Treat your family and friends to a breakfast gift this year with this Easy Make-Ahead Christmas Morning Croissant Apple Breakfast Bake. It will be a deliciously sweet start to a very wonderful day!
As you can see from the photos and title, I’m featuring this recipe as a holiday treat. However, the first time I served this amazing breakfast casserole was in the summer when we vacationed with my husband’s family in Northern Wisconsin.
Even though I’ve named this recipe; Easy Make-Ahead Christmas Morning Croissant Apple Breakfast Bake, please make sure you make it throughout the entire year. It’s so good you won’t want to limit it just to the holidays! 😉
**Please Note – The printable recipe card with detailed instructions and complete ingredient measurements for making Easy Make-Ahead Christmas Morning Croissant Apple Breakfast Bake is available near the end of this post.
The ingredient list for making this Croissant Apple Breakfast Bake is as follows;
- 8 large croissants
- 10 large eggs
- maple syrup
- butter, melted
- 2 cans of apple pie filling
That’s it! You can get much easier than that!!
The instructions for making Croissant Apple Breakfast Bake;
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, melted butter, milk, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Break the croissants into small bite-sized pieces and place them evenly into a 9×13 baking dish that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the croissants, making sure to press the croissants into the egg mixture.
- Top the casserole evenly with the apple pie filling.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but overnight is best.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow the casserole to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Place the Croissant Apple Bake in the preheated oven and bake for 90 minutes, or until the casserole is puffed, browned and cooked through in the center, the toothpick test works well to test the doneness.
- Cool slightly before serving and serve with a light dusting of confectioners sugar (not shown) and maple syrup if desired.
For additional breakfast bake recipes I’ve shared in the past (sweet and savory), please click on the following titles for;
- Scrambled Egg and Sausage Breakfast Sliders
- Egg Sandwich Breakfast Casserole
- Waffle and Sausage Bread Pudding
- Cheesy Ham and Cheese Strata
*The following affiliate links are some suggested products I’ve chosen that will aid you in the making and serving of this recipe for Easy Make-Ahead Christmas Morning Croissant Apple Breakfast Bake if needed. By clicking on the item photo, you’ll be taken directly to Amazon.com if you’re interested in purchasing any of these products. You are in no way required to do so, and you will not be charged in any way unless you decide to purchase one of these products through Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Below is the printable recipe card for today’s Easy Make-Ahead Christmas Morning Croissant Apple Breakfast Bake. If you’ve enjoyed this recipe and look forward to making it (or have already made it), I’d appreciate if you’d take a moment to give it some feedback by way of stars near the comment section at the end of this post. Thank you so much!
- 8 large croissants broken into bite-sized pieces
- 10 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup plus additional for serving
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- confectioners sugar optional
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
Place the broken croissants evenly into the bottom of a prepared 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with baking spray.
Pour the egg mixture evenly over the broken croissant pieces, making sure to press the croissants into the egg mixture.
Spread the apple pie filling evenly over top of the croissant egg mixture.
Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but overnight is best.
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
Allow the croissant bake to sit at room temperature at least 45 minutes before baking.
Bake the casserole for 90 minutes, or until the center is set, the casserole is puffed, and the top is golden brown.
Allow the casserole to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Sprinkle with confectioners sugar before serving and additional maple syrup if desired.
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed today’s recipe for Easy Make-Ahead Christmas Morning Croissant Apple Breakfast Bake as much as I’ve enjoyed bringing it to you!
Should you have any questions regarding this recipe or anything else you’ve seen on my site, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly or leave me a comment in the comment section below. It is always my distinct pleasure to get back to you with a reply just as soon as I possibly can!
For additional information regarding my Kudos Kitchen recipes, and/or my hand painted glassware or fabric items, please follow me on;
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Cooking up artistically delicious family-friendly dishes from my Kudos Kitchen to yours!
Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!
*Note – The post above includes affiliate links. When I find a great product or service, I like to share it with my readers. Sometimes I use affiliate links so I can earn a commission for my recommendations. As always, I thank you for your support!