Dinnertime just got a whole lot easier! Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks are coated with cornflake crumbs and seasonings. Then they’re air fried to crispy, crunchy, perfection! In less than 30 minutes you’ll be sitting down to a delicious meal!
Even if you’re new to cooking, or nervous in the kitchen, you will be completely successful with this easy to follow and foolproof recipe for air fryer drumsticks!
If you can brush chicken drumsticks with mayonnaise and toss them with crushed cornflakes then you’re going to love this recipe! I guarantee it!
This Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich (showcased in the featured video) is another air fryer recipe you’ll also enjoy!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks is available near the end of this post. OR click on the “jump to recipe” tab (found below) to be taken directly to the recipe.Jump to Recipe
The ingredient list:
- chicken drumsticks
- cornflake crumbs (found by the breadcrumbs in the market)
- Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- ground thyme
- ground sage
- garlic powder
How many chicken drumsticks does this recipe make?
- I made 12 chicken drumsticks with this recipe (two batches). But you can easily double, or cut the recipe in half if needed.
- Once made, these air fryer chicken drumsticks are super easy to grab for an on-the-go lunch or even quicker dinner when time is extra tight.
- They’re tasty reheated or even eaten cold for in a school lunch box, or packed up for a picnic.
The easy instructions for how to make air fryer chicken drumsticks;
- Stir together the Greek yogurt, milk, salt, and pepper until creamy.
- Brush the yogurt mixture evenly over each chicken leg.
- In a medium bowl stir together the cornflakes, ground thyme, ground sage, garlic powder, remaining salt, and pepper.
- Coat each yogurt coated chicken leg evenly with the cornflake crumbs.
- Place 6 drumsticks into the air fryer and spray with a light touch of olive oil spray.
- Set to 375-degrees for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes pierce one of the biggest chicken drumsticks with a skewer. If the juices run clear (with no pink), the chicken is cooked through. OR test with a meat thermometer for an internal temperature of 165-degrees Fahrenheit.
- If the juices run pink return the chicken to the air fryer to cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Continue the same process with the remaining 6 drumsticks.
Do I have to use drumsticks for this recipe?
- No. You can use whatever cut of chicken you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Chicken with bones takes longer to cook than chicken without bones.
- Dark meat takes longer to cook than light meat.
What is the proper internal temperature for cooking chicken?
- For white meat, the proper internal temperature is 160-degrees Fahrenheit.
- For dark meat, the proper internal temperature is 165-degrees Fahrenheit.
What if I don’t have a meat thermometer?
- A good way to test if the chicken is cooked through is to pierce it in the thickest part with a knife or skewer. If the juices run clear, with no pinkish tinge, then it’s cooked through.
- Or, give the chicken a little slice with a sharp knife (through to the center) and if it’s completely opaque, it’s cooked.
Does an air fryer require any oil at all?
- If I’m going to be totally honest, I’ve not used my air fryer without any oil, although I’m sure you can.
- However, the oil I do use is minimal. I’ve only been using a light spray on the things I’m cooking.
- So far I’ve used an olive oil spray, and grapeseed oil spray, but there are so many other spray oils to choose from which will also be perfect for the air fryer.
- Soon I’m going to branch out and use coconut oil spray for a few sweet recipes I have in mind. Stay tuned. 😉
Is an air fryer an important kitchen appliance?
- An air fryer is an appliance I didn’t know I needed until I received one as a gift. Now I’m using it non-stop, and sometimes even twice a day!
- If an air fryer can take the guesswork out of cooking, and turn out perfectly browned meats, perfectly roasted vegetables, as well as delicious fried foods (but without all the oil), then why wouldn’t you want to add it to your kitchen appliance wishlist?
Whether you’re working on a blue screen device or in the kitchen, the following affiliate products are ones I can highly recommend to save your eyesight and your sanity.
Below is a photo of my blue blocker computer glasses in action! I swear by them! I work at the computer for what feels like all-day, every-day, and these glasses have relieved a great deal of eye-stress and migraine problems for me.
A neurologist was the one who recommended I get myself some, and it was the best thing he could have told me to do, so now I pass that information on to you!
Below is the printable recipe card along with the exact ingredient measurements and nutritional information for making today’s easy dinner recipe of air fryer chicken drumsticks.
- 12 chicken legs
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups corn flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper divided
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- olive oil spray
In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and the milk until creamy.
Brush each chicken leg with the yogurt mixture on all sides. Set aside.
Add the cornflakes, remaining salt, remaining pepper, thyme, sage, and garlic powder into a medium bowl.
Coat each chicken leg evenly with the cornflake crumb mixture.
Add 6 of the chicken legs to the air fryer and spray sparingly with olive oil spray.
Close the fryer and set the temperature to 375-degrees, and set the time for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, check the chicken for doneness and to make sure the juices run clear. If not, return the chicken to the fryer and cook for an additional 5 minutes (if needed).
Tools and equipment;
Air fryer, pastry brush, medium bowls, measuring spoons, measuring cups, meat thermometer
Thank you so much for visiting me here today in my Kudos Kitchen!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for foolproof air fryer chicken drumsticks as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more Kudos Kitchen recipe information, please follow me on my social medial channels (listed below), and don’t forget to TAG me @kudoskitchen with photos so I can view all your delicious recipe creations! It’s exciting for me when you share them, so don’t be shy!
Kudos Kitchen by Renee – BRINGING YOU EASY, ECONOMICAL, AND DELICIOUS DISHES TO FEED YOUR LOVED ONES!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
**Note – The post above includes affiliate links. As always, I truly thank you for your support!