This fast and flavorful fish dish of Tropical Seared Mahi Mahi with Pineapple, Grape & Avocado Salsa will be on the dinner table in under 15 minutes. It's perfect for a light lunch or dinner during the spring and summer months.
The natural sweetness of the mahi-mahi plays well with the combined flavors of the salsa. From the sweet and acidic taste of the pineapple to the tartness of the grapes, the bite of the red onion, and of course the creaminess of the avocado. Tropical Seared Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple, Grapes & Avocado Salsa is the perfect pairing of sweet and tart.
For you, cilantro lovers out there (I'm with you, but didn't have any the night I created this recipe), a light sprinkling of chopped cilantro over top of this dish to garnish would be a lovely and flavorful addition. Next time I make this Tropical Seared Mahi Mahi with Pineapple, Grape & Avocado Salsa I am SO doing that!
Seared Mahi Mahi with Pineapple, Grape and Avocado Salsa
- 2 5 ounce mahi-mahi fish fillets or other sweet fish fillets of your choosing
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups diced pineapple chunks
- 1 cup seedless red grapes halved
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 medium avocado skin removed and diced
- chopped fresh cilantro as garnish optional
- -In a medium skillet over high heat, sear the seasoned mahi-mahi on both sides in the grapeseed oil (approximately 3-4 minutes per side, depending on thickness).
- -Meanwhile, add the remaining ingredients to a bowl, stir and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- -To serve, place a heaping helping of salsa on a plate. Top with the seared mahi-mahi and garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired (not shown).
I hope you've enjoyed this recipe for Tropical Seared Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple, Grapes & Avocado Salsa as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.