingredients for making them
- 1½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to directions and spread the batter into a prepared 9x13 baking pan. Bake for approximately 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the top of the brownies with the coconut, chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts.
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the ingredients. Sprinkle the entire surface with a very light pinch of salt. Return the brownies to the oven to continue baking for approximately 15-20 minutes until they're golden in color and when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the brownies completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars and serve.
You'll need a 9" x 13" baking pan and baking spray.
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!