When it comes to a hearty and delicious soup that’s prepared in only a matter of minutes, Italian Pepperoni Soup will soon be on the very top of your favorites list.
It doesn’t often happen that I’ll make a meal twice in a matter of two weeks’ time.
However, this Italian Pepperoni Soup is so amazing I could easily see myself making it on a regular weekly rotation, and that’s saying something pretty special!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Italian Pepperoni Soup with Chicken and White Beans is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- chicken breast OR precooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- canned diced tomatoes, with liquid
- canned white (cannellini) beans, drained
- chicken stock
- garlic, minced
- zucchini, chopped
- onion, chopped
- green bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- mini pepperoni
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- pressure cooker, slow cooker, OR large stockpot
- measuring cups and spoons
- can opener
- chef’s knife
- wooden spoon or spatula
- cutting board
- soup ladle
- cheese grater (optional)
How this recipe came to be:
The very first time I made this soup the chicken breast was the only meat I’d used, and it was delicious.
The second time I made this soup, I added mini pepperoni to the pot at the suggestion of my son.
I must say, the addition of the pepperoni elevates what already was a very good soup, to a really great soup!
Thanks for the suggestion, Greg! It was a total winner!
Such a versatile soup:
You can make this soup in the pressure cooker, slow cooker, or on the stovetop.
Either way you choose to make this delicious pepperoni soup, just make it!
You’ll be glad you did!
Italian Pepperoni soup Instant pot or slow cooker method:
- Add the seasoned chicken breast to the Instant pot or slow cooker along with chicken broth, water, chopped vegetables, canned tomatoes, minced garlic, drained beans, and dried herbs.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken breast from the pot and chop or shred into bite-sized pieces.
- Return the chopped chicken back into the pot along with the pepperoni.
- Continue to cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese to serve.
Italian Pepperoni Soup stovetop method:
- In a large stockpot, combine the chicken broth, water, pre-cooked shredded chicken (leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken works great).
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped zucchini, onion, bell pepper, canned tomatoes, drained white beans, dried herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to combine and continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the mini pepperoni to the soup and heat through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese to serve.
Can this soup be frozen?
Yes! It freezes beautifully!
Store it in an air-tight freezer container and freeze for up to 6 months.
Thaw the soup on the counter top or in the refrigerator.
To reheat, add the soup to a stockpot and simmer until hot, or add the soup to a microwave-safe container and heat until hot.
Additional soup recipes I can also recommend:
Spaghetti Squash Soup (pictured below)
Spaghetti Squash Soup is a wonderfully hearty, comforting, and healthy way to eat your veggies. This soup can be made with or without sausage so it’s perfect for anyone, or any table.
Roasted Celery Soup (pictured below)
Creamy Roasted Celery Soup is perfect for winter days. Roasting the celery and vegetables before blending gives this soup a wonderful depth of flavor and a mild celery taste.
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup with Ham (pictured below)
Comforting and delicious, this Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup with Ham will convert even a pea hater into a pea lover. Please, I beg of you “Give Peas A Chance!”
If you’re a fan of pressure cooking or want to become familiar with using a pressure cooker, then I urge you to visit Pressure Cooking Today for all sorts of recipes, tips, and tricks for utilizing a pressure cooker/Instant Pot to it’s fullest potential.
This site is a wonderful resource for all things delicious when it comes to cooking under pressure.
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s easy Italian chicken and white bean soup with pepperoni.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Italian Pepperoni Soup
- 3 chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper, or 3-4 cups shredded, pre-cooked chicken.
- 1 large can 28 ounces diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 2 cans 15 ounces white beans (cannellini) drained.
- 1- quart chicken stock
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium zucchini diced small ½" pieces
- 1 red onion diced small ½" pieces
- 1 green bell pepper diced small ½" pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bag 4 ounces mini pepperoni
- grated Parmesan cheese for garnish if desired
To make in an Instant Pot or slow cooker:
- Add the raw chicken breast to the cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, stock, water, veggies, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove the cooked chicken breast from the pot and shred.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot along with the pepperoni.
- Stir well and heat through.
- Serve hot along with grated Parmesan cheese for garnish.
To make on the stovetop:
- Add the chicken stock, cooked chicken, tomatoes, water, chopped veggies, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to a large stockpot.
- Simmer over medium/low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the mini pepperoni to the pot and continue to simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot along with grated Parmesan cheese for garnish.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s delicious comfort food soup recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!