Open wide; this is BIG! Dry Rub Grilled Skirt Steak Sandwiches are juicy slices of seasoned beef that are piled high on a crusty roll and then topped with sauteed green bell peppers and sweet onion slices.
The recipe for the dry rub I’m sharing with you today can be made in advance and kept in a sealed container in your pantry or spice cabinet. It’s delicious for use on beef, chicken, pork, lamb, and just about anything else you can think of. These Dry Rub Grilled Skirt Steak Sandwiches are great to serve to your hungry family and friends at your next backyard BBQ.
Meat and bread lovers will find these sandwiches unbelievably satisfying and delicious. With the addition of some beef broth for dipping and some hot sauce for splashing, if you love big, bold, meaty flavors (or know someone that does) then this recipe has your/their name/names written all over it. 🙂
Making Dry Rub Grilled Skirt Steak Sandwiches is as easy as one, two, three.
One: Mix together the dry rub spice blend (recipe follows). Liberally spread the spice rub on both sides of the skirt steak. Allow the meat to sit with the spice rub for at least 20 minutes. Two: Meanwhile, saute green pepper and onion slices in a large skillet until softened.
Three: Grill the steaks (either outdoors or on an indoor grill pan) for approximately 5 minutes per side or until your desired doneness. Remove the steaks from the grill and allow the meat to sit, covered, for at least 10 minutes. Thinly slice the skirt steak across the grain. To make sandwiches, pile the meat on crusty rolls, top with the sauteed green pepper and onion. If desired use beef broth or stock for dipping, and sprinkle the sandwich with hot sauce.
- 3 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons ground smoked cumin
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1½ tablespoons dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1½ tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 beef skirt steaks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 crusty rolls
- 1½ cup beef broth for dipping (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- Large glass bowl with lid (for mixing the dry rub)
- outdoor grill or indoor grill pan
- long handled tongs for flipping the meat
- large skillet (for sauteing the peppers and onions)
- medium bowl for the beef broth
- baking sheet or large platter for meat
- slicing knife and cutting board for meat
- aluminum foil
- In a large bowl with a lid, mix all the ingredients for the dry rub until well combined.
- Place the meat on the baking sheet and liberally sprinkle the dry rub on both sides of the meat and rub it in lightly.
- Allow the meat to sit for approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a large skillet to medium, add the canola oil and the sliced peppers and onions.
- Sautee the green peppers and onions with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ pepper until they softened and cooked through. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Place the steaks on a hot grill and cook for approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the cooked steaks from the grill and allow to sit, covered with aluminum foil, for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the meat across the grain in thin slices.
- To serve pile the sliced beef onto crusty rolls and top with the sauteed peppers and onions.
- Spoon (or dip) the beef stock over the prepared sandwiches and a few shakes of hot sauce if desired.
- Serve hot!
For additional items to serve along side this Dry Rub Grilled Skirt Steak Sandwich, allow me to suggest the following:
I don’t know about you, but after all that, I’m stuffed! LOL. Time for some good old fashioned fun…
The following glasses don’t have anything to do with the Dry Rub Grilled Skirt Steak Sandwich recipe, or the all the other recipe links that followed. I just think they’re a fun and colorful addition to this post. I hope you do to. They’re perfect for entertaining and are sure to be great conversation pieces when in use, or on display. Get a clue! HaHa!
All of my hand painted glassware items are completely dishwasher safe as well as being non-toxic. Each item comes in its own gift box and personalization is always free of charge. If there is ever anything I can paint for you, from glassware to fabrics (aprons and tea towels), please don’t hesitate to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit one of my shops: Etsy, Wazala, or Kudos Kitchen Paints. Customer special requests are always welcome, and I will happily paint and design from any photo, idea, or description you send my way.
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!