Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake is an easy no-bake and impressive dessert which features fresh juicy strawberries.
When you're looking to impress your family and friends with an uncomplicated no-bake dessert that looks like you spent hours preparing, look no further. This no-fuss, Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake is the dessert you'll be proud to serve!
My inspiration for this No-Bake Pudding Cake comes from a recipe my mom has been making for years and years which she calls chocolate eclair cake.
The difference between what my mom makes and the recipe I'm sharing today is that I used fresh strawberries layered between chocolate graham crackers and instant vanilla pudding, mixed with strawberry gelatin.
Then I topped it all off with a rich, creamy, chocolate ganache which is semi-sweet chocolate chips mixed with heavy cream.
How to make chocolate strawberry pudding cake:
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper that has been trimmed to size, making sure to leave enough paper on the sides for easier removal once the cake is set.
- Trim the graham crackers to fit the bottom of the parchment-lined loaf pan. *Note - gently score the crackers with a paring knife to make them easier to break and so they don't crumble.
- Set the loaf pan aside while preparing the pudding and strawberries.
- In a large bowl, prepare the instant pudding according to package directions.
- Stir in the strawberry gelatin and mix well to combine.
- Trim and slice approximately 3 cups of strawberries.
- Add the prepared pudding to a pourable container and layer half of the pudding mixture on top of the first layer of graham crackers.
- Layer the sliced strawberry on top of the pudding layer and then trim enough graham crackers to form the middle layer.
- Pour the remaining pudding on the second layer of graham crackers along with an additional layer of sliced strawberries.
- Top the entire dessert with a final layer of trimmed to fit graham crackers.
- Set aside.
- To make the chocolate ganache, melt chocolate chips with hot, heavy cream and stir well until the ganache is smooth and creamy.
- Carefully pour the chocolate ganache over the top layer of graham crackers and spread in a smooth, even layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or place in the freezer until solid.
- To remove the No Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake from the pan, allow the frozen treat to sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes, and then use the parchment paper to gently lift the cake out of the pan.
- Garnish the top of the cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- Slice. Serve. Enjoy!
Additional strawberry recipes:
- Chicken with Strawberry Satay Sauce
- One Bowl Strawberry Banana Bread
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread Pudding
- Healthy Low Sugar Mixed Berry Sorbet
Printable Recipe Card
No-Bake Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake
- 2 - 3 sleeves of chocolate graham crackers
- 2 pints fresh strawberries 1 pint sliced to ¼" thickness and 1 pint reserved as whole berries.
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) Instant French vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 box (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream heated to a low-simmer
- reserved strawberries 4-5 cut in half lengthwise, and the remainder left whole.
- whipped cream for garnish
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper that's been trimmed to fit. Approximately 30" x 5"
- Carefully score the chocolate graham crackers with a paring knife and fit them into the bottom of the parchment lined loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk until thickened.
- Add the strawberry gelatin to the pudding mix and whisk until smooth.
- Add the pudding mixture to a pourable bowl and pour (or spoon) half of the pudding mixture on top the graham crackers in the loaf pan.
- Top the pudding mixture with an even layer of sliced strawberries.
- Top with more graham crackers that have been trimmed to fit.
- Add the remaining pudding mixture, another layer of sliced berries, and a final layer of trimmed graham crackers. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the heavy cream until hot, but not boiling.
- Add the chocolate chips to a medium bowl and pour the heated cream over the chocolate.
- Stir well until all the chocolate is melted and the ganache is creamy and smooth.
- Pour the ganache evenly over the top layer of graham crackers and smooth.
- Refrigerate for 4 - 6 hours or freeze until hard.
- If frozen, remove from the freezer at least 30-45 minutes before serving.
- Remove the cake by lifting it from the loaf pan using the parchment paper.
- Place the cake on a serving plate and garnish with whole strawberries around the side, whipped cream and half strawberries on top, if desired.
Thank you so much for visiting me today in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you found something you'll love and that you'll come back and visit me often. There is always room for you around my table!
Should you have any questions or comments regarding anything you've seen here on my blog, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. It is always my distinct pleasure to respond to you just as soon as I possibly can.
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!!