When you’re looking for an easy and delicious potato side dish with a crispy exterior, creamy interior, and a fresh, bright flavor, look no further than these Air Fryer Baby Potatoes!
What’s that? You don’t have an air fryer but still would like to make this tasty potato dish?
No problem. Stick with me and I’m happy to show you how…
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Roasted Baby Potatoes with Lemon and Thyme is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the “jump to recipe” button (found above) to be taken directly to the recipe.
The ingredient list:
**Note – The following lists of ingredients plus kitchen tools and equipment contain affiliate links (highlighted in blue) for your consideration and shopping convenience. #CommissionsEarned
- baby potatoes, your choice of color (approximately 1½ pounds)
- olive oil
- lemongrass paste (can be found by the herbs in the produce section)
- fresh lemon zest
- fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
Kitchen tools and equipment needed:
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- large mixing bowl
- baking sheet (for the air fryer, or oven)
- citrus zester
- air fryer (shown, optional), or oven
- slotted spatula
- wooden spoon
- measuring spoons
How to make lemon and thyme baby potatoes in the oven:
Preheat the oven to 425-degrees.
Follow the instructions given in the recipe but instead of adding the potatoes to the air fryer, pop them in the oven instead.
Roast them for 25-30 minutes, or until they’re tender in the center and golden brown and crispy on the outside.
Can dry thyme be substituted for the fresh thyme?
Yes, but I recommend using fresh if possible.
However, if using dried thyme, instead of using 1 teaspoon (as the recipe calls for), use ½ teaspoon instead as dried herbs are stronger in flavor than their fresh counterparts.
How many people does this recipe serve?
If serving as a side dish, this recipe (as written) will serve 4 people.
That said, if you’d like to increase the number of servings, it’s super simple to do by easily doubling the ingredient measurements.
*Please note – If working with an air fryer, doubling the recipe may call for making two batches, depending on how large your air fryer is.
How to make air fryer baby potatoes with lemon and thyme:
- Wash (no need to peel) the baby potatoes, and cut them in half.
- Place them in a large bowl and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lemongrass paste, 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon zest, 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves, 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Toss or stir the potatoes thoroughly to coat.
- Add them to a baking sheet and cook in an air fryer at 400-degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- *Note – If using a kitchen oven, preheat oven to 425-degrees, add the potatoes to a large baking sheet, and roast for 25 – 30 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Additional air fryer recipes:
*Fried Eggs in an Air Fryer (shown below)
Follow along as I show you my easy method for how to fry eggs in an air fryer. Step away from the stovetop with this fast and cool cooking method.
*Pizza Nachos (shown below)
Yep! You heard me correctly. Pizza Nachos. Make them in an air fryer, or traditional oven. Please. Thank you. You’re welcome! 😉
*Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks (shown below)
Dinnertime just got a whole lot easier! Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks are coated with cornflake crumbs and seasonings. Then they’re air fried to crispy, crunchy, perfection! In less than 30 minutes you’ll be sitting down to a delicious meal!
*Air Fryer Baby Potatoes with Lemon and Thyme (shown below) THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s roasted baby potato side dish.
If you’ve made this recipe, or are excited to make this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to leave it a star rating in the recipe card, along with a comment if you’re so inclined. Thank you. 🙂
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes with Lemon and Thyme
- 1½ pounds baby potatoes cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1½ teaspoons coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss (or stir) to coat.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer onto a baking sheet.
- Place the potatoes into an air fryer and set the temperature to 400-degrees for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot.
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s delicious roasted baby potato recipe with lemon and thyme as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!