No Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake is an easy and impressive dessert which features in-season fresh and juicy Florida grown strawberries.
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
When you’re looking to impress your family and friends with an uncomplicated no-bake dessert that looks like you spent hours preparing, look no further. This no-fuss, No Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake for #SundaySupper is the dessert you’ll be proud to serve!
December through April is the perfect time to purchase Florida grown strawberries in the market. If your local grocer doesn’t carry them, don’t forget to put your request in with the produce manager. You’ll be glad you did.
I purchase Florida strawberries at my neighborhood Meijer store, and they’re always plump, fresh, nutritious and delicious! They’re perfect for snacking on as is or in desserts like my No Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake.
To learn more about delicious and nutritious Florida Strawberries, please visit the Florida Strawberry Growers Association and for additional information regarding proper storage and handling to keep your Florida strawberries at their peak, please click HERE. I also urge you to follow Florida Strawberry across all of their social media (like I do). FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER, and YOUTUBE.
My inspiration for this No Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake for #SundaySupper comes from a recipe my mom has been making for years and years which she calls Chocolate Eclair Cake.
The difference between what my mom makes and the recipe I’m sharing today is that I used fresh Florida strawberries layered between chocolate graham crackers and instant vanilla pudding, mixed with strawberry gelatin. Then I topped it all off with a rich, creamy, simple to make chocolate ganache which is semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy cream.
If you’re ready to make this simple No Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake, let’s begin. *Note – It takes less than 20 minutes to make but then it needs to chill at least 4-hours in the refrigerator, or you can pop it into the freezer as I did.
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper that has been trimmed to size, making sure to leave enough paper on the sides for easier removal once the cake is set. Trim the graham crackers to fit the bottom of the parchment lined loaf pan. *Note – gently score the crackers with a paring knife to make them easier to break and so they don’t crumble. Set the loaf pan aside while preparing the pudding and strawberries.
In a large bowl, prepare the instant pudding according to package directions. Stir in the strawberry gelatin and mix well to combine. Trim and slice approximately 3 cups of Florida strawberries.
Add the prepared pudding to a pourable container and layer half of the pudding mixture on top of the first layer of graham crackers.
Layer the sliced strawberry on top of the pudding layer and then trim enough graham crackers to form the middle layer.
Pour the remaining pudding on the second layer of graham crackers along with an additional layer of sliced strawberries. Top the entire dessert with a final layer of trimmed to fit graham crackers. Set aside.
To make the chocolate ganache, melt chocolate chips with hot, heavy cream and stir well until the ganache is smooth and creamy.
Carefully pour the chocolate ganache over the top layer of graham crackers and spread in a smooth, even layer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or place in the freezer until solid. To remove the No Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake from the pan, allow the frozen treat to sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes and then use the parchment paper to gently lift the cake out of the pan.
Garnish the top of the cake with whipped cream and fresh Florida strawberries. Slice. Serve. Enjoy!
For some of my other recipes in which you can use Florida strawberries, please click on the following titles for;
- Chicken with Strawberry Satay Sauce
- One Bowl Strawberry Banana Bread
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread Pudding
- Healthy Low Sugar Mixed Berry Sorbet
- 2 - 3 sleeves of chocolate graham crackers
- 2 pints fresh strawberries 1 pint sliced to ¼" thickness and 1 pint reserved as whole berries.
- 1 box 3.4 ounces Instant French vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 box 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream heated to a simmer
- reserved strawberries 4-5 cut in half lengthwise, and the remainder left whole.
- whipped cream for garnish
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper that's been trimmed to fit. Approximately 30" x 5"
- Carefully score the chocolate graham crackers with a paring knife and fit them into the bottom of the parchment lined loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk until thickened.
- Add the strawberry gelatin to the pudding mix and whisk until smooth.
- Add the pudding mixture to a pourable bowl and pour (or spoon) half of the pudding mixture on top the graham crackers in the loaf pan.
- Top the pudding mixture with an even layer of sliced strawberries.
- Top with more graham crackers that have been trimmed to fit.
- Add the remaining pudding mixture, another layer of sliced berries, and a final layer of trimmed graham crackers. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the heavy cream until hot, but not boiling.
- Add the chocolate chips to a medium bowl and pour the heated cream over the chocolate.
- Stir well until all the chocolate is melted and the ganache is creamy and smooth.
- Pour the ganache evenly over the top layer of graham crackers and smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or freeze until hard.
- If frozen, remove from the freezer at least 30-45 minutes before serving.
- Remove the cake by lifting it from the loaf pan using the parchment paper.
- Place the cake on a serving plate and garnish with whole strawberries around the side, whipped cream and half strawberries on top, if desired.
Tools and equipment:
And now without further ado, here are all the other wonderful #SundaySupper No Bake Strawberry Dessert recipes you’ll want to make ASAP so don’t forget to stock up on your Florida grown strawberries on your next trip to the market!
No Bake Strawberry Desserts
No Bake Strawberry Cakes and Pies
- Dairy Free Strawberry Silk Pie by Helpful Homemade
- Easy and Delicious Florida Strawberry Pie by Family Foodie
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No Bake Strawberry Lime Mousse Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No-Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- No-Bake Strawberry Slab Pie by Hardly A Goddess
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake by Soulfully Made
- Strawberry Icebox Cheesecake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Tasty Strawberry Layered Desserts
- Fresh Strawberry Pretzel Dessert by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Low Carb Lemon & Strawberry Cheesecake Treat by My Life Cookbook
- No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Lasagna by My Sweet Savings
- Strawberry Ginger Rice Pudding Cups by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Shortcake Parfait by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Tiramisu by Caroline’s Cooking
- Strawberry-lemon Panna Cotta with Lemon Biscotti by Authentically Candace
Special and Delicious Strawberry Treats
- Cannoli Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries by Jersey Girl Cooks
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake K-bobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream by Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Dole Whip by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Mochi by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry S’mores Skillet Dip by Casa de Crews
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for No Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake for #SundaySupper featuring Florida grown strawberries as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you. Should you have any questions regarding this recipe, or anything else you see on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can.
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!