Get your pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, but make your apple cider donut (muffins) at home! They’re just as good as at the pumpkin patch. Maybe even better!!
These easy to make apple cider donut muffins are coated with cinnamon sugar which gives them a slight crunch on the outside while the inside is tender and moist! They’re incredibly delicious!!
Be still my apple cider donut loving heart!!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Apple Cider Donut Muffins is available at the end of this post. OR click on the “jump to recipe” (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Grated Nutmeg
- Ground Cinnamon
- Grapeseed Oil (or other neutral-tasting light oil)
- Brown Sugar
- Apple Cider
- Apple, (finely diced) I used Gala
- Granulated Sugar
Basic kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- Large Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Large Measuring Cup
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Muffin Tin
- Pastry Brush
- Nutmeg Grater
- Small Bowl
- Bakery Boxes optional (for sharing muffins with friends and coworkers)
Can these apple cider donut muffins be frozen?
Cool them completely after baking and then wrap them well in a single layer in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months.
Thaw completely before eating.
When is the best time to make and serve these donut muffins?
I love these muffins best when it’s apple season but they’re delicious year-round.
Why not make them for:
- PTA Meetings
- Book Club
- School Bake Sale
- Office coworkers
- Library Aids
- Teacher Appreciation
- Church Meetings
- Breakfast and Brunch
- Card Club
- Dinner Parties
- Thank You Gifts
- Nurses Thank You
- People you love.
Additional recipes using apple cider:
*Apple Pie Wedges (as seen in the featured video) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
*Apple Cider Braised Chicken Breasts (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
*Apple Cider Bread Machine Mix from Budget 101
*Roasted Apple Cider Chia Pudding from Spabettie
*Apple Cider Pancakes (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
*Caramel Apple Spice Cheesecake Dip from Dip Recipe Creations
*Apple Cider Margaritas from A Nerd Cooks
*Sunflower Crunch Salad (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen
*Apple Cider Donut Muffins (pictured below) from (yours truly) Kudos Kitchen. This is the place! 🙂
The easy instructions for making apple cider donut muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Peel and small dice one apple (approximately 1½ cups)
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Brush the inside of the muffin tin with melted butter and generously add cinnamon sugar to each well.
- Shake the tin around until the cinnamon sugar evenly covers each well.
- Set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, grated nutmeg, and ground cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, apple cider, and oil.
- Pour the apple cider/oil mixture into the flour mixture and add the diced apples.
- Stir the muffin batter until fully incorporated.
- Fill the prepared muffin tin with the batter to 2/3’s full.
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and immediately brush the tops of the muffins liberally with a mixture of melted butter and apple cider.
- Liberally sprinkle the tops of each muffin with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Twice. 🙂
- Cool for 10-15 minutes and then run a knife around each muffin and carefully remove them from the tin.
- Cool the muffins on a baking rack until completely cooled.
Below is the printable recipe card and instructions, along with the nutritional information for making for today’s Apple Cider Donut Muffins.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars within the recipe card.
Apple Cider Donut Muffins
- To make the muffins:
- 1 medium apple peeled, cored and finely diced.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar loosely packed
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon divided
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil or other light, neutral-tasting oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup apple cider plus 1 tablespoon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- Peel and dice 1 medium apple
- In a small bowl stir together the granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of the ground cinnamon.
- Brush each muffin well liberally with melted butter, reserving the remaining melted butter. Set aside.
- Add approximately 1½ teaspoons of the cinnamon sugar to each buttered muffin well and gently shake and turn the tin to distribute the cinnamon sugar evenly around each well.
- Set the muffin tin aside.
- Reserve the remaining cinnamon sugar for later.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and remaining 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, and apple cider.
- Add the apple cider mixture to the flour mixture, along with the diced apples, and stir well to combine.
- Add the muffin batter to the prepared muffin tin filling to 3/4's full.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider to the reserved melted butter. Stir well.
- Brush the tops of the baked muffins liberally with the remaining butter/apple cider mixture.
- Liberally sprinkle each of the buttered muffins with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Allow the muffins to cool 10 minutes and then run a knife around each tin to loosen the muffins and carefully move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for apple cider donut muffins as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!