Chocolate and cherry lovers will go crazy for this creamy and delicious no-churn recipe for Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream.
I thought about making this no-churn chocolate cherry Kahlua ice cream for #SummerDessertWeek with just one layer of chocolate, using cocoa powder.
However, after perusing my baking cabinet and seeing a bunch of half-full bags of chocolate chips (yes, time to organize my cabinets) I decided to go all out and turn my recipe from a decadent chocolate cherry Kahlua ice cream to a super decadent TRIPLE Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream! Is it so wrong? 😉
Even though the amount of chocolate I used in this recipe changed, the one ingredient that was never up for debate was the use of the most deliciously plump, dark, and juicy Rainier cherries.
After all, summer just wouldn’t be summer without Rainier cherries, and I’d like to publicly thank Rainier Fruit company for being one of the sponsors for #SummerDessertWeek, and for generously sending me the perfect cherries to use in my No Churn Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice cream. I purchase Rainier cherries every summer, but this year they were particularly sweet! 😉
Disclaimer – This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
*Please Note – This recipe contains alcohol so it is not fitting for anyone under 21 years of age. However, this recipe can be made without the Kahlua if you’re feeding those who should not consume alcohol. See suggestion below.
No churn ice cream recipes are my new favorite way to make ice creams. While there may be people who argue the validity and texture of a no churn ice cream, I find that they’re as equally delicious as any ice cream made in an ice cream maker and that they can be just as creamy.
One of the tricks I’ve learned to keep the ice crystals at bay with a no-churn ice cream is to add a splash (or two) of alcohol to the mix. With today’s flavor, as you can see, I’d chosen to add Kahlua because I thought it would be a nice compliment to the chocolate and cherry flavor, and I was right!
*However, if you’re serving this No-Churn Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream to an under 21 crowd, please make sure to leave out the alcohol entirely, and compensate by adding additional vanilla extract to the ice cream before freezing!
The ingredient list for making this No Churn Triple Chocolate Kahlua Ice Cream is rather short and sweet. I used heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, pitted and chopped fresh Rainier cherries, granulated sugar thanks to Dixie Crystals Sugar, pure vanilla extract thanks to Adam’s Extract & Spice, Kahlua, cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and a pinch of salt.
If you’re ready to make No Churn Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream, let’s begin…
- Pit and chop the cherries.
- Add them to a small bowl with sugar and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the Kahlua and a pinch of salt. Mix well, and set aside while whipping the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add cocoa powder to the whipped cream and stir well to mix.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk…
- Stir in the pitted chopped cherries and the white and semi-sweet chocolate.
- Once combined, pour the No-Churn Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream mixture evenly into a loaf pan and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
I did my best to produce the following fun and fast-paced video of the making of Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream. I hope you’ll find it entertaining and helpful. If you enjoy this video, please don’t forget to subscribe to my Kudos Kitchen channel on YouTube. Thanks so much!!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for No-Churn Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.
To view the other recipe posts I’ve created for this year’s #SummerDessertWeek, please click on these following titles for be taken to the printable recipes for my Creamy No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream, and this Lovely Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping.
Triple chocolate with loads of fresh cherry flavor. This no-churn chocolate cherry Kahlua ice cream will soon become a family favorite!
- 1½ cups fresh cherries, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, use 1½ tablespoons if omitting the Kahlua
- ¼ cup Kahlua
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cups white chocolate chips
- Place the chopped pitted cherries into a medium bowl. Add the sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and Kahlua to the cherries and stir well. Set aside while preparing the ice cream base.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Stir the cocoa powder into the whipped cream.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the cream mixture and stir well.
- Stir the prepared cherries, semi-sweet chocolate, and white chocolate evenly into the ice cream and pour the mixture into a loaf pan.
- Freeze the ice cream at least 4 hours before serving.
Tools and equipment:
large bowl, medium bowl, cherry pitter (optional), knife and cutting board, hand mixer, loaf pan, measuring cups and spoons, spatula, can opener, ice cream scoop
For more amazing recipes featuring the delicious ingredients from our sponsors, and for your chance to enter to win some fabulous prizes (entry form found at the very bottom of this post), please continue to scroll and click on the recipe titles to be taken directly to the recipe posts from some of your favorite food bloggers:
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
No Bake Treats:
- Homemade Snow Cone Syrup from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Lush Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Bourbon Soaked Cherries from The Whimsy One
- Summer Fruit Dessert Pizza from Big Bear’s Wife
- Fruit Swirled Madeleines from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mini Cherry Almond Galettes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Baby Blueberry Cobblers from The Domestic Kitchen
- Sweet Corn and Raspberry Layer Cake from Sweet ReciPeas
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Jen Around the World
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint, and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel, and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes
Kudos Kitchen by Renee ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!