Fast and easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Quesadillas are for those times when you want something delicious to eat but you don’t have a whole lot of time to fuss.
Today’s breakfast quesadillas are super quick and super easy to prepare because they take advantage of pre-cooked sausage crumbles, prepared shredded cheese, and a package of flour tortillas.
The only thing you’ll really have to do is fry up a few eggs, and do the assembly. BAM! You’ll be eating in no time!
The following recipe for Hard Boiled Egg Stuffed Biscuits is another one I know you’ll also enjoy!
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions, complete ingredient measurements, and nutritional information for making Breakfast Quesadillas with Sausage and Egg is available at the end of this post.
The ingredient list;
- Flour Tortillas
- Pre-Cooked Breakfast Sausage, crumbled
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Additional add-in suggestions;
- Pre-Cooked Bacon
- Refried Beans
- Green Onions
- Green Bell Peppers
- Red Bell Peppers
- Pre-Cooked Hash Brown Potatoes
- Jalapeno Peppers
Why this recipe works:
These fast and easy quesadillas are fantastic for breakfast, snacks, and even as a quick weeknight dinner when there’s little time to cook, and you need something delicious, and protein-packed that can be eaten on the run, for when you’re off and running.
Can these breakfast quesadillas be frozen?
Sure! After you make a bunch, individually wrap each one in parchment paper and a large zip-top bag.
To reheat, remove the zip-top bag and reheat the quesadilla (still wrapped in parchment) in a microwave oven on medium power for 1-2 minutes. Check for doneness and return to the microwave for additional time if needed.
The easy instructions;
- Place 6 – 6″ flour tortillas on a prepared baking sheet.
- Evenly spread shredded cheese over each tortilla.
- Top the cheesy layer with fried eggs.
- Top the fried egg with pre-cooked sausage crumbles.
- Layer more shredded cheese over the crumbles.
- Top each quesadilla with the final flour tortillas.
- Fry each tortilla in olive oil until golden, on both sides.
Below is the printable recipe card and instructions for making for today’s Sausage and Fried Egg Breakfast Quesadillas.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post.
- 12 6" Flour Tortillas
- 6 Fried Eggs (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 6 ounces Pre-Cooked Breakfast Sausage, crumbled
- 8 ounces Shredded Pepper-Jack Cheese
- 8 ounces Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil (for pan-frying)
- Place 6 tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Top each tortilla with an even layer of
- Top the Pepper-Jack cheese with a fried egg.
- Top each fried egg with an even layer of pre-cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage.
- Top the sausage crumbles with an even layer of
- Top the cheddar cheese with the remaining flour
- For each quesadilla, heat approximately 2-3
teaspoons of oil a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- One at a time, place each tortilla in the skillet and cook for about 30-45 seconds until the tortilla is nicely golden and the cheese has started to melt.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook the second side for an additional 30-45 seconds until the center is heated through and the cheese is nicely melted throughout.
- Cool slightly, slice and serve.
*Note - These can be cooled completely, wrapped individually
and kept in the fridge to heat and eat as you need them.
For oven heating: Wrap them individually in foil and heat in
the oven for about 5 minutes at 325 degrees.
For microwave heating: Wrap individually in a paper towel or
parchment paper and heat in the microwave for about 40 seconds on medium heat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fasmov Parchment Paper Baking Liner Sheets Pan liner, 11.8 x 15.7", 500 Count
Fish Spatula - AdeptChef Stainless Steel, Slotted Turner - Thin-Edged Design Ideal For Turning & Flipping To Enhance Frying & Grilling - Sturdy Handle, Multi-Purpose - Buy Yours TODAY!
Cuisinart 722-30G Chef's Classic 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
Amount Per Serving Calories 717Total Fat 51gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 280mgSodium 1031mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 34g
Thank you so much for visiting me here in my Kudos Kitchen!!
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Sausage and Fried Egg Breakfast Quesadillas as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For more information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, please follow me on my social media:
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!