Chocolate and cherry lovers will go crazy for this creamy and delicious no-churn recipe for Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream.
I originally shared this recipe in 2017. I’ve recently updated this post with additional information, including a recipe card complete with nutritional information, but the recipe itself has remained unchanged.
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making No-Churn Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- fresh cherries, stemmed and pitted (frozen will also work)
- heavy whipping cream
- cocoa powder
- sweetened condensed milk
- granulated sugar
- white chocolate chips
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- pure vanilla extract
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- mixing bowls
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- measuring cups and spoons
- ice cream container or loaf pan
- ice cream scoop
- cutting board
- cherry pitter
- chef’s knife or santoku
How this recipe came to be:
In 2017 (when this recipe was first published), I had developed this no-churn chocolate ice cream so I could participate in something called Summer Desserts Week.
Here’s what I’d said about this recipe in 2017:
I thought about making this no-churn chocolate cherry Kahlua ice cream with just one layer of chocolate, and that was going to be cocoa powder.
However, after perusing my baking cabinet and seeing a bunch of half-full bags of chocolate chips (yes, time to organize my cabinets) I decided to go all out and turn my recipe from a decadent chocolate cherry Kahlua ice cream into a super decadent TRIPLE Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream!
Is it so wrong? 😉
Even though the amount of chocolate I used in this recipe changed, the one ingredient that was never up for debate was one of summertime’s most delicious fruit…plump, and juicy cherries.
*Please Note – This recipe contains alcohol so it is not fitting for anyone under 21 years of age. However, this recipe can be made without the Kahlua if you’re feeding those who should not consume alcohol. See the suggestion below.
To churn or not to churn…that is the question:
No churn ice cream recipes are my new favorite way to make ice creams.
While there may be people who argue the validity and texture of no-churn ice cream, I find that they’re as equally delicious as any ice cream made in an ice cream maker and that they can be just as creamy.
Tip for creamy no-churn ice creams:
One of the tricks I’ve learned to keep the ice crystals at bay with no-churn ice cream is to add a splash (or two) of alcohol to the mix.
With today’s flavor, as you can see, I’ve chosen to add Kahlua because I thought it would be a nice compliment to the chocolate and cherry flavor and I was right!
Leaving the Kahula out of this recipe:
*However, if you’re serving this No-Churn Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream to an under 21 crowd, please make sure to leave out the alcohol entirely, and compensate by adding additional vanilla extract to the ice cream before freezing!
The step-by-step photo instructions for making chocolate cherry Kahlua ice cream:
- Pit and chop the cherries.
- Add them to a small bowl with sugar and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the Kahlua and a pinch of salt. Mix well, and set aside while whipping the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add cocoa powder to the whipped cream and stir well to mix.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk…
- Stir in the pitted chopped cherries and the white and semi-sweet chocolate.
- Once combined, pour the No-Churn Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream mixture evenly into a loaf pan and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
Additional no-churn ice cream recipes you’ll also love:
*Toasted Coconut Pecan Ice Cream (shown below)
If you’re a fan of eating coconut ice cream then this no-churn Easy Toasted Coconut Pecan Ice Cream will send chills up your spine. In a good way. of course. 🙂
*No-Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream (not shown)
No-Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream is a favorite for people who love bananas, toasted walnuts, caramel, and vanilla wafers. It’s utterly delicious!!
*No-Churn Roasted Sweet Corn Butterscotch Ice Cream (shown below)
If you’re looking for a new frozen taste sensation that will knock your socks off, look no further. This unbelievably delicious No-Churn Roasted Sweet Corn Ice Cream will do just that!
*No-Churn Cherry Chunk Amaretto Ice Cream (not shown)
Smooth, creamy, and super flavorful! This no-churn Cherry Chunk Amaretto Ice Cream will soon become your new favorite ice cream flavor! I guarantee it!
*Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s delicious chocolate cherry no-churn ice cream.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream
- 1½ cups fresh cherries, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, use 1½ tablespoons if omitting the Kahlua
- ¼ cup Kahlua
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cups white chocolate chips
- Place the chopped pitted cherries into a medium bowl. Add the sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and Kahlua to the cherries and stir well. Set aside while preparing the ice cream base.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Stir the cocoa powder into the whipped cream.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the cream mixture and stir well.
- Stir the prepared cherries, semi-sweet chocolate, and white chocolate evenly into the ice cream and pour the mixture into a loaf pan.
- Freeze the ice cream at least 4 hours before serving.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for No-Churn Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!