If you’ve never been a fresh Brussels sprouts fan before this recipe for Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Sweet & Spicy Candied Bacon just may change your mind!
And, if you’re already a Brussels sprouts fan, be prepared to have your mind blown when you add the sweet and spicy candied bacon topping. It’s the best and an excellent complement to the caramelized Brussels sprouts!!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Sweet & Spicy Candied Bacon is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list for making Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Sweet & Spicy Candied Bacon;
- Fresh Brussels Sprouts (approximately 1 pound) trimmed and halved (or quartered)
- Bacon (½ pound)
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Dried Cranberries
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Chopped Pecans
- Salt and Pepper
Can I use this sweet & spicy candied bacon topping on other vegetables?
- Yes! Yes! and Yes!
- It would be delicious on cooked green beans, asparagus, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, or even over grilled romaine lettuce if you really want to think outside of the candied bacon topping box!
- AND, what about over a cooked sweet potato? Be still my heart!! I think I’m in love with this idea and can’t wait to try it for myself!
For additional Kudos Kitchen fresh Brussels sprouts recipes, please click on the following titles for;
- Skillet Chicken Thighs with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Brussels Sprouts and Apples
- Baked Farro Casserole with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts
- Colorful Sauteed Autumn Vegetables
- Chopped Fruit and Vegetable Salad
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- ½ pound bacon cut into 1" pieces
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed, and halved or quartered
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
In a large skillet, cook the bacon until almost crisp.
- Stir in the remaining candied bacon ingredients and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
In a second large skillet, saute the prepared Brussels sprouts in the oil and butter over medium/high heat. Season with salt and pepper and stir occasionally.
Reduce the heat to medium and cover the pan. Allow the Brussels sprouts to cook, covered, for 5-7 minutes (or until your desired doneness).
Uncover and spoon the sweet and spicy candied bacon into the Brussels sprouts and stir well to heat through.
Tools and equipment;
2 large skillets, wooden spoon, measuring cups, measuring spoons, cutting board and chef's knife, cover (or foil) for the skillet.
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s fresh Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Candied Bacon recipe as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!