Mexican Beans & Rice is a hearty and healthy side dish that comes together in about 15 minutes thanks to basic pantry staples and frozen vegetables.
With Cinco de Mayo being just around the corner, you can add this fast and easy Mexican Beans & Rice dish to your May 5th menu without ever missing a beat.
Using instant brown rice, frozen spinach, frozen corn, canned pinto beans, beef broth, and prepared salsa, this is a dish that even the most novice cooks can set on the table with pride.
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Mexican Beans and Rice is available at the end of this post. OR you can hit the "jump to recipe" button (below) to be taken directly to the recipe.Jump to Recipe
The ingredient list:
- instant brown rice
- beef stock
- salt and pepper
- pinto beans
- fire-roasted jalapenos
- frozen corn
- frozen spinach
- prepared salsa
- ground cumin
I don't know about you, but I'm having a hard time believing that Cinco de Mayo is only a few weeks away.
This year has been flying by, and here in the Midwest where I live I think spring is finally going to unpack her bags and stay for a while (or at least I hope so).
Having said that, I'm anxious to fire up our backyard grill, and in particular grill up some beef and chicken to wrap inside a few tortillas and serve them along with this dish of Mexican Beans & Rice.
Or, if you'd like to make this as more of a dinner entree, why not add cooked beef or chicken (i.e. leftovers) right into the beans and rice for an amazing one-pot wonder? Now we're really talking fast and easy!
The easy instructions:
- Bring beef stock (seasoned with salt and pepper) and butter to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the instant brown rice.
- Cover and remove from heat until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in 1 can pinto beans, fire-roasted jalapenos, prepared salsa, frozen corn, ground cumin, and frozen spinach.
- Return to low heat and stir until the spinach and corn are warmed through.
Mexican Beans and Rice
- 1 ¾ cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) pinto beans drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ cup prepared salsa
- 1 can (3.5 ounces) fire-roasted jalapenos
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- Bring the beef stock and butter to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and rice.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and allow the rice to absorb the liquid.
- Once the liquid is absorbed (approximately 7-10 minutes), return the pan to medium/low heat and stir in the beans, corn, salsa, cumin, jalapenos and the frozen spinach.
- Stir to combine and heat through.
If you're looking for something cool and delicious to wash down your Mexican Beans and Rice, what about this?
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!