White Wine Poached Chicken Breast with bay is moist, tender, and flavorful. It's ready in under 30 minutes for a wide variety of uses.
You're going to love the simplicity of this boneless, skinless chicken cooking technique because it almost doesn't feel like cooking at all. Even someone who feels unskilled in the kitchen can be wildly successful with this recipe for White Wine Poached Chicken Breast with bay.
Once cooked, you can use this White Wine Poached Chicken Breast with Bay Leaf for all sorts of salads, sandwiches, and casseroles.
You are only limited by your imagination with how you'll use it. Of course, you can eat it plain too. It's that good!
If you don't count the water as an ingredient, this recipe technique only requires three simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, fridge, or freezer.
The ingredients are boneless, skinless chicken breast, white wine (cheap wine works well for this), and a bay leaf or two. From there, all you need is a medium size saucepan, and in under 30 minutes, you'll have perfectly poached chicken.
How to poach chicken in white wine
- Add water, wine, and bay leaf to a medium saucepan.
- Add the boneless, skinless chicken breast to the pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and cool slightly.
- Cut or shred the chicken (using two forks) and season with salt and pepper if desired.
Here are a few recipe ideas for using the White Wine Poached Chicken Breast with Bay Leaf that I've shared over the years. Maybe they can help spark your imagination.
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
White Wine Poached Chicken with Bay
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1-2 bay leaf
- Medium saucepan
- 2 forks for shredding meat
- Place all the ingredients in the saucepan and simmer for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the cooked chicken and cool slightly.
- Cut or shred the chicken for use in salads, sandwiches, casseroles, other recipes.
Garlic cloves or shallots would also work for flavoring the poaching liquid. Smash lightly before simmering.