Looking for a dessert that will WOW the entire crowd? This easy to make Chocolate Chip S'mores Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache Topping will do just that...and then some!
There is no denying that s'mores are the flavor of summer. There is something about toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate that can immediately whisk you back to our childhood.
This recipe for Chocolate Chip S'mores Cheesecake is a combination of everyone's favorite childhood treat AND everyone's favorite grownup dessert indulgence.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making s'mores cheesecake is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the "jump to recipe" button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note - The following list of ingredients contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience.
- Graham Crackers
- Granulated Sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- Cream Cheese
- Greek Yogurt
- Pure Vanilla Extract (I used Adam's)
- Chocolate Chunks
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Cream
The kitchen tools and equipment needed are:
**Note - The following list of kitchen tools and equipment contains affiliate links for your consideration and shopping convenience.
- 9" Springform Pan
- Food Processor
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Kitchen Torch
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Medium microwave heat-safe bowl
Can this cheesecake be frozen?
Yes. However, I would suggest freezing only the cheesecake portion. Wrap it well after the cheesecake has been loosened from the springform pan. Return the springform pan around the cheesecake, and freeze for up to 2 months.
When it's time to serve the cheesecake, allow it to come to room temperature, add the chocolate ganache topping, and the toasted marshmallows.
How to store a cheesecake in the refrigerator:
Wrap this cheesecake loosely with plastic wrap or on a covered cake stand, and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For best flavor, allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature before serving.
Are you a chocolate ganache lover?
If so, then check out my recipe for Boston Cream Cupcakes. Boston Cream Cupcakes with vanilla pudding centers are mini, individual servings of Boston Cream Pie. These easy-to-make cupcakes are decadent, delicious, and always a crowd-pleaser!
How to make a S'mores Cheesecake:
- Prepare a springform pan by spraying with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor (or in a zip-top bag with a rolling pin), crush the graham crackers for form fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and sugar to the graham crumbs and mix until it resembles wet sand.
- Pour the crumbs into the prepared springform pan and flatten into an even layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer, blend the softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt, granulated sugar, vanilla, and eggs (one at a time), until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape down the bowl and stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 60 minutes and then turn off the oven, leaving the cheesecake inside with the door open for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the ganache, heat the heavy cream just shy of boiling in a microwave-safe dish.
- Pour the hot heavy cream over the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the hot heavy cream and chocolate chips until smooth and glossy.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour the ganache evenly over the cooled chocolate chip cheesecake and spread it evenly over the entire top of the cheesecake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Top the ganache with marshmallows.
- Use a kitchen torch to carefully toast the marshmallows, making sure to watch for flaming marshmallows...as one does.
- Allow the marshmallows to cool, and serve the cheesecake at room temperature for best flavor.
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today's dessert recipe for chocolate chip s'mores cheesecake.
⭐If you've made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave it a star rating on the recipe card, along with a comment if you're so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Chocolate Chip S'mores Cheesecake
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 13 double graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 4 8 ounce cream cheese blocks, softened
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 20 large marshmallows
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350-DEGREES
- PREPARE A 9" SPRINGFORM PAN BY SPRAYING LIBERALLY WITH BAKING SPRAY.
TO MAKE THE CRUST:
- Finely crush the graham crackers in a food processor, or in a zip-top bag with a rolling pin.
- Add the melted butter and sugar.
- Stir well until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add the crumbs to the prepared springform pan and press the crumbs in an even layer in the bottom the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 13-15 minutes. Remove and cool.
TO MAKE THE FILLING:
- In a large bowl, cream the softened cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla, sugar, and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time (beating well after each addition).
- Scrape down the bowl with a spatula and stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the filling into the prepared springform pan.
- Place the pan onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 55-60 minutes.
- Turn the heat off in the oven and open the door partially.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake to a cooling rack.
- Cool an additional 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around the circumference of the pan to loosen the cheesecake.
- Unlatch the spring on the pan and carefully remove the collar from the cheesecake.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely.
TO MAKE THE GANACHE:
- Heat the heavy cream in a microwave until just shy of boiling.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips to a medium bowl.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk until the ganache is smooth and glossy.
- Pour the ganache over the chocolate chip s'mores cheesecake and spread it evenly over top, and allowing the ganache to drip down the sides.
TO COMPLETE THE CHOCOLATE CHIP S'MORES CHEESECAKE:
- Arrange the marshmallows on top of the ganache.
- Use a kitchen torch to evenly toast the marshmallows, being careful not to set the marshmallows on fire.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Allow the cheesecake to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's recipe for chocolate chip cheesecake as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.