Looking for a dessert that will WOW the entire crowd? This easy to make Chocolate Chip S’mores Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache Topping will do just that…and then some!
There is no denying that s’mores are the flavor of summer. There is something about toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate that can immediately whisk you back to our childhood.
This recipe for Chocolate Chip S’mores Cheesecake is a combination of everyone’s favorite childhood treat AND everyone’s favorite grownup dessert indulgence.
The ingredient list for Chocolate Chip S’mores Cheesecake;
**Note – The following list of ingredients contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience.
- Graham Crackers
- Granulated Sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- Cream Cheese
- Greek Yogurt
- Pure Vanilla Extract (I used Adam’s)
- Chocolate Chunks
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Cream
The kitchen tools and equipment needed are;
**Note – The following list of kitchen tools and equipment contains affiliate links for your consideration and shopping convenience.
- 9″ Springform Pan
- Food Processor
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Kitchen Torch
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Medium microwave heat-safe bowl
Can this cheesecake be frozen?
Yes. However, I would suggest freezing only the cheesecake portion. Wrap it well after the cheesecake has been loosened from the springform pan. Return the springform pan around the cheesecake, and freeze for up to 2 months.
When it’s time to serve the cheesecake, allow it to come to room temperature, add the chocolate ganache topping, and the toasted marshmallows.
How to store a cheesecake in the refrigerator;
Wrap this cheesecake loosely with plastic wrap or on a covered cake stand, and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For best flavor, allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature before serving.
Don’t miss out on other Kudos Kitchen sweet treat recipes listed below!
Creamy No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream #SummerDessertWeek
Creamy No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream is a favorite for people who love bananas, and the crunch of toasted walnuts.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Filled Eclairs #SummerDessertWeek
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Filled Eclairs may look intimidating to make, but trust me, they’re not! As long as you follow a few simple steps, you’ll be noshing on one (maybe two) of these beauties in no time for #SummerDessertWeek
German Bee Sting Cake (Bienenstitch)
German Bee Sting Cake is a yeasted cake with a beautiful texture, fantastic honey flavor (hence the name), a beautifully caramelized almond topping, not to mention a thick, creamy vanilla filling. It’s honestly the best cake I think I’ve ever made, and it’s a recipe I’m super excited to share it with you!
Below is the step-by-step photo tutorial for making Chocolate Chip S’mores Cheesecake;
- Prepare a springform pan by spraying with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor (or in a zip-top bag with a rolling pin), crush the graham crackers for form fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and sugar to the graham crumbs and mix until it resembles wet sand.
- Pour the crumbs into the prepared springform pan and flatten into an even layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer, blend the softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt, granulated sugar, vanilla, and eggs (one at a time), until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape down the bowl and stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 60 minutes and then turn off the oven, leaving the cheesecake inside with the door open for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the ganache, heat the heavy cream just shy of boiling in a microwave-safe dish.
- Pour the hot heavy cream over the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the hot heavy cream and chocolate chips until smooth and glossy.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour the ganache evenly over the cooled chocolate chip cheesecake and spread it evenly over the entire top of the cheesecake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Top the ganache with marshmallows.
- Use a kitchen torch to carefully toast the marshmallows, making sure to watch for flaming marshmallows…as one does.
- Allow the marshmallows to cool, and serve the cheesecake at room temperature for best flavor.
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Chocolate Chip S’mores Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache Topping.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 13 (double) graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 4 (8 ounce) cream cheese blocks, softened
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 20 large marshmallows
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350-DEGREES
PREPARE A 9" SPRINGFORM PAN BY SPRAYING LIBERALLY WITH BAKING SPRAY.
TO MAKE THE CRUST:
- Finely crush the graham crackers in a food processor, or in a zip-top bag with a rolling pin.
- Add the melted butter and sugar.
- Stir well until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add the crumbs to the prepared springform pan and press the crumbs in an even layer in the bottom the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 13-15 minutes. Remove and cool.
TO MAKE THE FILLING:
- In a large bowl, cream the softened cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla, sugar, and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time (beating well after each addition).
- Scrape down the bowl with a spatula and stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the filling into the prepared springform pan.
- Place the pan onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 55-60 minutes.
- Turn the heat off in the oven and open the door partially.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake to a cooling rack.
- Cool an additional 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around the circumference of the pan to loosen the cheesecake.
- Unlatch the spring on the pan and carefully remove the collar from the cheesecake.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely.
TO MAKE THE GANACHE:
- Heat the heavy cream in a microwave until just shy of boiling.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips to a medium bowl.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk until the ganache is smooth and glossy.
- Pour the ganache over the chocolate chip s'mores cheesecake and spread it evenly over top, and allowing the ganache to drip down the sides.
TO COMPLETE THE CHOCOLATE CHIP S'MORES CHEESECAKE:
- Arrange the marshmallows on top of the ganache.
- Use a kitchen torch to evenly toast the marshmallows, being careful not to set the marshmallows on fire.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Allow the cheesecake to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 291 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 75mg Sodium 104mg Carbohydrates 30g Fiber 1g Sugar 25g Protein 5g
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Chocolate Chip S’mores Cheesecake as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
For all the other #SummerDessertWeek sweets and treats, please click on the following titles for:Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today! Summer Drinks:
- Mermaid Pineapple RumDum from Big Bear’s Wife
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Drumstick Layered Dessert from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mermaid Milkshakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Fried Ice Cream Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Unicorn Milkshake from For The Love of Food
- Mojito Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Pina Colada Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemonade Cupcakes from The Domestic Kitchen
- Summer Sangria Cake from A Blender Mom
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Cupcakes from Doughmesstic
- Sunflower Cupcakes from Home Sweet Homestead
- Easy Pina Colada Poke Cake from Love and Confections
- Classic Vanilla Cupcakes + Summer Cupcake Decorating from Books n’ Cooks
- Almond Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Peach Upside Down Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Jam Breakfast Cake with Streusel from Shockingly Delicious
- Summer Berry Cupcakes with Lemon Icing from Nancie’s Table
- Million Dollar Bar Pies from Fake Ginger
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Eat Move Make
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake from Cooking With Carlee
- S’mores Cheesecake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Cheesecake Shortbread Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Drumstick Babka from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Raspberry Lemon Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- Peach Streusel Crumb Bars from Blogghetti
- White Tea Peach Panna Cotta from Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Strawberry Swirl Marshmallow from My Sweet Zepol
- Blueberry Lemonade Lollipops from Our Good Life
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!