If you've never been a fresh Brussels sprouts fan before this recipe for Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Candied Bacon just may change your mind!
And, if you're already a Brussels sprouts fan, be prepared to have your mind blown when you add the sweet and spicy candied bacon topping. It's the best and an excellent complement to the caramelized Brussels sprouts!!
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Sautéed Brussels Sprouts is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list:
- Fresh Brussels Sprouts (approximately 1 pound) trimmed and halved (or quartered)
- Bacon (½ pound)
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Dried Cranberries
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Chopped Pecans
- Salt and Pepper
Can I use this sweet and spicy candied bacon topping on other vegetables?
- Yes! Yes! and Yes!
- It would be delicious on cooked green beans, asparagus, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, or even over grilled romaine lettuce if you really want to think outside of the candied bacon topping box!
- AND, what about over a cooked sweet potato? Be still my heart!! I think I'm in love with this idea and can't wait to try it for myself!
For additional Kudos Kitchen fresh Brussels sprouts recipes:
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Prosciutto
- Skillet Chicken Thighs with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Brussels Sprouts and Apples
- Baked Farro Casserole with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts
- Colorful Sauteed Autumn Vegetables
- Chopped Fruit and Vegetable Salad
Below is the printable recipe card along with the nutritional information for today’s Brussels Sprouts recipe with candied bacon.
When you make this recipe, and I hope you do, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment to leave a star rating on the recipe card and briefly comment on why you rated it as you did. FYI - Google appreciates recipe ratings and, in turn, will share my recipes with more people. Thank you so much!!
Printable Recipe Card
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Sweet & Spicy Candied Bacon
For the sweet and spicy candied bacon;
- ½ pound bacon cut into 1" pieces
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- ½ teaspoon pepper
For the Brussels sprouts;
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed, and halved or quartered
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
To make the candied bacon;
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until almost crisp.
- Stir in the remaining candied bacon ingredients and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
To prepare the Brussels sprouts;
- In a second large skillet, saute the prepared Brussels sprouts in the oil and butter over medium/high heat. Season with salt and pepper and stir occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cover the pan. Allow the Brussels sprouts to cook, covered, for 5-7 minutes (or until your desired doneness).
- Uncover and spoon the sweet and spicy candied bacon into the Brussels sprouts and stir well to heat through.
- Serve hot.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's fresh Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Candied Bacon recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!