Layered hazelnut spread cookie bars with pecans, peanut butter chips, and instant pudding are sure to become a family favorite!
I must get these Nutella cookie bars out of the house before I eat them all by myself!!
Just their aroma alone as they baked in the oven was enough for me to know that these are some seriously delicious cookie bars, and I was in trouble!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making layered hazelnut spread cookie bars is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list;
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- brown sugar
- vanilla instant pudding
- pure vanilla extract
- sweetened condensed milk
- Nutella hazelnut spread
- peanut butter baking chips
- semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- chopped pecans
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- stand mixer or hand mixer
- measuring cups and spoons
- small mixing bowls
- 13 x 9 baking dish
- baking spray
- offset spatula
- cooling rack
Thankfully, after these nutty cookie bars were baked and cooled, I gave many of them away.
These layered chocolate hazelnut cookie bars are by far some of the best cookies bars I’ve ever eaten, and I’m not even the biggest fan of Nutella desserts!
I urge you to make these simple to make layered chocolate and hazelnut cookie bars for yourself (or for gifting), and I promise you won’t be sorry.
Who knows? Maybe they’ll become a family tradition and a recipe you’ll treasure for many years to come.
How to make Nutella cookie bars:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or large bowl with a hand mixer) cream the butter, brown sugar, and dry pudding mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg.
- Blend until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar and combine until a soft dough forms.
- Press half of the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- Bake the crust in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the chocolate hazelnut spread with the sweetened condensed milk.
- Use an offset spatula to spread the chocolate mixture evenly over the baked crust.
- Sprinkle the peanut butter chips and the semi-sweet chips evenly over the surface of the hazelnut spread.
- Top the cookie bars with the reserved cookie dough, crumbling it into small pieces.
- Before the final bake, top the cookie bars evenly with the chopped nuts.
- Bake the cookie bars for an additional 30 minutes at 350-degrees, or until the bars are deeply golden in color.
- Allow the bars to cool on a rack for 15 minutes and then run a sharp knife around the pan to loosen.
- Cool the cookie bars completely before slicing and serving.
Can these chocolate and hazelnut spread cookie bars be frozen?
Completely cool the bars after baking and wrap them individually.
Store them in an air-tight freezer container for up to 3 months.
Can other flavors of instant pudding be used?
Use whatever flavor you prefer. The choice is yours.
Can other chopped nuts be used for the topping?
Use whatever nut is your favorite. OR, if you don’t want nuts at all, leave them out entirely.
Can other flavors of baking chips be used to make these cookie bars?
Go crazy and use whatever you have in your pantry.
Caramel, cinnamon, white chocolate, milk chocolate…They’re all good!
Want more delicious cookie recipes?
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s delicious dessert recipe.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup Nutella
- 5 ounces peanut butter baking chips
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Liberally spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), cream the butter, brown sugar, and dry pudding until fluffy.
- Add the egg, and vanilla to the sugar mixture and blend.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and blend until a soft dough forms.
- Press half of the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, Reserving the remaining dough for later.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chocolate hazelnut spread and the sweetened condensed milk.
- Use the offset spatula to evenly spread the chocolate mixture evenly over the baked cookie crust.
- Sprinkle the peanut butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips evenly over the Nutella layer.
- Break and crumble the reserved dough evenly over the entire surface of the cookie bars.
- Top the cookie bars with the chopped nuts.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes at 350-degrees, or until the cookie bars are deeply golden brown in color.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing into bars.
Amount Per Serving Calories 441Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 46mgSodium 343mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 3gSugar 25gProtein 6g
The nutritional information and calorie count provided is intended as a guideline only and has been provided by third-party software.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s dessert bar recipe for layered hazelnut spread cookie bars as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!
✉️FREE EMAIL SERIES ✉️
5 Secrets to Your Best BBQ
My favorite tips to make your backyard BBQ a complete success!