These Super Simple Chocolate Cinnamon Croissants are a speedy weekend breakfast treat that the entire family is sure to love.
When you serve your family these easy-to-make breakfast croissants, they'll feel like they've just stayed at the finest Bed and Breakfast. Then, after they're done eating, tell them to hit the road for the day so you can have the house to yourself. HaHa! Just like the finest Bed and Breakfast. I'm kidding of course...or am I? *wink*
Since these chocolate cinnamon croissants take advantage of the canned, refrigerated, crescent rolls this is the perfect recipe for the kids to help you make, or even make all by themselves (depending on their age of course). After all, what kid (or adult for that matter) doesn't like sprinkling cinnamon sugar and chocolate chips on things?
The step-by-step photo instructions:
Pop open a can of store-bought refrigerated crescent rolls (I used the Grand's size, but you can use smaller ones) and lay them out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush each triangle of dough with melted butter and sprinkle each liberally with cinnamon, sugar, and chocolate chips.
Starting at the widest end, roll the dough and form it into a crescent shape. Brush the top of each roll with additional melted butter and a final sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar. Bake the croissants in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 25-30 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Printable Recipe Card
Chocolate Cinnamon Breakfast Croissants
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls I used Grands
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Tools and equipment:
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- pastry brush
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit..
- Pop open the can of rolls and lay each triangle out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush each triangle with melted butter.
- Sprinkle each triangle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle each triangle with chocolate chips.
- Starting at the widest end, roll each triangle and form into a crescent shape.
- Brush the top of each roll with additional melted butter and the remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve warm.
If you find that you have a little extra time on your hands and you're wondering what to serve alongside these Chocolate Cinnamon Breakfast Croissants, might I suggest the following recipes from around the web:
Strawberry and Orange Salad - Once Upon a Chef
Simple Homemade Breakfast Sausage - Iowa Girl Eats
How to Poach an Egg - The Smitten Kitchen
Perfect Iced Coffee - Damn Delicious
Homemade Chai Tea - Gimme Some Oven
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!