If you think everything seasoning is just for bagels…think again!
The Best Homemade everything seasoning blend can, and should, be used on just about everything!
You’ve most likely already have everything you need to whip up this fast and easy homemade everything seasoning in your pantry right now.
So don’t wait…make some today! You’ll be glad you did!!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making homemade everything seasoning blend is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- sesame seeds
- poppy seeds
- dehydrated onion
- caraway seeds
- fennel seeds
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- kosher salt
Kitchen tools needed:
- measuring cups and spoons
- air tight storage containers
- spice grinder (optional)
- mortar and pestle (optional)
Why make homemade everything seasoning?
So many reasons!
- You can tailor it to your own tastes.
- You probably already have what you need in your spice cabinet.
- It only takes minutes to whip up a big batch.
- It keeps for a very long time in an airtight container.
- It’s cheaper in the long run to make than store-bought.
- It’s fresh, and you know exactly what’s in it.
- You control the proportions of each ingredient.
- It’s fun to make.
- You can give it as gifts!
What if I don’t like the list of ingredients here?
Feel free to use the ingredients you like best, and omit the ones you’re not very fond of.
For an example, if you don’t like fennel or caraway seeds, don’t use them. But, if you do, feel free to use more of them.
Additional add-in suggestions:
- dill weed
- coriander seed
- ground cumin
- black sesame seeds
- celery seed
- dried parsley flakes
- red pepper flakes
- pink Himalayan salt
What can homemade everything seasoning be used on?
How and where can’t everything seasoning be used?
Here are a few of my suggestions, but I urge you to get creative and come up with your own ideas and creations.
- Use it (liberally) on beef, chicken, pork, fish.
- Use it (sparingly) on shrimp, scallops, lobster, and crab.
- Mix it into cooked rice, mashed potatoes, cooked pasta, cooked polenta or grains like farro, quinoa, barley.
- Sprinkle it onto scrambled eggs, avocado toast, buttered toast, English muffins, buttered bagels, cream of wheat…
- Top cooked vegetables, salads, or mix it into homemade or store-bought salad dressings.
- Sprinkle it liberally on top of homemade rolls and bread (before baking), or on top of pop-tube store-bought biscuits and rolls (before baking).
- Sprinkle it liberally on top of cream cheese or softened cheddar or Swiss cheese dip and then spread it onto cracker.
- Where/how will you use it? I’d love to know your creative ideas so please leave them in the comments for me. 🙂
Recipes using everything seasoning:
*Everything Bagel Chips (pictured below and in the featured video)
Beware! These homemade everything bagel chips are so crunchy and so addicting that you can’t step away. Please proceed with the utmost caution!
*Everything Seasoned Cocktail Weenies from Jen Around the World
*Everything Puff Pastry Bread Sticks from Basil and Bubbly
*Everything but the Bagel Cheese Ball from Cheese Curd in Paradise
*The BEST Homemade Everything Seasoning Blend (pictured below) THIS IS THE PLACE
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s homemade everything seasoning blend.
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- ¼ cup onion powder
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- ¼ cup dehydrated minced onions
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium-size bowl and mix well.
- Store in an air-tight container in a cool, dry spot for up to 6 months.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s quick, easy, and super flavorful recipe for making a homemade everything spice blend as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!