Spicy, hearty, cheesy, and delicious. This Cheesy Sausage Bean Dip covers all the bases and will score you some serious game-day points with the fans.
This queso Sausage Bean Dip is super simple to make and takes only a handful of ingredients and a few minutes to whip together.
It will soon become your go-to savory dip recipe for crowd size entertaining, or perhaps just a gathering of just a few.
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making this easy cheesy bean dip is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
This recipe was originally shared in 2016. This post has been updated with additional information, including a recipe card complete with nutritional information, but the recipe itself has remained unchanged.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- Italian sausage
- olive oil
- canned pinto beans, drained
- prepared salsa con queso cheese sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) fire-roasted chiles
- ground smoked cumin
- ground coriander
- salt and pepper
- chips for dipping
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- large skillet
- wooden spoon or slotted spatula
- measuring cups and spoons
- 8 x 8 baking dish (2-quart)
- non-stick cooking spray
- can opener
Why this recipe works:
This deliciously cheesy bean dip recipe is the perfect thing to munch and crunch on while watching the big game on TV, or just sitting by the fire on a cold winter’s day!
The sausage and the fire-roasted jalapenos add the right amount of meatiness and heat, and the beans and the queso add just the right amount of healthy fiber, and well, CHEESE!
There is certainly something for everyone here!
How long will it take to make this cheesy bean dip?
Approximately 30 minutes.
10-12 minutes on the stovetop, and an additional 20 minutes in the oven.
Can the sausage be left out of this recipe?
You can even swap ground beef, ground turkey, ground lamb, or even use a plant-based sausage option in place of the Italian sausage if that’s what you’d like.
Can the fire-roasted chiles be left out of this recipe?
Of course, but let me assure you that this dip isn’t over-the-top hot and spicy.
It’s mildly spicy.
Just enough for a little kick, but not enough to knock your socks completely off.
Can different beans be used in this sausage bean dip recipe?
You can use whatever beans you like, or whatever you have in your pantry.
Black beans would be especially nice, and a mix of beans would be amazing!
How to make Cheesy Sausage Bean Dip:
- Brown and crumble the Italian Sausage in a large skillet with a touch of olive oil over medium/high heat.
- Once browned, add the queso cheese, fire roasted chiles, beans, and seasonings.
- Spoon the sausage bean dip into a 8 x 8 casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with chips or your favorite dippers, and enjoy!
Additional savory dip recipes:
*Patty Melt Dip (shown below)
Everything you love about a patty melt sandwich is in this easy to make Patty Melt Dip. It’s sure to be a real crowd-pleaser at your next party or celebration!
*Salami Dill Pickle Dip (shown below)
Crave-worthy Salami Dill Pickle Dip is a quick and easy update of the salami and pickle pinwheel appetizers of the past, but this updated version is faster, easier, and has a bigger kick of flavor.
*Vampire Garlic Dip (shown below)
If you’re a garlic addict, like me, then you simply MUST make this Roasted Garlic Dip! With only a few ingredients, this amazing dip comes together in a flash and is ready to serve in minutes.
*Cheesy Sausage Bean Dip (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Once you set this savory sausage bean dip out, it’s going to go quickly! So grab your chips and get it while it’s hot!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s cheesy queso bean dip.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Cheesy Sausage Bean Dip
- 1 pound of Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups prepared queso cheese sauce
- 1 can 15 ounces pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 4 ounces fire-roasted chiles
- tortilla chips and/or crackers for serving
- 1 – 8 ” x 8″ baking dish
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium/high heat, brown the sausage stirring occasionally and breaking it into small bits as it browns.
- Reduce the heat to medium/low. Stir in the salt, black pepper, prepared queso, beans and fire roasted jalapenos. Stir well to combine and heat through.
- Spray the baking dish with cooking spray and spoon the dip evenly into the dish. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or crackers.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s fast, easy, and delicious savory appetizer dip recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!