Fast and easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Quesadillas are for those times when you want something delicious to eat but you don't have a whole lot of time to fuss.
Today's breakfast quesadillas are super quick and super easy to prepare because they take advantage of pre-cooked sausage crumbles, prepared shredded cheese, and a package of flour tortillas.
The only thing you'll really have to do is fry up a few eggs, and do the assembly. BAM! You'll be eating in no time!
The following recipe for Hard Boiled Egg Stuffed Biscuits is another one I know you'll also enjoy!
**Please Note - The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Breakfast Quesadillas with Sausage and Egg is available at the end of this post.
These breakfast quesadillas are crispy and crunchy on the outside with plenty of melted cheese, a fried egg, and sausage crumbles on the inside.
The ingredient list:
- Flour Tortillas
- Pre-Cooked Breakfast Sausage, crumbled
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Additional add-in suggestions:
- Pre-Cooked Bacon
- Refried Beans
- Green Onions
- Green Bell Peppers
- Red Bell Peppers
- Pre-Cooked Hash Brown Potatoes
- Jalapeno Peppers
Why this recipe works:
These fast and easy quesadillas are fantastic for breakfast, snacks, and even as a quick weeknight dinner when there's little time to cook, and you need something delicious, and protein-packed that can be eaten on the run, for when you're off and running.
Can these breakfast quesadillas be frozen?
Sure! After you make a bunch, individually wrap each one in parchment paper and a large zip-top bag.
To reheat, remove the zip-top bag and reheat the quesadilla (still wrapped in parchment) in a microwave oven on medium power for 1-2 minutes. Check for doneness and return to the microwave for additional time if needed.
The easy instructions:
- Place 6 - 6" flour tortillas on a prepared baking sheet.
- Evenly spread shredded cheese over each tortilla.
- Top the cheesy layer with fried eggs.
- Top the fried egg with pre-cooked sausage crumbles.
- Layer more shredded cheese over the crumbles.
- Top each quesadilla with the final flour tortillas.
- Fry each tortilla in olive oil until golden, on both sides.
Below is the printable recipe card and instructions for making for today’s Sausage and Fried Egg Breakfast Quesadillas.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post.
Sausage and Fried Egg Breakfast Quesadillas
- 12 6 " Flour Tortillas
- 6 Fried Eggs seasoned with salt and pepper
- 6 ounces Pre-Cooked Breakfast Sausage crumbled
- 8 ounces Shredded Pepper-Jack Cheese
- 8 ounces Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil for pan-frying
- Place 6 tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Top each tortilla with an even layer of
- Top the Pepper-Jack cheese with a fried egg.
- Top each fried egg with an even layer of pre-cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage.
- Top the sausage crumbles with an even layer of
- Top the cheddar cheese with the remaining flour
- For each quesadilla, heat approximately 2-3
teaspoons of oil a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- One at a time, place each tortilla in the skillet and cook for about 30-45 seconds until the tortilla is nicely golden and the cheese has started to melt.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook the second side for an additional 30-45 seconds until the center is heated through and the cheese is nicely melted throughout.
- Cool slightly, slice and serve.
and kept in the fridge to heat and eat as you need them. For oven heating: Wrap them individually in foil and heat in
the oven for about 5 minutes at 325 degrees. For microwave heating: Wrap individually in a paper towel or
parchment paper and heat in the microwave for about 40 seconds on medium heat.
I sincerely hope you've enjoyed today's recipe for Sausage and Fried Egg Breakfast Quesadillas as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
You would have no problem getting everyone around the breakfast table with these waiting! They look scrumptious Renee! Love your recipe.