Pink Lemonade Cookies are perfect for any summer party or colorful celebration.
I originally shared this recipe in 2015. I’ve recently updated this post with additional information, including a recipe card complete with nutritional information, but the recipe itself has remained unchanged.
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Pink Lemonade Cookies is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- granulated sugar
- powdered pink lemonade mix
- pure vanilla extract
- lemon extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- pink (or red) food coloring (optional)
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing bowls
- baking sheets
- parchment paper
- small cookie scoop
- cooling rack
- kitchen timer
How this recipe came to be:
My husband and I decided to host a huge summer luau in our backyard and this is one of the cookie recipes I developed to serve for dessert.
Since the color of these Pink Lemonade Cookies reminds me of flamingos, what could be more fun and appropriate for a luau?!
Store them in an air-tight container and freeze them for up to 4 months.
Can regular lemonade mix be used, not pink?
Sure thing! Use what you have, or what you like.
On a side note, however, you may want to use a few drops of yellow food color (not pink) for making yellow lemonade cookies (or no color at all), but the choice is totally yours on that.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter, sugar and lemonade mix together in a large bowl until light and creamy.
- Blend in the egg, vanilla, and lemon extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Zest one large lemon and set aside.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugar mixture in 1/3 increments, blending lightly after each addition.
- When the flour is all incorporated, add the fresh lemon zest and food color (if using), and blend lightly until the color is completely incorporated.
- Use a small cookie to roll the dough into 1″ balls and then roll the balls into granulated sugar to coat.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 15-18 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, for even doneness.
- Place on cooling racks to cool comepletely before serving.
Additional fun luau/summer recipes:
*Pineapple Shaped Cheese Ball (shown below and featured in the video)
This super cute Aloha Pineapple Cheese Ball will be the hit of your next summer party. It’s really easy to make and it’s crazy delicious too!
*Twice Baked Sweet Potato Boats (not shown)
Travel to the tropics with these fun, festive, and extremely delicious twice-baked sweet potato boats featuring coconut and lime flavors.
*Sand Dollar Cookies (shown below)
Sand Dollar Cookies with cinnamon sugar are super easy to make, and the perfect way to celebrate summer. They’re just as much fun as a day at the beach!
*Frozen Pineapple Pops Dipped in Chocolate (not shown)
These Frozen Pineapple Pops dipped in chocolate and coconut are the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day! Make some today and stick them in the freezer to have on hand all throughout the summer!
*Pink Lemonade Cookies (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s fun pink lemonade sugar cookie recipe.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Pink Lemonade Cookies
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar divided
- ½ cup powdered sweetened pink lemonade mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4-5 drops pink or red food coloring (if desired)
- -Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- -In a large bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer along with the paddle attachment, blend the butter, sugar, and lemonade mix until light and fluffy.
- -Blend in the egg, vanilla, and lemon extract.
- -In a medium-size bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- -Blend the flour mixture into the butter and sugar mixture in 1/3 increments, blending well after each addition of flour.
- -Add the lemon zest and food coloring (if using).
- -Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball into the ¼ cup granulated sugar to coat.
- -Place the balls onto parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving 2″ between each cookie.
- -Bake cookies in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 15-18 minutes, making sure to rotate the sheets halfway throughout the baking process.
- -Bake just until the edges just begin to brown.
- -Remove, cool on a cooling rack, and continue the process with the remaining dough.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s deliciously pink lemonade sugar cookie recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!