Chocolate and Peanut Butter is a classic combination that only gets better when mixed with frosted cornflake cereal and marshmallows. These chocolate-drizzled tiger paws cereal bars are not only good...they're GRRREAT!
Today I'm sharing a recipe for something that I haven't made since my boys were little.
These no-bake tiger paw cereal bars are always a huge hit and since they're a no-bake treat, they're super simple for anyone to make.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Peanut Butter and Chocolate Tiger Paws Cereal Bars is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- mini marshmallows
- sweetened cornflake cereal
- creamy peanut butter
- chocolate chips
- pure vanilla extract
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- heavy bottom saucepan
- extra large mixing bowl
- medium microwave-safe bowl
- 13 x 9 pan
- measuring cups and spoons
Why this recipe works?
These Chocolate Drizzled Peanut Butter Tiger Paws are very similar to those little puffed rice cereal treats (you know the ones).
The difference is that in place of the puffed rice cereal, sweetened corn flakes are used along with creamy peanut butter.
They're then mixed with melted marshmallows and butter (how bad can that be?) and then pressed into a 9 x 13 pan.
Once cooled, they're cut into squares and drizzled with melted chocolate...making them not only good but GRRRREAT!!
Can chunky peanut butter be used in this recipe?
Yes! Swap out an equal amount.
Can other kinds of nut of butter be used for this recipe?
Yes! Swap out an equal amount of your favorite nut butter.
Can the chocolate be omitted from this recipe?
Sure thing. It's completely up to you!
Can other forms of flavoring chips be used?
Why not try white chocolate chips or even cinnamon chips for something completely different.
Can add-ins be used for this no-bake cereal bar recipe?
Oh yum! Let's make a list of some...
- toffee chips
- crushed cookies
- mini candy pieces
- gummy snacks
- jelly beans
- broken candy bars
- cinnamon candy
- chopped nuts
- pretzel pieces
- peanut butter filled pretzels
- caramel corn
- brownie pieces
- You get the idea. Go wild and have fun!
Can other cereals be used?
The name Tiger Paws Cereal Bars stems from the fact that these are made from sweetened frosted cornflakes, but I'm good with any type of cereal swap-out you'd like to make.
It's completely your call!
Want more chocolate and peanut butter recipes?
Chocolate Doughnuts with Peanut Butter Glaze by Lauren from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's easy no-bake cereal bar dessert recipe.
Tiger Paws Cereal Bars
- 1 bag 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups of sugar-coated cornflake cereal
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the marshmallows and stir occasionally until fully melted.
- Stir in the peanut butter until fully incorporated.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, and the cornflake cereal.
- Press the mixture evenly into a 9 x 13 pan, and allow it to completely cool.
- Once cooled, cut the tiger paws into squares and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on medium-low power at 30-second intervals (stirring after each interval) until completely melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the tiger paws cereal bars and allow the chocolate to set and harden.
- Serve and enjoy!
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's easy and delicious no-bake tiger paws cereal bars recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!